What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super easy pot chocolates. You pick the flavors!!

Useful Idiot

Veteran
So, recently a friend of mine here Ph-Patrol, who is btw, a super nice and helpful guy, brought to my attention that I was at post #999. And that my #1000 should be a good one. And he is right. I will use this post to give back to the group. I for one got a little tired of the same old budder treats. You know, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, fudge, ect. So I decided to try something new. Potcolate!!! I think you will really dig this. The things on the table are just random ideas for your possible treats. But you do need chocolate and budder. I use 2 bags of hersheys chocolate chips to 4 oz of budder. The budder I make for this consists of 4 oz of close trim and popcorn nugs to 1lb of butter. Very potent. The outcome will depend on your budder strength. On with it then. Using the double boiler method,start melting your budder. GO slow and low,till it looks like this Then pour in the chocolate chips and keep stirring until it is fully melted like this Now you are ready for the real fun part . Making your goodies,the possibilities are endless!!! See next post.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Now your potcolate is ready,you get to choose the candies you want to make. Take little cupcake cups and add whatever you want you like Snickers ?? put a chunk in the bottom of the cup, peanut butter cups, almond joy, peppermint patties, reese's pieces, roasted peanuts and raisins like a chunky bar, anything you want. You can use anything you like. Mixed nuts, dried fruits, granola, crumbles pretzels, ect. The hard part is deciding what to put in the lil cups. Once you have decided ...take a spoon and pour your potcolate into your cups. SUPER EASY!!! I share em with friends and family and they constantly ask for more.Also , if you are not a fan of Hersheys chocolate you can use any that you do like. I have even used Dove dark choc. and a really tasty white choc. that the name escapes me atm. But I did that whole batch with macadamia nuts.....those were amazing!!! Any questions, just ask. I hope this gives some others a budder alternative use. I feel as if I am forgetting something I wanted to say. The potcolate really has kicked in.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Oh yeah...I remembered what I wanted to say. If anyone does this, and has any ideas of other things to put in the lil cups. Please do post you ideas here. I like new ideas. It took me a bit of time to come up with the perfect budder to choc ratio. I first did one bag of choc and it did not set properly in my opinion. Did 1and1/2 bags and it was decent. 2 bags totaling 23oz seems perfect. They set really nice and the flavor is really really tasty.

St. Phatty

They sound really good.

I'm afraid I wouldn't get any work done afterwards.

But there's more to life than work ... :dance013:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Well Useful you knocked it out of the park with those posts.
I had to loosen my belt just looking at your tasty recipe. The wife took a peek too and I can see her cogs turning. I think you may have set a plan in motion. An evil plan :sasmokin:lol

Betterhaff

Veteran
Those look interesting. How many pieces does a batch make and what is the dosage? I realize the dosage may vary by strain and how the butter is made but how many candies do you consume for effect? Thx.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
MMM. Yummy.
I can see putting fresh berries in the center if they will be eaten soon enough.
A caramel in the middle with sea salt sprinkled on top would be a good combo.
Crispy bacon in the middle would be tasty.

dickcorn

How do you think coconut oil will work for these? Anybody tried it? I feel that the lower melting point could affect ratio quite a bit.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Those look interesting. How many pieces does a batch make and what is the dosage? I realize the dosage may vary by strain and how the butter is made but how many candies do you consume for effect? Thx.

Hey there bud. I made 52 on that batch. The budder is pretty potent. I eat 2 at a time and feel really good.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
How do you think coconut oil will work for these? Anybody tried it? I feel that the lower melting point could affect ratio quite a bit.

I can't see any reason why not. Hmmmm, I actually have some of that as well. Actually a lil more powerful than my budder. I keep it around for the wife as a topical. And I make cake with it.:biggrin: Thanks for stopping by.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Talk about a midnight snack... Damn sure wouldnt have no troubles getting your 8 hours of sleep a night HAHAHA.
Your the man. I wanna try this as soon as I get shit together. Medicated on the go!

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Talk about a midnight snack... Damn sure wouldnt have no troubles getting your 8 hours of sleep a night HAHAHA.
Your the man. I wanna try this as soon as I get shit together. Medicated on the go!
I actually did have sleep troubles. I only eat 1 before bed time and the troubles all fade away.
It really is medicine. Good to see ya Dr.:tiphat:

theJointedOne

Veteran
Do you spray the baking cups with some sort of non stick? Or do the chocolates slide off easily without any extra help?

Thanks for posting this recipe.