What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese favourite strain?

ToughGirl

I've had several Mercedes through the years, and I never found them to be crap. I also had a Lexus and an Infiniti, which both gave me a lot more problems than any of the Mercedes I've owned. A Benz is a solid car, you can feel it when you drive it. The others felt sloppy in comparison. Just my 2 cents.

Sundance

Not entire crap

A better way of saying it is - the Japanese make really nice cars as well ... at prices far better for the people of Japan than imports at very high prices

Owning a Mercedes in Japan (just like many other places in the world) is a symbol of wealth - not being practical

None of these cars are collectibles

Taxi cabs in Japan are Toyota sedans .. not Mercedes

I like the Toyota Prius

I also like a Japanese designer named " Jun " .. wonder if they are still around

ToughGirl

I think it's easy to call something crap if you've never actually owned one. The Infiniti was definitely the fastest of them, amazingly fast from 0-60, It could light the tires through first and second gear in drive. It truly was a rocket. The Lexus was the most 'cool' of them, nice interior, like an airplane. But I've found the steering and suspensions to be lacking something compared to Mercedes, lots of speed, higher RPM's but sloppy loose steering to go with it. Although in all honesty my Mercedes' were not fast cars by any means, more like a highway car. There's something about Mercedes I love. It's just a beautiful, tough car. I always feel safe in them. You can feel it in the heaviness of the doors, hood, and deck lid. Like twice as thick as Lexus or Infiniti and you can really notice it.

Sundance

I have owned Mercedes - it was crap

Your description of Mercedes is fair .. and I think the same

I have owned BMW and Porsche .. and

Love Porsche - the old and the new

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Mercedes Benz can be crap if the people who are your mechanics are lousy.
if not, the car will be tight, a little tank, not question about it.
parts are expensive too, and finding good mechanics for it too, that is the real weakness imo...

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I think it's easy to call something crap if you've never actually owned one.

Unless you're friend has been selling them for a few decades and you hear from him that in recent years they have had more recalls, more problems than ever before.

You've owned a few cars, big deal, you got ones that weren't crap. The problem is that crap cars roll off with the good ones, really really bad quality control, reduce cost of parts and cutting back on spending at Mercedes has made crap cars compared to Mercedes in the past.

The only thing he says that is good about them today are their safety features.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Mercedes is crap!?!?!?!?The japanese DONT KNOW QUALITY!?!?!?!

All i can do is sit here :laughing: at your ass!!! HAHAHAHAHA

man alot of ignorant folks in here talking out their ass. if you havent lived in Japan DONT TALK.

the japanese make really good cars, but if you want to stand out you drive European. I got an older business friend who i used to play basketball with out there, he only drives BMW. Every year i visit Tokyo he has a new BMW. Last time he picked me up in a 2007 BMW M5 sedan, PIMP.

Mercedes is also a status symbol out there. I have owned two mercedes (1997 e420 and 2000 CLK430). awesome cars, you buy a benz for that smooooth V8 cruisin. They arent really that reliable though, my CEL was flashing on both so i sold them..

Other popular status cars out there are Cadillac Escalades, Yukons, Camaros, but king of them all is the European cars. Its more common to see a BMW sedan in downtown Tokyo than a Silvia S15...

Sbirro

completely off topic I told the teacher at school.What the fuck you got to do the mercedes bmw and toyota?Japanese here on the forum we talk about everything except ganja,you think it sucks?

Rockbiter

Blueberry is a popular strain in Japan. The reason is because Japanese don't have taste and only buy things with names they know. They are very into brands. If you gave then a sample of a very string grass with a name they don't know and an average sample of blueberry, they'd pick the blueberry 9 out of 10 times. Recently the number of strains has grown, but the just buy the ones that the head shops bring in or cup champions. Brands are king.

As far as native strains, there is a native indica that grows wild and finishes quickly with a low yield and an average high (i still like it) called dosanko, which is slang for people who live in Hokkaido.

Having spent years in Japan, I’d love to cross paths with this guy in a dark ally. I’d beat the fucking dense out of him and keep his teeth as souvenirs.

Andyo

Veteran
japanese cell mate

japanese cell mate

I had a japanese cell mate in uk for 4 mnths. early 80,s
He had his first puff of high quality pakistani hash with me at 1 am in our cell:biggrin:

Very good guy ,his sense of honour was very important to him .

I stayed in touch with him until 2006.A

handwerker

like; what the fuck - came here to read about japanese strains and had to read stuff about our shitty betraying 2expensive nazicars
stop buying them, please free us from being the car nation ;-)

so there are wildly growing landraces outdoor but you guys prefer the american hybrids (indoor)?

how is the culture to smoke? alone? with friends? after meal? outside? in public? sative? indiva? bong/joint/eating?

there was also written, that you guys are taking a huge risk : can you name this risk more exactly?

thanls, best regards