What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese favourite strain?

The few times i was there i smoked quite some different strains.
My favorites there were Pot of Gold, super Crystal and JackHerrer.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
highclasscandy said:
Bold Words
...but what do i know... :asskick:

They are bold, and I wish it wasn't true. Unfortunately it's America's fault and also its future as far as I can see. Capitalism hyper speed. Mediocracy is the new god.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Japanfreakier said:
Just about anywhere. I went to a Reggae fest there once and it was literally growing around the outskirts of the fields. The police don't bother cutting it down, but in the fall they stop cars that have plates from different parts of the countries and check their trunks. Some people make a shit load of money by hunting for them like truffles and selling them in the cities.
Smart thing to do would be to make bubble hash in the jungle, like bubbleman did in jamaica. That way you can compress your hash bricks and conceal it in your nissan silvia with twin trubo, vq35 engine swap with nitrous and hit the free way doing 180 mph...

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I think my father is some rare European Japanese, he has no eye for quality and is fixated on brands when he shops... he has those huge coke bottle thick black plastic glasses too lol.

Wamen was defiantly joking, don't get all offended unless your sure you understand exactly what someone is saying.. Lots of hurt feelings come from silly misunderstandings.

I've always wanted to visit japan, but I see a lot of scorn over pot in what I see from Japanese culture, almost like theres no distinction between weed and heroin.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Something funny, you ever notice that there are a lot of people in Japan obsessed with America and a lot of people in America obsessed with japan?

ogenko

im going next week with my japanese wife
last time went for a whole summer to tokyo osaka kobe and a few other little places
the only obsession with america i saw was the kids in tokyo into the hip hop crap
other that that most everywhere else i saw japanese people happy being japanese people
the american corporations do try to push there way in there thats for sure
all they see is a big market... the young japanese love to shop!!
thats what i saw anyways

Japanfreakier

Veteran
There is no doubt that they are obsessed with the west. Just look at the record charts and hit movies and you'll see that western "art" outsells here. They also like to use English in their advertising because it is considered cool. That is sometimes a source for some real funny English; you'd think they'd pick up a dictionary before painting a huge billboard?! I think it has to do with being defeated in the war though. Korea seems to think that things from Japan are really cool like Japan thinks things from America are really cool. The sad fact is that Japanese don't consider Japan cool. Toyota only sold about 67% of their yearly sales target for lexus here in Japan (about a month's worth of lexus sales in the states) because Japanese are obsessed with Benz, even though they are a piece of crap.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
you can keep your fake seeds in italy please. people take big risk to grow here.

Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 is one of the best strains I've smoked in amsterdam, so you don't even know what you are talking about.

Don't insult the japanese. they are good people, they are very picky about brands because they like quality.

people like you, that want to sell fake seeds are bad for the scene, especially in japan, a lot people put out immitations, since they seem to sell so good.

so please keep the fake seeds at home and don't encourage such a silly business.

I was kindding LMAO

by the way - smoking some weed in ADAM, where the same strain can be called with 15 diff. names around different shops, has nothing to do with growing the seeds.
Go figure

I'm sorry, but I just noticed this and it made me laugh my ass off. Japanese don't give a shit about quality and wouldn't know it if it bite them on their ass. The reason the buy "Brands" is because they are most programmed consumers on the planet. A few years back there was a big problem with well off girls selling their bodies for a few hundred bucks so they could buy "brand" bags like Gucci and Prada. We're talking 15~17 year olds.

Mercedes is crap!?!?!?!?The japanese DONT KNOW QUALITY!?!?!?!

All i can do is sit here :laughing: at your ass!!! HAHAHAHAHA

There is no doubt that they are obsessed with the west. Just look at the record charts and hit movies and you'll see that western "art" outsells here. They also like to use English in their advertising because it is considered cool. That is sometimes a source for some real funny English; you'd think they'd pick up a dictionary before painting a huge billboard?! I think it has to do with being defeated in the war though. Korea seems to think that things from Japan are really cool like Japan thinks things from America are really cool. The sad fact is that Japanese don't consider Japan cool. Toyota only sold about 67% of their yearly sales target for lexus here in Japan (about a month's worth of lexus sales in the states) because Japanese are obsessed with Benz, even though they are a piece of crap.

"That is sometimes a source for some real funny English; you'd think they'd pick up a dictionary before painting a huge billboard?!"

Grow up bro, stop insulting them in there own threads..

sznake

jarhead
Of course they pick up dictionaries!!..

Think about it.. If you were to translate something into Japanese would a dictionary make things crystal-clear to you? All the language subtleties and everything..? Especially since Japanese and English are such "similar" languages...

In fact, Japanese and English are not only different languages but completely different systems of thought. The logic of word sequences is completely different. It is a little bit beyond a matter of picking up a dictionary..

But I agree with you on the fact that "westernized" Japanese youth are shallow when it comes to the whole "coolness" and fashion thing... Why don't they promote some authentic Japanese fashion?

I think there could be some really nice fashion concepts derived from traditional Japanese attire, especially if it were made of hemp!

But of course, it's the American culture that's cool.. the American movies, American music, American fashion.. even here, in Eastern Europe kids are skateboarding on the streets wearing all the token American skateboarding brands, listening to American punk-rock and so forth... I couldn't believe when I heard that kids in Bucharest are listening to Rancid.... geeeeez, wtf..

Frikkin globalization eating up the whole f*kin world!

VanVulpen

Veteran
I had the chance to meet some really cool people from Japan while working in a hostel in the Netherlands. One girl she was particulary lovely and she even came with me to Romania :D... I will never judge people depending on their nationality, colour or the culture they are coming from.. it is simply not a matter of choice and we are all individuals of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqq3e03EBQ....
What is the japanese favourite strain anyway? Judging from Saibai's grows i would say they are only looking for the best.... the Benz of the MJ world, or is it the BMW?:laughing:

Xtrail

where is the problem with globalization??you can talk about illuminatis,masons and any other conspiracies,so what...chill
World is funny place,enjoy it

Sundance

"That is sometimes a source for some real funny English; you'd think they'd pick up a dictionary before painting a huge billboard?!"

Grow up bro, stop insulting them in there own threads..

That is an accurate statement about Japan .. coming from someone who clearly knows which way is up in Japan - more than you

It is funny that the Japanese use " bad " English for things like t-shirts, billboards and in advertising - They have been doing this for many, many years - I dont understand why

I also agree - Mercedes is crap .. Japanese love America .. Gucci, Prada, LV

Personally - I like some of what Yoji Yamamoto does

I love Japan

Gonna sit in the Onsen and eat my way thru Tokyo !