What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LIGHT MOVERS (Commercial multi-lamp)

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
From Gualala Robotics, the manufacturers of the well made "Light Rail 3" comes the:

Light Rail 5 Commercial Light Mover
Designed with the commercial grower and serious home hobbyist in mind, the all new Gualala Robotics Light Rail 5 is clearly ready for work.

From the all new "triple duty" extruded aluminum track, super "wide-n-stable" carriage with steel on steel carrier bearings, to the high torque instrument grade drive motor with ball bearing output shaft and "sure grip" dual drive design.
The new Light Rail 5 is more than capable of moving 2 or 3 lamps, side by side or fore and aft.

* "Triple Duty" Extruded Aluminum Track

* "Wide-n-Stable" Super Carriage

* "Steel on Steel" carrier bearings

* "Adjustable Cross Bar" for multiple lights

* "Sure Grip" Dual Drive Design

* "Solid State Advanced Controls" fully integrated PCB circuitry with 0-60 second adjustable time delay.

* "High Torque" instrument grade drive motor with "Ball Bearing" output shaft

* Limited "LIFETIME WARRANTY"

http://www.lightrail3.com/lightrail.php

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran

Sun Twist light rotators conserve electricity by utilizing light more efficiently.
They allow for extremely close lamp to plant tolerances, superior light distribution and increased light angles.

The Sun Twist 180° moves up to 5 lamps and is super easy to install without cutting wires.
Available in 2 or 4 arm models.
One lamp hangs in the center.

The Sun Twist 359° blends the light from Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium bulbs to deliver the full spectrum of lights that plants need to thrive.
Plus it's easy to install without cutting wires.
Also available in 2 or 4 arm models.

Last edited:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran

The Sun Circle comes in two models with either 2- or 3-light configurations, 16 RPH, and will cover and area of up to 30 sq. feet.
The Sun Circle motor has sealed contacts which permits continuous and uninterrupted 360 degree movement, on heavy duty bearings and clutch.

"The Mercedes of light movers is a patented, state-of-the-art light rotator that sets the industry standard for horticultural lighting efficiency."

Last edited:

samba

Sorry for asking, but are light rails really any good? How do they affect your yield?
Lets say you have 3 lights on a rail compared to 6 lights with out, what kind of difference could you be expecting with yield?
Sorry for hijacking a bit...

One light on a rail increased my yields by around 6-8 ounces. And I don't want anyone chiming in saying that maybe it's because of strian, dialing in a grow and so and so forth. My grows were pretty dialed in at the time, but the plants on the end suffered no matter how many times I moved them. I then bought a rail and they flat out rock!
You can get the light a hell of a lot closer as well due to the fact that the light is not stationary.

samba

greenisgold said:
One light on a rail increased my yields by around 6-8 ounces. And I don't want anyone chiming in saying that maybe it's because of strian, dialing in a grow and so and so forth. My grows were pretty dialed in at the time, but the plants on the end suffered no matter how many times I moved them. I then bought a rail and they flat out rock!
You can get the light a hell of a lot closer as well due to the fact that the light is not stationary.
You got a 6-8 ounce increase, what was you crop before that? I'm wondering how much % increase you got...

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I made a standard lightrail hold 3 lights just like this. 1.2M of Ali box section tube bolted on the bottom where the light normally goes, 3 lights [remote ballasts] bolted through it, easy. Some shower loops and washing line made guides for the power leads, never let me down.

samba said:
You got a 6-8 ounce increase, what was you crop before that? I'm wondering how much % increase you got...
Before around a lb and a half. After 2 lbs give or take an ounce.
Check my gallery and you will see the light on the mover. No way I was getting uniformity like that with a stationary light.
Peace

plumpm0nkey

i have a rectangle room and need my light to cover the plants properly . the reason i want a light rail is to save on electric bill. and not buy another light. Does anyone have pictures of their setup? or even better of a light rail 5? (Dual) OR does anyone wana sell their equipment? just slap it on ebay as a private sale so everything is legit :)

im located in central cali

plumpm0nkey said:
i have a rectangle room and need my light to cover the plants properly . the reason i want a light rail is to save on electric bill. and not buy another light. Does anyone have pictures of their setup? or even better of a light rail 5? (Dual) OR does anyone wana sell their equipment? just slap it on ebay as a private sale so everything is legit :)

im located in central cali
Check my gallery, it's a 7x4 room with one mover and a 1000 watt light. So if yours is bigger then go from there.

BowlPacks

Some say you can double your area with the linear movers but I havent had that experience. I have a few movers gathering dust. Im not saying that they are ineffective, they just have to implemented correctly. Good luck...

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
BowlPacks said:
Some say you can double your area with the linear movers but I havent had that experience. I have a few movers gathering dust. Im not saying that they are ineffective, they just have to implemented correctly. Good luck...

For me it is not about doubling your grow space, it is about being able to keep your lights nearer the plants safely - no hotspots and more intense light - and achieving more even coverage with the light you have.

What I do not like is the "Starship Enterprise" look ... if you get caught, LEO's just love scaring Judges and Juries with photos and evidence of mindboggling megabucks high tech setups and the usual "Gilding the Lilly" crap about "The most potent Cannabis plants we ever confiscated" and that old favourite.... "The most sophisticated setup ever seen in XYZ".

samba

Would this work?

Would this work?

Looking from above
Red line is the light rail (3m/10 feet)
Yellow boxes are cooltubes with 600W
Green is the plants
So,is this a good idea?
It would be a lot of area to cover (2*3=6m2/64.6 square feet)

Latest posts

Latest posts