What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA - 2017 4/20 SALE!

URSA LED

Vendor
URSA - designed and built in the USA

**UPDATE 05/01/2017**

Thank you everyone for the tremendous response to our 4/20 sale! We just found out that our sales@ursaled.com account was having some troubles so if you sent an inquiry to that email, please resend the inquiry and someone will get back to you ASAP! We will be honoring the sale pricing for all people who have sent a request to sales@ursaled.com! Apologies for the confusion and delay in response!

**UPDATE 04/18/2017**
Hey there ICMag!

As 4/20 approaches, we want to thank everyone here for your support of our new URSA Optilux launch! We have gotten amazing feedback and a positive reception from all you guys here on the forums. We’d like to extend a special thanks to those of you who have ventured out to our Fremont office and toured our facility. Always happy to meet you guys face-to-face and talk grow!

Since the launch, we’ve gotten so many requests to bring back our pre-sale pricing, so we’re excited to announce today…

URSA LED’s 4/20 SALE!!

For the next week following 4/20 we will be bringing back our pre-sale pricing of $1,200 for our Optilux fixture as a thank you to everyone who supported us, and for all those who have been waiting to try out the Optilux but could not fit it into their budget!

ADDITIONALLY! We will be selling our Helios 185W and Helios 320W fixtures in our DUET spectrum for only $215 and $370 respectively.

At URSA, we like to keep it simple. Just mention ICMAG in your inquiry and we’ll automatically include the promotional pricing. Please direct any inquiries to sales@ursaled.com or PM us!

The next stage of LED lighting. Designed and built in the USA.
We've taken our experience and lessons learnt and took every flaw in the LED industry, and we've created something special. Introducing, the world's most efficient grow light, the Optilux16.

The Optilux16 is a 640 actual wattage draw fixture - that produces a stunning 3.5+ PPF/W (pending lab report). It's incredibly under driven to the point that it's almost reaching the absolute curve. URSA's team contains 4 PHD engineers that specialize in horticulture spectrum control. Our full spectrum is different, because we build our own chips. URSA only uses BLUE LED chips, and converts the blue light via a layer of in-house phosphor, specially formulated to provide CANNABIS its 8-10 photosynthetic peaks that it needs. Additionally, our spectrum contains a small percentage of UV down to 350nm, and far red up to 780nm. It is great for vegging, and flowering.

@KRUNCHBUBBLE has noticed the following while under URSA Spectrum;

1. Reduced Vertical Node Stretching
What this means, is your nodes stack a lot more, which means your production, yield is increased while maintaining the same vertical grow space.
2. Increased Node Strength
3. Increased Leaf-to-Stem Strength (tensile)
4. Increased Vegetation Speed
5. Increased Canopy Penetration (advantage of COB LED)
6. Significantly Increased Sugar Content Production.
7. 1400 BTU Per Fixture
8. 30% ADDITIONAL LIGHT THAN THE 1000W HPS Fixture using only 640 WATTS. (feel free to come down to our office and measure the PPF efficiency yourself).

*edit 12/24: Yes, the bracket can be removed if you use the wires on the sides. And yes, the wires can be removed, so you can use either or, or both.

Optilux-16_20161222_03.jpg

Optilux-16_20161222_07.jpg

Optilux-16_20161222_05.jpg

Optilux-16_20161222_02.jpg

Last edited:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The last time I commented on what I thought was a misleading and overly commercial post it turned out the OP had paid money and was a sponsor now.

I will stay out of this for the most part, assuming some of those familiar with the COB lights already available will do some direct comparisons. Amare comes to mind.

I do have to comment that 450 nm is nowhere near UV, nor do phosphors convert to higher frequency, only lower.
A pet peeve of mine is salesmen paraphrasing science, the rephrased facts are invariably inaccurate due to their lack of being understood.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
450 nm is near UV, lol.

Referring to Stokes shift, which describes the change of
wavelength of light from shorter to longer wavelengths.

Additional heat being the result.

I don't have a horse in this race, and my talents and expertise
do not include phosphor-based LED technology.

Hopefully this thread will get some direct feedback from krunchbubble
experience with these lamps.

I do have to comment that 450 nm is nowhere near UV, the rephrased facts are invariably inaccurate due to their lack of being understood.

I'm thinking he meant to say 350nm, but i agree that it does sound highly paraphrased and not that great convincing to have me wanting to try this product out. I will wait till other people get their hands on this product and see how it performs for them.

URSA LED

Vendor
The last time I commented on what I thought was a misleading and overly commercial post it turned out the OP had paid money and was a sponsor now.

I will stay out of this for the most part, assuming some of those familiar with the COB lights already available will do some direct comparisons. Amare comes to mind.

I do have to comment that 450 nm is nowhere near UV, nor do phosphors convert to higher frequency, only lower.
A pet peeve of mine is salesmen paraphrasing science, the rephrased facts are invariably inaccurate due to their lack of being understood.

I'm sorry guys... I meant to say 350nm

spectrumursa-full.png

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Last edited:

URSA LED

Vendor

The thing about Amare is... and pretty much all other LED companies out there... is that they use the same chip makers... CREE.... PHILIPS... SAMSUNG... OSRAM... etc... and they are made for general lighting. The phosphor conversion or RGB chip they use, was meant for general lighting. So now, you have all these LED companies trying to mix different chips together to create a blend of "Spectrums" they think works... but in fact... those chips were not meant for plant grow.. but yeah.. they "work".

Look at our spectrum that shoots into deep red, and also check out our R9 ratings for our phosphor in our high CRI series. Our materials science division in phosphor and bonding processes are #1 in the world. I wish I could tell you more about our OEM customers...

Flip Chip Opto Announces 2400 WATT Broadcasting LED COB 96+ CRI

starke

What will the coverage area be. Was about to push the button on 4 of your 320s for a 5x5 tent. Now another choice to make.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we use '4' 1000watters... so if I 'presume' I need the same '4' fixtures over the same area, I'm paying 4800bucks, against say 1000bucks for '4' hps's... 3800bucks pays for a lot of con ed...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Do you have any information about the size of the unit? Do you have any light measurement readings for a 4x4 or 5x5 area? That spectrum does look very nice as well as the 5 year warranty.

-Funk

URSA LED

Vendor
we use '4' 1000watters... so if I 'presume' I need the same '4' fixtures over the same area, I'm paying 4800bucks, against say 1000bucks for '4' hps's... 3800bucks pays for a lot of con ed...

Hi Zach,

Let's play some math :)
Let's do a cost to run diagram-

1000W HPS:
1. BULB COST (CHANGE EVERY 6 MONTHS): $80
2. FIXTURE COST: $400
3. POWER COST 18 HOURS (~15c/kwh) PER DAY: $2.7USD
4. BTU HEAT GENERATION: ~3400BTU
5. LABOR/MAINTENANCE COST - you won't feel it if you run a 4 lighter, but when you are running a 400 lighter, this adds up. time = money

TOTAL COST AFTER 2 YEARS: $2691
HIGHER AC NEEDED TO COOL LIGHTS <-- NOT CALCULATED INTO COST
3 YEAR FIXTURE WARRANTY

640W URSA OPTILUX:
1. BULB COST (NONE): $0
2. FIXTURE COST: $1200
3. POWER COST 18 HOURS (~15c/kwh) PER DAY: $1.7USD
4. BTU HEAT GENERATION ~1400BTU

TOTAL COST AFTER 2 YEARS: $2441
LOWER AC NEEDED <-- SAVINGS NOT CALCULATED
5 YEAR FIXTURE WARRANTY

Also, you get about 20% MORE PPFD/LIGHT OUTPUT on the Optilux using less POWER than the HPS.
Please see heatmap/chart on the pre-order form.

:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

starke

Color me a Dumb Ass

Color me a Dumb Ass

I'm 60 and in my life thus far have pissed away untold money on stupid stuff. However after reading and reading...and reading, I have decided to push the button on two of these in full spectrum. Was about to order four of the Helios 320's based on Krunch's review in his 5x5. After exchanging emails with Alex I have decided to go with the Optilux. According to Alex they should ship prior to the 27th. Won't be able to document a grow with them until probably March as I just bought my first real seeds and have popped them to make some mothers. First grow with these lights will hopefully be three Super Lemon Haze, three Skywalker Kush and three Hawaiian Snow in a 5x5. Seeds just popped and are in my CFL stealth box. (Thanks BlueAdept)

If I don't like the Optilux, maybe I'll send them to Dion. But he'll have to promise to post a video here of himself destroying them with a sledgehammer since he doesn't want them even if they are free. :laughing:

URSA LED

Vendor
There was an independent grower that took brand leader LED lights in the industry and did a side by side comparison. STARLITE LED / URSA OPTILUX outperformed EVERY LIGHT with a consumption of 640 watts.

They are releasing the case study very shortly. Our Optilux measures 1500-1600 PPFD in dead center of light, and 400-500 PPFD on outer edges of your 4 ft tray @ 12-18 inches from canopy. No light burn due to low heat 1400 BTUs spread across entire panel, whereas your HPS/DE has 3400 BTUs coming straight form the bulb.

Also, I can gladly and gaurentee it will outperform whatever you are using right now.
Our tests have concluded 2LB per light MINIMUM (640 watts per light, considering you are already getting 2LB per light), QUALITY BUD (hempcon winner - Purple Frost can provide a testimonial about quality of our light spectrum).

Our growers (@krunchbubble, Purple Frost) and independent testers (Agromechanix), has all concluded the new OPTILUX is outperforming their 1000HPS/DE under same conditions. Outperforming in both yield and quality.

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Muleskinner

Veteran
If you want to promote the efficiency of your fixture why don't you publish PAR (μmol/m2.s) and efficiency (μmol/J) values? My 600w HPS does 1.85 μmol/J for 1190 μmol/m2.s....it's just hyperbole without the benchmarks. Also how much does it weigh? The price doesn't look too bad.

I like the looks of the Duet spectrum for flowering - it looks like you're doing a test grow of one of Duet and one Full Spectrum - which one is the better flowering light?

URSA LED

Vendor
If you want to promote the efficiency of your fixture why don't you publish PAR (μmol/m2.s) and efficiency (μmol/J) values? My 600w HPS does 1.85 μmol/J for 1190 μmol/m2.s....it's just hyperbole without the benchmarks. Also how much does it weigh? The price doesn't look too bad.

I like the looks of the Duet spectrum for flowering - it looks like you're doing a test grow of one of Duet and one Full Spectrum - which one is the better flowering light?

We've submitted the optilux to a couple indepedent labs for testing, however they have all told us that the fixture size is too large for their integrated sphere. The ones that have fit, have told us the fixture is too powerful for their instruments. We currently have a lab that's able to test this, and we are waiting for the results to come in. But based off of chip calculations, there are 16 X Luna 100s on the fixture. It's rated for 1600 watts but is running at 640 watts. COB penetration tech under powered to the absolute curve of the COB = maximum efficiency.

URSA LED

Vendor

I can tell you that both lights are performing equally well and lab results show the differences in quality are minimal of each other, 1%. Bud density, yield, and plant matter are doing equally well with the exception of stacking. Looks like the FS stacks just a bit more.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I can tell you that both lights are performing equally well and lab results show the differences in quality are minimal of each other, 1%. Bud density, yield, and plant matter are doing equally well with the exception of stacking. Looks like the FS stacks just a bit more.

interesting - the plants look similar under both. So the total PAR or PPF number is probably the key to yield and quality, I'm still waiting for an academic study that directly compares an R/B type light vs. full spectrum of the same PPF.

For hobbyists the ability to see the plants growing in natural light is huge, it's half the fun. But if I thought the R/B spectrum was 10% better I would use it. A lot of it depends on stretching the capacity of the light to the max also. If the blurple is 10% better you wouldn't notice until both lamps were being pushed to the maximum possible coverage area.