What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light for 3x3 Tent- Reducing Heat

bogartty

Hi,
I have a pair of 3x3x6 tents that have never been used much because of heat issues, even with ac running all the time. I live in a warm climate.

Old setup was a 400w hps and 240cfm whisperline fan on each tent for flowering. Worked ok in past in a cooler location. Way to hot in new smaller spot.

Ive been out of it for a couple of years and I dont know what is currently the best choice in a situation like this.

Id like to somehow reduce the temps as much as possible, but still get consistent results. Id really like to be able to use both tents.

Any thoughts? 315 Cdm? Led? Keep the hps and upgrade fans? Something else Ive never heard of? :)

Id really appreciate any help. If making a change in lights would reduce my temps, Id gladly make the jump. Just dont know if that is realistic.

Thanks!

bogartty

Sorry dont know how to edit a post..

Forgot to mention the two 400w hps I have now are each air cooled.

Based on what Im reading a 315w CDM would reduce heat and energy costs, but hopefully give better results than my current 400w hps, maybe equivalent to 450-500w?

Mostly interested in heat reduction. I just have a hard time telling if I would see a major difference or not.

Really appreciate any help, thanks!

Sorry dont know how to edit a post..

Really appreciate any help, thanks!

No worries, need 50 posts before you can edit, change avatar and send PM's etc. This is actually my 50th post lol.

As for types other types of light than LED.. I'm not very well versed in how they work. Only have general knowledge. But I'm sure some guru will chip in with their expertise in a not too distant future.

Enjoy the video!

Sincerely,
GE :tiphat:

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
And? ;)

Read up on CMH (ceramic metal halide) very nice for veg (only in my opine) and may only need a bulb to run off your currant 400's

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tried to PM you but it's not active

I have a Amare SE 220 ($695) for sale at a great price

I have used it successfully in the same size tent

Limited use, excellent shape full warranty

PM me if interested