What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
So those LED's you built and posted pictures of, was that a custom on-the-fly job by yourself or did you have some instructions? I'd love to have something similar to that but I'm not sure I trust myself to wire that much stuff without electrocuting myself.

um it was inspired by a couple of well written articles here
http://ledbuilder.org/plans/veg-light-for-low-profile-2x4-tent/
and here
http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

as well as a few threads on trollitup - i hate that place' , peeps would rather win an argument than help someone out

DiverDave

um it was inspired by a couple of well written articles here
https://ledbuilder.org/plans/veg-light-for-low-profile-2x4-tent/
and here
https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

as well as a few threads on trollitup - i hate that place' , peeps would rather win an argument than help someone out

Your second link did not work , but I continued a little work and got a link for others to read more on the subject.

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

Hope this helps .. I too whill look into this and COBs in the future.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thanks bro - i always felt cobs were too much money and too strong for my uses - i needed to be closer and less concentrated , to my budsites

starke

Can't believe I did not find this thread until today. Diggin' the vert and the organics. Think I'll tag along.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hey starke - yeah man i do teh leds ,ermmm did the leds this round
im tearing down everything today - i gotta shut down here for the time being
will be lookng for a new spot sometime in the near future

nickman

Veteran
hey starke - yeah man i do teh leds ,ermmm did the leds this round
im tearing down everything today - i gotta shut down here for the time being
will be lookng for a new spot sometime in the near future

That blows that you gotta tear down... that room was looking really green... did u hit your goal of 6#.?.

I really need to do some changes to my room as well... it just gets too hot during the summertime in here... I’d really like it if my temps would stay below 80... I can achieve that during the winter but summertime it stays around 85 usually... shit, sometimes it hits 88 and I don’t like that at all... I need an AC . I had one but it just wasn’t working the way I needed it to... I need to just cut a square hole in the wall and stick the AC window unit in there like a window... the way I had it set up before was pretty complicated...

If I knew the things I know now back when I built my room - it coulda been so much better... sorry, I’m just rambling on here. Hope everything works out for you with finding a new spot ... :tiphat:.

Rodehazrd

That blows that you gotta tear down... that room was looking really green... did u hit your goal of 6#.?.

I really need to do some changes to my room as well... it just gets too hot during the summertime in here... I’d really like it if my temps would stay below 80... I can achieve that during the winter but summertime it stays around 85 usually... shit, sometimes it hits 88 and I don’t like that at all... I need an AC . I had one but it just wasn’t working the way I needed it to... I need to just cut a square hole in the wall and stick the AC window unit in there like a window... the way I had it set up before was pretty complicated...

If I knew the things I know now back when I built my room - it coulda been so much better... sorry, I’m just rambling on here. Hope everything works out for you with finding a new spot ... :tiphat:.
hey Nickman
Nice thread you got here. I run 90 degrees with no issues have hit 99 before and still no stress I could see. I do use a bit of silica to improve the heat resistance and two fans one vent one to stir it up. I too like to keep it around 80 but I can only get to 10 degrees above outside temps at best with the light on.
RH

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yeah, no - i maybe hit 2# i didint even do a total weighin - i had a late borg outbreak, and i didnt have enough light to create any serious weight or tightwer buds

over all i got a good 6mo-yr supply of great personal stash tho

the way things are going in america, the west coast is supplying the entire country , and #s of dank oregon outdoor have been scored for as little as $50 as far away as michigan bro
definitely wont be growing for anyone but meself if i do get back up on the wagon

i shut shit down, sealed up the holes and returned to a normal non outlaw life and dont see a return in my future - unless we elect a left wing governor that is. if we pull that off , then yeah i could see a legal state coming here within a couple years

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
picked up some new cuts from bugman yesterday

he gave me some glue
a twitter glue (vaguley remember this being a hot cut in the mid teens)
a cpl cbd strains and
some pineapple something hes crossed

rooted save the pineapple stuff

theyre all mildy infested with what looks like broad mites
tough tough lil bastards to fully eradicate in the georgia woods
ive had em ruin a cpl flower runs and they just are bad news all around

good news is afetr some dunking in floramite (dont hate , im at least 5 months to flower)
some pressure washing with water and a complete going over , leaf by leaf with an old toothbrush,
ive knocked 99% of the shits off the rooted cuts and 90% off the unrooted clones (they did not get the brush)

i can still see a few eggs in a few spots , so i will pull out another major bad pesticide like forbid or avid and hit them with that next , followed by a power wash again ill treat these for maybe 4-5 times while i get things sorted for growing personally again
idk if i will maintain this old thread , but i will prolly start a home thread for most anything elase.
i might stay vertical i might not
i haevent made up my mind if im going to stay with the coco as it needs automation for my lifestyle

but anyways , im back to growing dope again
looking forward to catching up wit some of you, reminiscing of those whove gone away,
and generally sucking up the knowledge

gypsy
preciate the cool spot you built