What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Swazi in Thailand - first grow

D

daylighting

Solid looking bud (for a pure sativa)! Congratulations! Are you going to trim off anymore leaf? Most here like to trim them real close since leaf isn't as much fun to smoke (most of the time)!

Great kittens too. Why call a black kitten Al'bino?

S

shokdee

Solid looking bud (for a pure sativa)! Congratulations!
Thanks a stack buddy, but what do you mean by "pure" sativa? Swazi genetics is a mishmash of influences, my fat and hairy lady #2 looks indica.

Great kittens too. Why call a black kitten Al'bino?
The one kitty is named after the crinkle mutation found in the tail of Thai cats. As for her sister lil' Al, what do you suggest I call her?

D

daylighting

Ah ok, I thought it was a pure-breeding sativa. What have you been using as far as fertilizer?

NM, all of that info is on page one. Silly me! I still need to watch that Strainhunters vid, although I'm not a Greenhouse fan for a number of reasons. It all started when I visited one of their coffeeshops in Amsterdam...I'll PM you about it some time.

Didn't know Thai cats had crinkly tails...as for the little one, how about Crinkle?

S

shokdee

Are you going to trim off anymore leaf? Most here like to trim them real close ...
No I didn't, but thanks for asking, I was wondering about that!

Trim her real close next time you say, give the Swazi lady a Brazilian :biggrin:

I've also had some feedback about what I should grow next, Donald Duck has suggested a haze, like Neville's haze or Mango haze, just for the experience. What do you think...?

Last edited:
S

shokdee

Didn't know Thai cats had crinkly tails...as for the little one, how about Crinkle?

Crinkle and Al'Beeno, shall be their names.

Many Siamese cats from Thailand had a kink in their tails but over the years, this trait has been considered a flaw and breeders have largely eradicated it, although it persists among street cats in Thailand. (Siamese cats, wikipedia)

Edit - You can read about the krinkle & al'bino mutations of the pure rain in Purple Clouds' thread. I've also found an old thread by DJ Short, Regarding the ‘Uniqueness & Originality’ of My Work, which goes into more detail.

Last edited:
D

daylighting

Shave those Swazi and Thai kitties. :D

I don't know if you can get beans into TH via the mail, but try Seedsman's Haze. It's a pure sativa and apparently is the closest you can get to Sam the Skunkman's Haze.

S

shokdee

Looking in my fridge I see Jack Daniel's Southern Comfort, and Johnny Walker's Double Black.

Looking in daylighting's fridge we see:
daylighting said:
Flash Seeds Jet-47, Homegrown Fantaseeds Afghani x Sensi Jamaican Pearl, Mandala Safari Mix, Nirvana New York Power Diesel, Nirvana Raspberry Cough, Paradise Ice Cream, Reservoir Sour Mist, Sagarmatha Gardener's Choice, Sensi Jamaican Pearl, White Label Bubblegum.

Going in the fridge:
Andhra Pradesh Pure Sativa, Bohol (Philippines) Pure Sativa, Celestial Temple Sativa, Excellent indoor bagseed, Federation Hawaiian Sativa, Hawaiian Skunk, Jamaican Sativa (possibly lambsbread given the source), Mexican Sativa (Gypsy Nirvana),
NYC Haze, Oaxacan Sativa (Gypsy Nirvana), Paradise Durga Mata, Seedsman Haze.

\/\/ :woohoo: \/\/

Nice collection of beans bro! Do you add grains of rice to act as a desiccant? Here's DJ Short germination technique: Seed Sprouting Issues

Last edited:
D

daylighting

Thanks, I learned a good bit about sprouting before I popped these Jet-47s. I spent a few weeks trying to get old seeds to pop and I tried everything aside from H2O2. Cotton wool is also what we used in high school bio, so I'd like to give it a try. For now I'm sticking to the Jet-47 and Ice Cream.

S

shokdee

SAFETY WARNING - SEEDS

SAFETY WARNING - SEEDS

I don't know if you can get beans into TH via the mail ...

It is ILLEGAL to posses cannabis seeds in Thailand.
------------------------------------------------------- - - - - - - - - - - -

Sad but true. The local government has been clamping down recently and the situation is very serious, and worrying. Meanwhile, back in the real whirled, hemp can save the planet.

Last edited:
D

daylighting

I figured they were illegal in TH, but I was wondering if they'd stilll get through? Sounds like you have a nice stash of African and Thai genetics to work with, plus your mate has some exciting strains too. :)

I know I have some desirable strains in the stash, but they will need lab-like conditions to even attempt to germinate due to storage in tropical conditions at room temp (and humidity). If I get 1/20 to sprout, I'll be happy. I'll try H2O2 and cotton wool pads that I change out every few days.

S

shokdee

daylighting said:
I know I have some desirable strains in the stash, but they will need lab-like conditions to even attempt to germinate due to storage in tropical conditions at room temp (and humidity).
Hard at work on the lab, give me some time please! At the moment the plan is: a small fridge for seeds, a big fridge for slabs of beer? How does that sound, cracking?

:shooty:

S

shokdee

I figured they were illegal in TH, but I was wondering if they'd stilll get through?
Do you mean will they get through your digestive system!?

That method of smuggling works for hashish and condom-covered coke, but not sure if anyone has tried it on seeds yet! Good luck.

Last edited:
D

daylighting

It should work just fine for seeds too, if you're willing to go that route. ;) You'd probably be better wrapping them in something (saran?) so they don't start germinating on their way through your gut! Might be a new germination technique for difficult seeds there!

That is real deal coco hair...I thought you were referring to horticultural grade coir that way, but no, that is very much hair! Crinkle is lovely. I had a black cat stare right at me on my way home last night and I thought of your two.

S

shokdee

daylighting said:
It should work just fine for seeds too, if you're willing to go that route.
I was thinking of just stuffing them in a sock, but your way sounds good too.

Last edited:
D

daylighting

You edited on me!

A big fridge for slabs sounds like a plan, although the way you smoke, you might as well stick to glass jars since it won't be around long. :D

A sock works, especially a stinky one in a bag full of underwear that smells like pee and has skidmarks like an F1 track!

D

daylighting

True, if I were you I'd wear Mao / Thai fishermen's trousers all day too. :)

S

shokdee

Great news from Purple Clouds! My next grow will be Angola Red seeds x SMH clones. Forge a Red Metal Haze, I love it already. And the Bob Marley Project too, wheee.

I'll get the long tail primed.

- - - - - - - O - - - - - - -

Folks, if you have experience with transporting clones and fresh cuttings transnationally, please PM me, thanks in advance.

Who loves smoking Heavy Metal?

:headbange:headbange:headbange

BOMBERCLAD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts