What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light meters--what rating do I need

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi there...just a quick Q about light meters.

I've been looking, and they come in differing ranges of how much light they measure to. 20 000 Lux, 50 000 Lux and then 200 000 Lux 400 000 Lux and 600 000 Lux.
The highest lux I measured outdoors was in full sun around June, was 130,000 lux. So I would go for the 200k model.

stoned78

Got one of these a while back....not saying it is measures precise but as indicator its okay...
insane to see that outside in full sunlight when you go to the shade ....lightlevel is lower than a 20w t8 tube at seedling distance..and so on. very good to compare different lightsources.
as okay as I would recommend it.

it's 10$ and for me it was worth every penny.
200000 lux.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...32604640588.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.6.R40Sdj