What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Final Flush !!!

GotChaman

Is it better to use RO water for the final flush or just regular de-chlorinated water? .... or just straight tap?

How do you guys flush? For how many days?
Do you use Clearex the first few days and then water?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Chaman

dan_1

I've tried r.o water. Chlorine free tap and just regular non ph adjusted water all of the above with or without a clearing solution and found little to no difference. Always flushed for a week ish. And only had bad burning product when too much "heavyweight"(molasses based booster) was used.

GotChaman

Thanks for your input... what about the lights?
I have an adjustable watt ballast... If I could go less wattage, should I during final flush?
Or keep it as is?

LikemindS

I use pure RO with 1tablespoon Raw Turbinado Sugar per 10 gal.
Flush for 7-10 days, changed the res 4 times as gunk flushes out and ppms go up.
Turns out Tasty and Smooth.
Keep ur lights on...

F_T_P!

Thanks for your input... what about the lights?
I have an adjustable watt ballast... If I could go less wattage, should I during final flush?
Or keep it as is?

You can reduce your wattage, cut the light period shorter by an hour or raise your lights. Doing one or more of these will help harden off your flowers during flush.

I do a 10-14 day flush. I top feed with molasses (1Tbls./gal.) in tap water for the first 4 days, then straight un-pH'd tap water to finish them off.

HobbyGrower

I use a flushing agent because starving the plant for two weeks doesn't make sense to me. But using an agent along with r.o. water during the last week just for flushing, makes way more sense. This way, I control exactly when I want the growing process to stop giving me control over the finished product.

I'll observe the plant during flush to determine how long. The flush is noticed first from the bottom of the plant. The lower fan leaves will begin to yellow. You're looking for a nice, pale, uniform yellowing; not brown, crispy, or curling. Leaves near the middle will turn also, but slower. The flush will usually go 3-6 days depending on the plant size, medium, alignment of the moon; all sorts of factors. I've also tried a couple of days at the end with just r.o. water to help flush the flushing agent. very little difference.

imo, the flush shouldn't be part of the grow cycle but added to the end, when you're happy with what you see.

I always like to see how others do it to see if I can get any new ideas.

happy growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts