What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Look at my first set up and tell me what I am doing wrong!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Headline should read "Another noob move by Douche`"

Don't have to worry about Ph if no nutes in the water.

Isn't always that easy unless you've checked, of course. My tap is ~8, rain depending. Nutes would prolly pull it down to acceptable range but I'd have to add pH down to plain tap in order to get ~5.8.

You can get sulfuric acid from the autoparts store (battery acid) which is cheap pH down.
Amazon sells potassium hydroxide (KOH) flakes for soap making which is pH up.
Or do like Disco says and get the AN stuff. AN's pH down is phosphoric acid and pH up is KOH. I've had my quarts for years and they are still 80% full.

These guys sell GH 3 part CHEAP. Like $8-10/gallon cheap.

Phat or Fresh make some decent cheap filters and CAP and S&P make good cheap inline fans.

I'm all about saving a buck, but odor control is a must, especially with a 6 site setup.

Thank you so much for the info. I can not wait to get this fan done and show it to you. If I can get any extra money I will buy a odor control device, it is not looking good for me on that subject though.

jm420

Veteran
You wont need odor control for a bit .IMO veg isnt bad but flower time can get pretty bad strain dependant of course.I grow 12/16 plants in a scrog in a closet with the door shut I dont have any real odor in veg.if that was my setup I'd be rockin it already Days lost add up Starting now puts you perfect fo a holiday harvest .I dont know what your plans are but Holiday smoke goes quick and the extra$ helps for the dreaded christmas season.
You can get GH ph up/down + drop test kit for about 15$

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
BAttery Acid for PH down...I heard this was NOT a good ideal anyone know better???
Thanks

yeah, battery acid is allowed to contain some small quantities of contaminants, especially metals. someone posted in another thread a table with some maximum percents of each contaminant that is allowed by regulations.

hogs

HMmm So is it ok to use a little of it as long as one mixes it within the water and Not to add water to it, but to add it to the water?

Thanks

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
yes, that's the good way to do it. acid to water and not vice-versa.
but, it would be much more safer to use a product that is intended for fishes/plants/human consumption.

Latest posts

Latest posts