What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUE DREAM .. honest opinions

Endur

Veteran
Whats the real 411 on this strain .. Quality / Taste / Yield .. thanks.

Blueberry X Haze...

Quality...8-9

Taste...9 Blueberry/hazy

Yield...10 It yields above average.

I am running one in a 100 gallon Smart Pot...
We'll see how she turns out.
peace
Endur

E

Eatatjoes

I've got one growing now but I've had a few smoke samples from different growers and I like everything about the herb. It's potent, long lasting and smokes like a dream. I don't know how but I'd like to get that vanilla taste to come out, anybody experienced enough with her to know how to get that?

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
welll theres more than one smoke report on blue dream if you search a bit also GET MO's bud shots almost always got a pretty blue dream somewhere in there.

from my expierence of smokeing many ounces of it is......

SMELL- hazey blueberry smell. it seems slightly more hazey in smell than blueberry. bigger bags can be extemly pungent with out jars or vacuum seal

TASTE - well pretty much the same as the smell a nice hazey blue berry mufffin type of taste. i really enjoyed it in joints and the vap.

APPEAL- very pretty nugs super duper frosty sticky very big nugs that have very sativa dominate look to them. very skinny serated leaves that almost make the plant look full sativa. its got a very nice neon type green/blue color that seems to just pop! def not dark colored in anyway

HiGH - well I felt the high started out with nice sativa head rush with little to no paranoia. heart beat starts to pick up after a few tokes
after i finish a joint i can really feel the high in my head and eyes then after about an 45 mins it evens out leaving you relaxed and feeling good. not saying the head rush wasnt fun:ying:

other than that i guess smoke smoke and you will see whats up or use the search button

adiosssss

fabvariousk

Veteran
If you are not going to finish this strain please do not grow it.
I would suspect it needs a solid ten or eleven weeks in flower.
The three times I have had it it was disappointing and several weeks premature.

I

imnotkrazy

and she is the one that the spider mites seem to like the most in my garden

R3ZNH3AD

Kick ass strain... I'm going to X my Apollo G4 X Bluedream... I will also be crossing Galadriel X Bluedream and GDP Sour Diesel X Bluedream...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
beyond flooded in Cali with it.....

its really nothing special, it yields well though......

find something unique......

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Whats the real 411 on this strain .. Quality / Taste / Yield .. thanks.

I love this Blue Dream and the mix with green crack is very sweet. I had these buds grow on the leaf so yeah that shits is kewl.. peace out headband707:tiphat:All three things listed were great..:dance013:

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
picture.php

My dad has ran her for years and still unlocking potential....

Snow Crash

Veteran
If you have lived or smoked in California in the last 3 years you should be very familiar with the strain. It's okay. There is a ceiling on it similar to GranDaddy Purp. You can only get "so high" on it.

A nice flavor, a good smoke, don't get me wrong... Just not my cup of tea really. I have had it from several bay area dispensaries and other less reputable sources over the years but now I'd never spend more than 200 on an oz of it... $180 is about fair from my perspective given the higher than average harvest $6 per gram pays the bills for the grower. Back east I would definitely assume that it is a different story. I have moved on to, IMHO, bigger and better things.

What the strain needs is some development. A sativa dom lemon skunk influence would go a long way in improving the CBN profile, and the inclusion of something with a good portion of THC-v should help alleviate the problem with the ceiling. It has a lot of potential in breeding projects that I'm surprised I haven't seen.

Given that there is so much "Blue Dream" I think it is odd so few growers had the foresight to spend a few months on a Blue Dream x Sensi Star or a Blue Dream x SFV Kush. Those crosses would surely sell at a higher rate, even for the same potency, just because they aren't the same thing that is flooding the market.

R3ZNH3AD

Hey Snow Crash what you talkin about Willis:) When I decide to release some pics... You'll be going God Dam that's strait FIRE... I will also be taking my Chem Jones Male from H3AD and combining that to BlueDream..... BlueDreamX(ChemDXTrainThaiSD) boyeee..............
I'm working her in many projects....

Peace

REZN

F

FreshGenetics

I believe it all depends...

In Cali BD is a staple. High grade bud but not the best.
It is slightly overrated in that it's readily available alm-
ost everywhere, but if it disappeared people would mis
s it. Outside of Cali it would be considered TOP NOTCH
buddah. It does have a ceiling, the high is very nice, n
I hear it yields incredibly well. It's just played out is all.

There's better bud but not by much.

I passed up on the BD clone.

2 many better strains

Sounds like it just needs to be crossed with a powerhouse like sour diesel or chemdawg to add some raw potency and get rid of that ceiling...

MtnLivin

It's good shit but Cali is just too flooded with it.. I honestly build up a tolerance too quick to it as well..

NewLife215

I love blue dream its still one of my favorite as strains but everyone else is right its all over the place in cali. Also just like with any strain its about the person who grew it. I have had some super fire blue dream and some mid grade blue dream. So when I say its one of my favorites I mean when its grown right flushed to perfection and then cured and dried to perfection not that mid grade blue dream shit that is every where :ying:

NewLife215

You also got to switch up your smoke i dont care what it is if you smoke it all the time you are going to build up a tolerance too it