What's new

major mistake and what to expect

svenghalli

I just found out that I changed timers(stupid mistake)for my flowering room from 12/12 to 24hr a day for the last five days, there 5 weeks into flower. So I decided to turn them to be off for 24 hours of dark and just continue.
What kind of problems should i anticipate? Help...
Thanks

E

edgey

possible hermi's worst case

extended flowering time due to reveg best case

hope that helps :)

edgey

most likely hermies which is good and bad. The bad side is you will have seeded bud the good side is free seeds that are always 100% female but do have the ability to hermie again creating a hermie plant. I had this happen awhile back and really i just ended up benifiting greatly cause every seed after that that the hermie produced turned female automatically and never was there anohter seed so i ended up really gettin a bunch of feminized seeds in a way. Hope this helps

F_T_P!

Like others said, hermies most likely, time to learn how to make hash. lol

Let them go until trichs are 50% amber. :kos:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
ive done it if your plant is not uber sensitive youll be ok.. i got some nanners... if its super sensitive you can get balls... reveg should not be a issue at five days.... sucks happens to the best of us....

R

rick shaw

IMO the first to the second week of flowering is the most critical time as the auxins are chemically coding your plant its time. Your in the fifth week,I'm sure they didn't appreciate the extra stress,but if they are indica or indica dominant I think you'll survive. Post back in a couple weeks with an update.

Don't ask what if questions and deal with it. You can get a lot info that could freak you out about a "hypothetical" because no one knows. Fix your timer, don't love your plants to death by messing with them too much, and carry on.
If something is going to happen, it will...if not it won't.
Why ask for the extra stress?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I had light on 24hrs for 2 days in week 6, and then off for 36 hours in week 8. The plants look amazing and showed almost no signs of stress. But 5 days is stretching it. Best if you just put them back in 12/12 ASAP skipping the 24 hour darkness to avoid further stress.

I took clones 6 weeks into flower and they took about 2 weeks to reveg (after the 1 week to root) so you might still be OK.