What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden.....lets chat!!!

Hello All!

So how do you use H&G nutes? Feed feed feed? Or feed water feed water?

I have been hearing mixed things. Their website is pretty useless...no FAQ's or anything. I'll call em tomorrow, but figured I'd check with the community as well. ;)

I just dragged home the whole line for soil. Got a test batch in flower running.....but only done the Week 1 bloom feed the other day.

Only thing I don't like about the nutes so far is it is a major pain in the ass to measure out 1.5 mL.....and things like it. My shot glass goes in 5 mL increments. I have a 1 mL dropper, but I would ratehr use a fresh one every time instead of reusing...which leads to contamination.

Anyone have any thoughts? Love to hear em all! Whether its what you like/don't like, how you measure, how you apply....etc. Like it says....lets chat! :biggrin:

I have been running Fox Farms line for awhile and I do like it.....but there are many good nutes out there....and who doesn't wanna do better? :dunno:

OK I hope we get this rollin. :smokeit:

Peace ya'll. Grow hard!

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only thing I don't like about the nutes so far is it is a major pain in the ass to measure out 1.5 mL.....and things like it. My shot glass goes in 5 mL increments. I have a 1 mL dropper, but I would ratehr use a fresh one every time instead of reusing...which leads to contamination.

H&G floats my boat.

A solution to your measurement issue is to mix larger batches. I'm guessing that you hand water with a 1 or 2 gallon can. Try a 5 gal bucket or a 10 gal trash can and your measurement problems will disappear.
Another option is to buy disposable droppers with .5 ml graduation. They're super cheap and available online. Check out American Science & Surplus, that's where I got my last batch.
I mix 40+ gallons per reservoir, so that's less of an issue for me.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
yup, floats my boat as well. have had some of the biggest yields ive ever had with this line. plants stay very healthy. its cost effective.

the drip clean and roots accelerator are hands down some of the best products in existence.

this round, i am supplementing the h@g line with bud blood, big bud and another goodie from aurora soul synthetics called bud swell.

not saying the h@g lines lacks anything. but the bud blood will speed flowing time up a tad, if you dont know about big bud from AN, your missing out! and the whole aurora soul synthetics line some magical shit. we have been doing extensive side by sides with this shit as additives only, not a base, and are beyond happy with the results!

for some reason, i dont like the shooting powder. maybe becasue it is powder? i use another flower enhancer.....

i am 5 weeks in with this new line up, very please with whats happening! i will post a thread on that grow soon....

Thanks to both of you for your replies!!!!!

But neither of you said, do you feed feed feed? Or feed water feed?

I do mix 5 gallon buckets.....about 7 of them as I am a perpetual pharmer. ;)

I run 6-9 plant runs in 3 gallon containers.....giving each one about .75 gallons to saturate the pot with no run offs.

Thanks again guys!!!!

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neither of us run soil
(correct me if I'm wrong, krunch)
we both run coco so there's gonna be some run off.
It sounds to me like you would benefit from a 45 gallon trash can (if you mix 35 gallons at a time) with a pump in it attached to a watering wand.
I run drippers myself, drain to waste.
Also a big fan of Bud Blood and Big Bud from AN.
It's funny, sometimes it looks like krunch and i are reading from the same play book.
Anyway, your real query:
Feed feed feed.
Sometimes I have planned flushes with straight water or an additive here and there.
Coco doesn't hold nutes the way soil does, so as long as you're not overfeeding you can feed until it's time for the final flush.
AFOM runs H&G soil nutes and he loves them. He runs beds, so there's a bit more lag time between feedings, but I don't think he does food-water-food. He just keeps the ppm low and supplements his soil mix with azomite.
Good luck!

Thanks alot Humble1. Much appreciated pal!

I shoulda figured you guys were hydro or coco.

I mix 5 gallon batches as one 5 gal bucket feeds/waters each batch.....I can't mix 45 gal batches as each week is different. Someday I will run huge batches and do just what you said....pump with wand.

Thanks for the info. I just won't buy AN products as I think the company blows. JMO tho. Super over priced and super marketed.

I hope AFOM pops by and shares his thoughts as well.

Thanks again Humble1. ;)

mk6

pulled this off the GH if you gona use thier entire product line on thier data sheet " flush: To ensure optimum flavor flush with flora clean piror to harvest and can be used to minimize the effect of overfertilization" :dunno:

GH feedsch.jpg

Attachments

• GH_ExpertProgram_DrainToWaste.pdf
    184.4 KB · Views: 49

krunchbubble

Veteran
pulled this off the GH if you gona use thier entire product line on thier data sheet " flush: To ensure optimum flavor flush with flora clean piror to harvest and can be used to minimize the effect of overfertilization" :dunno:

View attachment 44075

holy shit, what are you high on? this is a discussion on house and garden nutrient line......

LMAO^^^. Krunch....yer avi is hilarious. Isn't that Stewart? Love that guy!

I got some 3 mL and 1 mL pipe things. I've actually had em....but they seem to be a lil off. Prolly made in China. LOL.

Anyone else got anything to say about H&G?

I hear pretty mixed reviews on their Shooting Powder. Some love, some hate. I'm gonna run it on half my test batch I think. It will come down to flavor of each product vs yield. I refuse to sacrifice quality for quantity. Quality rules the world!

Last edited:
Called up Humboldt Wholesale today.....the man said FEED FEED FEED.

Didn't doubt anyone that replied.....but I had to hear it from the horse....and thats what he said. Awesome guy on the phone. Real nice and willing to chat nutes and entertain my questions.

Thumbs up for customer service!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I haven't messed with our grow, but I know that my partner HATES the H&G veg line.

I can attest to the fact that my little NYCD's were starving to death on H&G and turned green with only 2 feedings of Ionic(our previous nute line). I have heard that the flower line is good though....that I don't know and now I'm afraid to even touch it.

Good friend of ours said H&G veg sucks ass too...idk, I never have to water...it's not my job. My partner's super experienced and hates it, all I know.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no offense,
but if you ask a nutrient manufacturer whether or not to use more of their product, what do you think they're going to say?
if you ask mcdonalds whether their menu contains a healthy and nutritious meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner what do you expect them to say?
H&G is the most reliable nute line for following their feed chart. If you follow the GH feed chart your plants will probably burn and die. Same thing for advanced. But this does not mean that H&G, and especially their US distributor (Humboldt Wholesale), have your best interests in mind. They have their bottom line, profit, in mind and if that coincides with healthy plants for you and i, well then so be it.
okay, okay,:rant: off

opt1c

Veteran
i've been keeping my moms in perpetual veg with h&g coco; bout 8ml a gal and they are happy forever; i'm able to feed all my strains this mix with no ill effects or defs... if you want them to grow faster in veg bump up the ppm.. that being said i don't know anything about the soil veg line of h&g; the coco and aqua lines you use throughout the entire grow

i too dislike the shooting powder and supplement whatever pk booster i have around; i also add a carb loading product from the 4th week of flower on

krunchbubble

Veteran
i've been keeping my moms in perpetual veg with h&g coco; bout 8ml a gal and they are happy forever; i'm able to feed all my strains this mix with no ill effects or defs... if you want them to grow faster in veg bump up the ppm.. that being said i don't know anything about the soil veg line of h&g; the coco and aqua lines you use throughout the entire grow

i too dislike the shooting powder and supplement whatever pk booster i have around; i also add a carb loading product from the 4th week of flower on

yup, this works perfectly, i do the same thing. the algen in there veg line is some good stuff though.....

No offense taken Humble1.

Fox Farms sched says feed every other watering on it. And thats the only way to use their nutes IMO.

When I call a manufacturer, yeah I do expect the truth, cuz if it doesn't work then their shit won't sell, so why lie.

The reason he said feed feed feed was because of the Drip Clean. He said if you follow the sched, it was damn near impossible to over feed.

Again, things I knew or had read, but wanted to hear it.

Not like I won't test this out for myself either....always do....just love to catch all the opinions I can in a vast community.

Thanks for your input as well Miss Blunted Opt1c n Krunch.

Last edited:
G

growcodile

just use a 10ml syringe or so ... what contamination? just let the nutes drop from the syringe ...

Nah I'm saying I would like to have a ton of those syringes. If you use the same syringe in mulitple bottles.....thats no good IMO.

I have had good luck with the H&G line my last two runs in coco ebb/flow. I haven't used their Shooting Powder or PK yet....

As for the syringes, I use the same syringe for almost everything, with a tap water rinse between different solutions. Is their a reason I should be worried about cross contamination after a rinse?

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is the syringe glass or plastic?
it doesn't matter really, because even with a glass syringe you still have a rubber squeeze-bulb. the pores of plastic or rubber can and will retain trace amounts of chemicals.
if these chemicals are pgr, like bushmaster or phosphoload you may not want to re-apply them. same for certain pesticides or fungicides or cleaning products.

Trillion

For those that have used the algen:

Does it contain good amounts of CalMag like other seaweed/algae extracts.

I ask because I used to use alg-a-mic for calmag but am switching to drippers and alg-a-mic is a little gloopy.