What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Staff & Contributors Idea Thread

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We suggest & develop editorial ideas for FPN in this thread.

Have an idea for an article or a special section? Slap it down here and let everyone have a look-see.

G

Nate The Great's Hunter S. Thompson Tribute

Nate The Great's Hunter S. Thompson Tribute

The other week I went to download the newest issue of Flower Pix News. Right on the front was a drawing and text reading that it was to commemorate Dr. Thompson. I went to read the article put together by Rezdog only to be apalled. The title of the article alone made me sad, "Fear and Loathing: Taking The Cheater's Way Out - The Fast Times and Disappointing End of HST."
Hunter S. Thompson did not take the "Cheater's Way Out." Thompson Lived his life to the fullest. Near the end of his life he suffered immensly from a large variety of medical ailments; for years prior to his passing friends and family said that he discussed the subject frequently enough that for them it was not a matter of if, but when. Ralph Steadman, beloved illustrator of "Fear and Loathing", was quoted after Thompson's death saying that Hunter had claimed if he thought he could not kill himself at any one moment, he would go crazy.
Hunter's writing's have been felt. And they continue to be felt by new generations of young people year after year. New generations latch on so strongly to his material because he never sold out. Even trailing off into old age and medical problems a true Gonzo Journalist. He called them like he saw them, we all apprecated that.

On Febuary 20, 2005, Dr. Hunter S. Thompson was found dead from a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head. He did not take "the coward's way out." Hunter lived a full and complete life; I beleive he wanted us all to see it that way. He leaves behind a great legacy.

:cool:

Please Publish this, you owe it to HST

Sleepy

Veteran
Hows about an outdoor grow guide...

Hows about an outdoor grow guide...

i don't grow outside, but with spring in full swing (where i am at least), maybe its a good time to share wisdom/insight for the outdoor growers.

:canabis: :canabis: :canabis: :canabis: :canabis:

Sleepy

Veteran
Or, how about...

Or, how about...

a "Cook's Corner" section. sharing cannabis related recipes, or fun ways to enjoy our favorite plant at a BBQ/get-together...??? :yummy: :yummy: :yummy:

Latest posts

Latest posts