What's new

Re-vegging Malawi

blondie

Anyone try to reveg? I’m not ready yet, but I have one phenotype that is going to finish at least several weeks before the other two. Not sure it would reveg under 12/12. ??

M

Mr D

It's going to need to be under 24/0 or 20/4 lighting to reveg. When you harvest leave as much healthy green leaves as possible then move under 20/4 lighting. It will take weeks to start revegging. Some strange mutated growth in the beginning is normal.

blondie

I had wondered if they would veg due to explosive growth in these Sativas. I think veg is wrong way of saying. I had read a thread where someone went 12/12 from seed. It would be essentially the same thing. But... this is my theory. I don’t have a veg tent. Just one light. I do wonder if anyone vegged these specifically under something like 20/4 ?

M

Mr D

You can go 12/12 from seed, I wouldn't recommend it but sometimes we have to work with what we have.

I personally like to veg a pure sativa from seed for 4 weeks under 18/6 lighting or more before flowering under 12/12.

If you can find another spot big enough for 2 gallon pot you can veg a single plant in very small area using a LED spot light in one of those clamp lights.

Hope that helps

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi blondie,

As Mr D correctly pointed out, to reveg your cannabis plants after going through a flowering stage you must remove all the flowered parts of the plant, leave as much leaves and stems in growth as possible and then place the plant in a photoperiod of 18/6 or even higher with plenty of light intensity. Then wait 2-3 weeks until the plant produces new growth under the new growing photoperiod....
then you will be able to take clones of her to preserve her genotype in clone form.

For indoor growing I still use with good results a classic 18/6 photoperiod for the growing stage of all my cannabis plants. Other growers use a 20/4 or even 24/0 photoperiod for growing stage, although i feel it is important to respect plants night cycle so i very seldom use that kind of very high photoperiods unless i'm trying to reveg a special plant or to keep in long term specific semi autoflowering parental plants in the mother room like ErdPurt. Hope it helps with your doubts and that you managed to reveg your desired Malawi lady.

therevverend

Veteran
I think he was talking about double harvesting, taking the big nugs off and leaving the small leafy ones in the hopes of harvesting a second flush of buds swelling up a couple weeks later. I know Dubi has mentioned that this is possible with some of his other strains but I don't think it'd work as well on Malawi, at least not the ones I grew. Didn't have the right sort of branching and plant shape, indoors. Outdoors is when you can have the most success with this method as long as the weather stays warm and dry. Although I've seen it happen indoors in the right type of situation.

Latest posts

Latest posts