What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CongoxKaliChina Fem limited edition March 2017

StrongTree

2nd try for Congo x KC. my 1 st plant had some issues that i could not fix...i did get early tastes of that plant last year that were very interesting ..but from seed and in clone "she" would changed in the late stage...she would appear just fine but around week 7-8.. start acting strange... seemed to be the culprit of some mystery seeds i found in BPCK and BKC who shared the tent

i will keep a close eye on this one

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hope she behaves well StrongTree :) Glad to see you revisiting this old limited edition.
She looks very elegant and beautiful. Best wishes friend.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love the way how healthy your plants are always and how fast they advance ;)

I like a lot the effects and balance of traits of Congo x KC limited edition, a pitty people didn't pay much attention to this release, otherwise i will consider to release it again at some point, so take clones in case you really find it special.

Morthan Hobby

I still have 2 phenos of this. Running inside and out this year again to see which produces the best results. My plan last year was to hold on to one of the two but they were both good enough to hold on to.

StrongTree

congo x kc ...at just 40 days or so looks good enough to smoke... ( i may just grab a sample from down low in the next few days)
smells are kalichina-ish but more sharp spicyness it's like KC's over ripened fruit smells but with cocoa and black pepper Congo smells...reminiscent of the thai chi pheno i had going for a bit.. i would class both as highly resinous and oily / but quick (very quick!) signs of ripeness in 40-50 days indoor..

Kalichina seems to offer these kind of pheno's in it's progeny from time to time.. i also had a HPH xKC that was like this...extremely resinous sativa like effect but that one was lower yield and in that case leaf ratio was high...i like the sativa leaning hybrids that finish quick...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful StrongTree :) Really fast ripening for a sativa dom hybrid of this kind.

You are right, Congo x Kali China works a bit like Thai Chi (Thai x Kali China) where the Kali China influence tames a lot the tropical sativa mother side by improving the indoor adaptability, resin production, complexity of terpenes and with a much faster flowering.

Always a pleasure to follow the progress of your plants and your gardening work :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing StrongTree ;) Structurally she is very sativa with those sexy thin Congolese leaves, but the flowers hold lots of traits from Kali China, the smoke would be my cup of tea :yummy:
Thanks a lot for sharing your outstanding gardening work :ying:

Morthan Hobby

It's been 2 1/2 years since I acquired my limited edition CKC seed and I have now done a number of inside grows and this summer added an outdoor 39N grow that I just harvested. Sorry no pics. My experience both inside and now outside with this variety leads me to these conclusions: Indoor they produce a nice easily controlled moderate size plants with nice buds of better than average effect. Outside they become monster size with Indica leaning chunky buds of outstanding strength and size. I'll keep them going for future outdoor grows for personal use because they are that good. For those of you who did not access this limited edition when it was available, I feel sorry for you. It will be one of my keepers not only indoors but outdoors if possible. I also have 2 versions of KillerA5Haze, Delicious Critical Sensi Star, Lemon Kush, White Russian, White Choco Haze, 2 phenos of Kali China, Lemon Garlic OG and others than I am trying to maintain to have variety in my buzz. They all do the job but I am especially fond of ACE genetics. Too bad I cannot source direct any longer. Love Dubi and their products. I almost forgot to mention I also have 2 phenos of Golden Tiger and KillerA5Haze still finishing outdoors. Looks like a great variety to enjoy over the coming winter.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love to hear it Morthan Hobby :) really happy you are still enjoying so much with this limited edition after a few runs both indoors and outdoors. Keep clones and don't let the genetics go.

To be honest, i'm also surprised people didn't pay more attention to this release ... otherwise it would have been re released.
I also love Thai Chi and Haze x Kali China, but Congo x Kali China is definitely on my top 3 pure sativa x KC hybrids.

Sounds like you are having an interesting harvest with such line up ;)
Please, keep us updated with your experience and opinion on the other ACE strains!