What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal Silver vs GA3 for Feminized Seed

LostTribe

Premium user
I have 250 ppm CS that I bought and powdered GA3. I have read that the GA3 is easier and more reliable for reversing a female to create viable male pollen. Anyone have experience with the GA3? What PPM's on either and do you spray the same I flipped yesterday and want to get these going!

Trying to S1 my Bros Grimm C99#4....also have some Sour OG f3's and an HSO Cecil B aka CUSH in for one quick run before the hiatus. Really need this to work on the C99#4!

Thank you very much anyone that can contribute!
LT

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, i am FAR from expert on this topic having only done a few runs with CS and i've not even read anything on using giberalic acid? to femminize, silver theosulphate is the only other method i've read about, with the caveat that i have also read about Soma's method, aka rhodalization? (check the spelling on that last)

...anyway, i'm thinking 250 ppm of the CS would do the job fine although you'll need to spray daily for a week or more, with the silver theosulphate you only need to spray once.

...a couple things worth noting, first, the silver theosulphate is a 2 part that needs to be mixed AND it is fairly toxic so care must be taken with the mixing and with the application, the CS on the other hand is totally safe.

...second, with the CS it's usually a good idea to give the gurls at least a weeks headstart before you flip the tranny to ensure you have plenty of pistils out to catch the pollen.

...there's a long running thread inhouse that you should read, i believe it was authored by 'Phenomenal' although i may be mis-remembering, and my spelling may be off too, it's been a few years since i read it, lol.

...shit, lets make this easy.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=60610

peace, bozo

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks!

Not worried about having pistols showing as I have a decent sized girl and a small clone. I plan to reverse the clone onto the other plant.

Anyone able to chime in if I might be able to dilute the 250ppm as I only have 2 ounces of liquid and dont think its enough for 2 weeks of spraying....

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i guarantee you will find your answers in that thread i linked to, it's a long running discussion specifically on using and making coloidal silver that is still active and goes back several years.

...believe me bro, you'll find answers to questions you haven't even thought to ask and if you follow what you find there you are almost guaranteed to succeed.

peace, bozo

Bongstar420

I have 250 ppm CS that I bought and powdered GA3. I have read that the GA3 is easier and more reliable for reversing a female to create viable male pollen. Anyone have experience with the GA3? What PPM's on either and do you spray the same I flipped yesterday and want to get these going!

Trying to S1 my Bros Grimm C99#4....also have some Sour OG f3's and an HSO Cecil B aka CUSH in for one quick run before the hiatus. Really need this to work on the C99#4!

Thank you very much anyone that can contribute!
LT

A little late. Next time try asking questions before you are in the middle of the project.

GA will give lots of funny growth. I didn't notice anything growing funny Ag. I reverted GG#4 to the point it looked almost entirely male. Pollen was plenty fertile. The only advice I "got" was the concentration parameters people generally use. Otherwise, you should be able to do it on your own.

Try paying someone with knowledge and a high IQ to do it for you. It baffles me the amount of people who this doesn't occur to.

Deprivation

what kinda answer is that bongclown ?

OP

50ppm-100ppm the higher is for shorter plants and 50ppm ga3 for stretchier. 50-80 ppm CS will work as well.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Since ga causes mutations in surviving seeds exposed to it, it would surprise me if no mutations occurred using it to reverse expression.
CS seems far preferable

Deprivation

Easy peasy CS gen 8v dc 300ma and one 999 silver coin. 8 oz distilled water and run for 24 hours works every time and balls open on their own.

picture.php

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i used a Ball jar for mine, i cut down a lid from a plastic container to use as a top so i could just poke a couple .999 silver wires through.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...i can't fit the pic in this post but i'm using an old Radio Shack transformer i had laying around, output = 8volts, 210 ma.

...it works like a charm, easy peasy and all parts stow nicely inside the jar.

peace, bozo

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks for following up guys I kept on spraying for 3 weeks into 12/12 thinking it wasn't working. I should have stopped after 10 days. I now have plenty of pollen sacks but the pistols are already bright orange and I am not seeing any pollen flying at 44 days with probably 10 sacks open.....

Next time I will spray for a few days before flip and only do about a week into 12/12. Pissed just wanted to back this girl up! Might try still but will have to go micro as I dont have any space.

LT

justanotherbozo

Veteran
a good rule of thumb is to start your gurls flowering, then a week later you start spraying the clone you want to reverse while keeping it in veg for another week, then put that sprayed clone into flower with the gurls to be pollinated and continue spraying for about another week.

...this way the gurls have a bit of a head start before the clone starts showing pollen sacs.

...something else worth noting is that sometimes the pollen sacs don't open by themselves and so in these cases you'll need to pluck the pollen sacs off and mash them up a bit so you can then apply the pollen manually, either with a brush or qtip or something similar.

peace, bozo

Siever

Veteran
I've done CS(40ppm) earlier this year with a pure long flowering sativa & next time I'll put my plant to reverse 3 weeks earlier into flower than the rest. I had lots of unripe seeds and my plant to reverse started to make a lot more banana's when it was already to late.
Next time I can easily make 10 fold the seeds I made now (+/- 800).
On the price: for CS I need 200 ml 40 ppm which cost me 9.5 euro.
For GA 3 it's said you need 0.5 g which costs 2.5 euro at most so I don't see why GA3 would be more expensive.
B.T.W. I can't find any info on what ppm the GA3 solution should be nor could one find how much one should spray the plant per aplication.

Siever

LungCooking

100% pure CS 50ppm, start one week before turning them to flowering
I Use Silver Mountain Minerals, the best imo and one bottle is enough to revert 3 plants