What's new

Vegan Super Coir? High brix?

TSLEBOWSKI

Hello all,

I'm just starting my transition into organic growing and I've been doing tons of research but I haven't found an answer yet. I'm looking for a veganic coco coir mix. I don't want to use traditional organic amendments like bone or bloodmeal due to their heavy metal content. I'm currently using Jack's Pro Hydro with CalNit and Epsom salts in a 321 ratio but I'm having trouble with mites and I refuse to use harsh pesticides.

Anyway, I'm looking for something similar to the profile I'm using but with plant based ingredients. I really don't care about the "organic" or "veganic" labels and I hope we don't waste time debating those semantics. I am kind of set in my ways with coco due to its water retention and flavor in the finished product but I'm open to any suggestions.

I appreciate all your guy's time,
The Savage Lebowski

indocult

my only ideas would be either the general organics line or make your own FPE's (fermented plant extracts)

Levitationofme

Well I don't know you or what your personal preferences are exactly.
But I completely agree that you have to feel good about what you feed your plants.

I believe their are some very high quality powdered nutrients which are produced now. You should be able to pick n choose what you like that way.

I am still quite new at this myself. If I had knowledge i'd try that, I think. I think being picky about what goes into our grows is great.

I'm using a bottled set of nutrients and their feed chart. Works great as long as I don't screw it up myself and follow the instructions. I dialed back 30% to suit my plants as I saw it was overkill.

I think Canna Coco nutrients are used by a ton of people on this forum. Their is a forum here to check

Luck of the Good to you!
:smokey:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65643