What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ricks new adventure!!

Just_Grow

Ok so i posted before but didnt keep up with updates and stuff. I was in soil before but alot things have happened and changed in the last few months since i didnt posted. Now i run a flood and drain setup with buckets and hydroton. I will be running clones which will be bubba kish.. So here Ill list the setup..

(2) 4x4 tables
(1) 50 gallon rez.
(24) clones
GH nutriens
(2) 1000 watt hps
(1) 8 tube t5
(1) 6 tube t5

I plan to veg couple weeks then flip to 12/12...
I already did a small run with this setup up. But i was out of town for a whole working so had a buddy running it. It all came out decent.. Ill post pics if that round. So this rond will be all me and we will see how it goes..

Last round

New round

Bud from last round

LostTribe

Premium user
sweet love me some tables! Love me Hydroton clay pebbles all day longs! You are doin it right let me know if you have any problems or questions. I run 5 gal ebb flo hydroton buckets and love it!

How often are you flooding and what is your nute levels ppm/ec/ph?

Just_Grow

sweet love me some tables! Love me Hydroton clay pebbles all day longs! You are doin it right let me know if you have any problems or questions. I run 5 gal ebb flo hydroton buckets and love it!

How often are you flooding and what is your nute levels ppm/ec/ph?

I flood every 6 hours i believe right now.. My nute level is 700 ppm 5.8 ph or so.. I run GH nutrients.

No reasons ur system should not kick ass....that clay should be mandatory for anyone starting with hydroponics...about fool proof....getting tuned in on your flood cycles is the key with any ebb and flow set up since it is always changing as ur plants grow....
Hydroton is a perfect medium for my SWC (shallow water culture system)...thread is posted if u want to check it out....no ebb and flow...where they sit gets flooded and that area has a lid...pumps circulate and oxygenate the mix which is only an inch deep....simple set up and no adjustments to cycles..they just eat and drink as they please....not trying to hyjack your thread..just like ppl to see other alternatives...different keep the pics coming as they evolve...YT

Just a quick note...700 ppm is a VERY hot mix..the plants I see in ur New grow dont need that level of nutes....they should thrive on half that at that size....700 is about as high as my plants ever see in full bloom (if even 700)....u can get away with it if u flush regularly but thats just chasing your tail...doesnt get u anywhere but wasting $$ on nutes that the plants dont use....YT

Just_Grow

Just a quick note...700 ppm is a VERY hot mix..the plants I see in ur New grow dont need that level of nutes....they should thrive on half that at that size....700 is about as high as my plants ever see in full bloom (if even 700)....u can get away with it if u flush regularly but thats just chasing your tail...doesnt get u anywhere but wasting $$ on nutes that the plants dont use....YT

Ok thank you for the advice will drain rez today and put fresh water and less nutes. I was just following the advice from a fellow grower who started me on ebb and flow.. Also i would like to check out your shallow water culture that seems interesting. Thank you for looking at my grow..

djslife

Hey Just_Grow,

Diggin the SOG style! Should be a killer show. Are you planning on training any specific way or let them roll for two-three weeks and then flip?

I'm running GH as well and haven't had any drawbacks. I'd say the best advice I was able to come up with is start low strength like Yankee mentioned and slowly increase your dosage till your plants are looking happy.

Later,

-djslife

Just_Grow

Hey Just_Grow,

Diggin the SOG style! Should be a killer show. Are you planning on training any specific way or let them roll for two-three weeks and then flip?

I'm running GH as well and haven't had any drawbacks. I'd say the best advice I was able to come up with is start low strength like Yankee mentioned and slowly increase your dosage till your plants are looking happy.

Later,

-djslife

Hey there Djslife

Thanks for checking ut the grow. No i dont do any real training just weave branches through the net to get more light penetration to the middle. I like this strain because i dont have to train it really. Just roll for couple weeks the flip. The GH nutes are great i think. I have trid several from advanced to x nutrients to couple others Gh is the best that i like.

djslife

Hey there Djslife

Thanks for checking ut the grow. No i dont do any real training just weave branches through the net to get more light penetration to the middle. I like this strain because i dont have to train it really. Just roll for couple weeks the flip. The GH nutes are great i think. I have trid several from advanced to x nutrients to couple others Gh is the best that i like.

No worries, it's always cool to see other peoples work. Okay nice, can't wait to see your room filled out then. Oh really, I've never had a chance to mess with AN. Which products of their's did you end up using and in what medium?

-djslife

Just_Grow

No worries, it's always cool to see other peoples work. Okay nice, can't wait to see your room filled out then. Oh really, I've never had a chance to mess with AN. Which products of their's did you end up using and in what medium?

-djslife

Yea i like to just check out peoples grows. Everybody is different so i like to get ideas from more then one person. I used about all that AN has. There sensi a+ b stuff to the ph perfect they call jungle juice. It was alright but i didnt think it worked as good as GH and it always seemed to leave a sediment type stuff at the bottom after mixing it all. I used it in soil.

djslife

Yea i like to just check out peoples grows. Everybody is different so i like to get ideas from more then one person. I used about all that AN has. There sensi a+ b stuff to the ph perfect they call jungle juice. It was alright but i didnt think it worked as good as GH and it always seemed to leave a sediment type stuff at the bottom after mixing it all. I used it in soil.

Same here, I've learned so much from everyone around here. Oh okay, I've heard the same thing from a few people about AN. I wonder what the deal is.

-djslife

Just_Grow

Same here, I've learned so much from everyone around here. Oh okay, I've heard the same thing from a few people about AN. I wonder what the deal is.

-djslife

Yea i like this site gives good info. And alot growers on here been growing for years so they have alot of advice. I dont whats up with AN its decent nutes.

Copperfield

What's happening guys?! I'm just a newbie as well.... Been growing for a while. I just set up this lil ghetto grow today... Funds were low so I had to make it happen... I'm using maxi bloom. Npk rates are a little higher than I like, but I've gotten some serious weight off my plants n prior grows using these nutes. Going w both Rockwell n cocoa coir on this round... Not all my clones have whiskers yet so half the buckets are empty... Running headband, grapefruit haze, banana dawg, purple erkle, blockhead bx, n bubba lush pre 98 all off the same res....... I guess we'll see how it goes

Copperfield

I like the maxi bloom because it ph s the water by itself..... I'm using the drip method and feeding twice a day r now, but after all the empty a are filled, I will bump feedings to 8/9 times a day...... My big question is...... Will all the different flavor a thrive on just one res???

We shall see!
Respect-
Copperfield

Just_Grow

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64437&pictureid=1548033&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65161&pictureid=1547407&thumb=1]View Image[/url] What's happening guys?! I'm just a newbie as well.... Been growing for a while. I just set up this lil ghetto grow today... Funds were low so I had to make it happen... I'm using maxi bloom. Npk rates are a little higher than I like, but I've gotten some serious weight off my plants n prior grows using these nutes. Going w both Rockwell n cocoa coir on this round... Not all my clones have whiskers yet so half the buckets are empty... Running headband, grapefruit haze, banana dawg, purple erkle, blockhead bx, n bubba lush pre 98 all off the same res....... I guess we'll see how it goes

Hey there copper field

Thanks for checking it out its a nice little set up there. I like the kid pool rez. But hey it all works. As for them all on the same rez i would say just keep a close eye on them. I know i ran 2 different strains ladt round had no problems but its all on the strain also..

Just_Grow

So i changed the rez and dropped the ppm to 400 but i use tap water which ppm is 130 to start with so.. Since i took your guys advice and lowered ppm they started growing good. I post some pics i took last night. Also does any one have advice on the beneficial bacteria. I have stuff called orca is it a good brand..

LostTribe

Premium user
Ok thank you for the advice will drain rez today and put fresh water and less nutes. I was just following the advice from a fellow grower who started me on ebb and flow.. Also i would like to check out your shallow water culture that seems interesting. Thank you for looking at my grow..

Next time just add more RO to bring down the ppm levels and adjust your ph again.

really at that stage with your size clones 700ppm on gh nutes is do able. I would be close to that at that point. They are clones so 500-800 for veg is what I run depending on size. Bigger plants get closer to 1000 ppm but I am in Botanicare pbp too.