What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post YoUR Coco DTW recipe!!!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Just wondering what those that are willing to share are using as far as nutrients.
I used to run coco in a recirculating system with canna coco line going by there schedule, been a while and wanted to jump back in the indoor, went with home and garden but wasnt impressed with the yield, think it had to do with recirculating factors tho.
I just converted to DTW, Was thinking about trying some maxi bloom with a few additives this time, then maybe a canna run, but wanted to see what the experts are workin with lately.
Also had a question, do yall aerate your nutrient tanks?
I got a 50 gallon drum, just mixed up....
maxi grow
HnG nitrogen boost
canna rhizo tonic
hygrozhyme
drip clean
and cal mag

this is not my formula, just what im using to get them back right before flip, as they have been neglected, underfed, underwatered.

Anyway, if yall have any tips or what not let me know, right now im in one gallon root bound pots, got it on water 3x a day for one minute.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
After doing some studying I think I'll go with my original nutes.... Canna Coco line. But right now im broke so maxi bloom it is!

Phases

I am by no means an expert but I am running the Rez formula - which is a modified Lucas formula.

Day 1-28 - 6ml micro/gal - 9ml Bloom/gal
Day 29-35 - 9ml Bloom/gal 1tsp KoolBloom powder/gal on Day 29
Day 36-52 - 9ml Bloom/gal 1 tsp KoolBloom powder/gal on Day 36
Day 53-63 - flush plain water

Ph 5.8-6.0

Works awesome in coco.

Read The Recipe by Rez Dog and H3ad goes coco.

Phases

I always have a couple grow stones in my Rez. I use a 30 gal tote and I am currently just hand feed my coco right now, but I am looking to switch over to a drip system,

Z

Ziggaro

Currently on cns grow bloom and ripe. Way less than they suggest and I mix them a little bit as needed.
Also using Grow more jumpstart and some biocozyme.
Protekt
Recharge
Calimagic
I like to foliar the protekt and jumpstart as well. Aloe Vera wetting agent ftw

CHEFfy

V&B RO formula 4g/gallon, +size 1g/gallon. No ph'ing, no problems. For my water, this comes to 1.35ec, 5.7ph and drifts up to 6.0 ph over a 3-4 day period. Easiest, best nutrient regiment I've come across, and I've tried quite a few (replaced heavy 16 base plus several additions).

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
5 ml of flora nova veg per gallon for veg
5 ml of flora nova bloom per gallon for flower, dont use cal/mag cause its already in flora nova. Keeping shit simple here and the plants are real happy and healthy wich makes me very happy come harvest time. Once a week they get plain p.h'ed water to flush any salt build up out.

testymctester

Veteran
5 ml of flora nova veg per gallon for veg
5 ml of flora nova bloom per gallon for flower, dont use cal/mag cause its already in flora nova. Keeping shit simple here and the plants are real happy and healthy wich makes me very happy come harvest time. Once a week they get plain p.h'ed water to flush any salt build up out.

I run something very close to this, but have had to supplement calmag for many strains. I also use floralicious plus at 1ml/gal and do a weekly tea instead of plain ph'd water. This does put out nice plants, but the nova has too much nitrogen in late flower. Also, the combo of nova, flora plus, and tea makes really dirty reservoirs, drip lines, tables, etc.

Been thinking about going with a "cleaner" line and following a feeding schedule, but have not made the switch yet. Thanks for starting this thread Get Mo!

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
^^^ I hand water. And yeah I do have to hit the sour dubb And others occasionly with a extra dose of cal/mag. And I haven't noticed any problems with the nitrogen content in late flower cause I lower the feeding amounts and I always get a nice fade at the end.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydroponics research Veg&Bloom RO formula with RO/DI 0 water
Protekt as a PH up

In veg ....

V&B at .8EC for clones & seedlings , up to 1.0 Max
2ml of vitamin/hormone boost from MBferts for the bene's & roots
2 to 4 ml of CalMag on those that need it .
My EC is after all have been mixed

flower .....

V&B from 1.0 EC to 1.5 at peek feed
2ml of calmag for those that need it , only till the stretch is over & the budset starts
No PK boosters

Plain RO water for the last 2 weeks minimum

auto fed by a rez , pump & hydro halo's

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Dansbuds I know u used to rock the canna, how does quality n yield compare with the veg+bloom? I know the price is right on that stuff...

CoCoSativas

Just wondering what those that are willing to share are using as far as nutrients.
I used to run coco in a recirculating system with canna coco line going by there schedule, been a while and wanted to jump back in the indoor, went with home and garden but wasnt impressed with the yield, think it had to do with recirculating factors tho.
I just converted to DTW, Was thinking about trying some maxi bloom with a few additives this time, then maybe a canna run, but wanted to see what the experts are workin with lately.
Also had a question, do yall aerate your nutrient tanks?
I got a 50 gallon drum, just mixed up....
maxi grow
HnG nitrogen boost
canna rhizo tonic
hygrozhyme
drip clean
and cal mag

this is not my formula, just what im using to get them back right before flip, as they have been neglected, underfed, underwatered.

Anyway, if yall have any tips or what not let me know, right now im in one gallon root bound pots, got it on water 3x a day for one minute.

I mimic cannas program sorta with local stuff that's local so the store stocks and it's cheaper. I use canna base food but other stuff

Veg
Canna base part a 7.5 ml per gal
Canna base part b 5 ml per gal
Technaflora thrive alive red 5 ml per gal
A.N. sensizym 7.5 ml per gal (may or may not continue enzymes)
Dynagro protekt 2.5 ml per gal

Flower
Part a 5 mp per gal
Part b 7.5 ml per gal
Thrive alive 5 ml per gal
Canna pk 13 14 for a couple weeks mid bloom 5 ml per gal
A.N. carboload 7.5 ml per gal
Protekt 2.5 ml per gal

This round the pk 13 14 and the carb are new. Last go used the rest and had one of my nicest runs to date. This one while seeded the buds are massive way bigger than last one and they aren't finished yet.

I played around and found I can't use the canna in equal parts with the types of plants I go. Need higher n in veg or they aren't happy and had to lower it after day 7 flower. If I dont raise the b part elemental deffs... it was a little play early on after changing from gh but I went in the right direction. I see lots of people start on canna and fail then move to gh and rave. Wrong way weirdos start with the easy food and move to the hard stuff. Lol it makes me laugh cause I find the canna brilliant.

If you want to recurculate maybe switch to aqua... though I love dtw with my canna coco food. I'll use it for life probably...

Next year I'll probably use the full canna program. I'll keep doing what I'm doing for now but soon I'll make the switch. I just don't want the pain of ordering it or spending a grand when I can spend a third and get out of this world results...

Hope it helps man. Play with your food... so much to choose from. Though for me when It's easy I'll switch to canna all the way but plan a side by side with h and g for my own interest

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dansbuds I know u used to rock the canna, how does quality n yield compare with the veg+bloom? I know the price is right on that stuff...
i did a side by side with the same strain (GG4), same sized pots & same room . & the V&B plants were healthier in veg & bigger flowers in flower with a bit more stretch ! & yields in flower were a bit bigger , maybe 20% .... but the price is the BIG difference !!! 100$ for 2 months supply with the V&B , compared to 4 times that with canna & all them freakin bottles lol

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Cool. I just emailed um to see what they think i should use with well water that varies from 20-100 ppm.

they also have an additive called size+, wonder how much a difference that would make.

Im also researching Jacks, since some folks are planning somethin using um. Heard good things about veg+bloom and jacks, seems to be the 2 on the market everyone is switching to.

Latest posts

Latest posts