What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanolux de or Gavita de?

Millerstreeandl

Hello. I am thinking about upgrading my lights. My flower room is 20x10 with roughly 9 ft ceiling. Right now I have 8 1k lights and 2 clw solarstorm 880s. The 1ks are in 2 rows of 4 and the 880s are in the middle. I would like to know opinions of which is better Nanolux de or Gavita de? Do I even have enough ceiling height to run these? Anyone who has experience with either please let me know what you think. Thanks

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
found this thread while looking for info on the gavitas and nanolux..

considering the switch but need to become more knowledge on the subject before making that investment and possible change of growing technique.

Any help on where to find? Sorry Op - didnt mean to highjack

TedNugget

I have never used the DE bulbs myself, but I was told by someone that you needed to hang them at least 30 inches above the plants.

I am not 100% sure on this, so I look forward to someone with first hand experience chiming in...

I would like to pick up one of the 600wt double ended fixtures myself, but I don't think I have the ceiling height (unless the 600wt can be hung closer than 30" away).
I hear the DE lights are amazing.

WillyG

I would Say GAVITA is the better choice, this is what I know

1. Lamps the Gavita comes with is better and would last longer than Nanolux DE Lamps
2. Reflector is made with better reflective material by far and will last longer.
3. Price would be about $100- $150 more per unit
4. there are many proven results with Gavita I'm sure you will find them on here somewhere.

Millerstreeandl

Thanks for the input. Yea I have done skit if research on them and I am definitely leaning towards Gavitas. I have seen some awesome grows done with Gavitas as well. So they will probably be my first choice. I was just curious if anyone was using the Nanolux DE. I haven't seen many in action

I have gravitas 750de running 240 but they can also run 120.

I have 8 foot ceiling and the max above my canopy till i see some white burning tips is about 8-10 inches.

I love the gravitas, it has a very even footprint, growing SOG, this helps a lot, also they are super bright and puts out very low heat.

PNWCannaman

Nanolux DE are cheap knock offs of the Gavitas. Nanolux make decent standard digital ballasts but the DE are not nearly the quality as the Gavita. I have heard of several nanolux DE failures recently.
Why buy a western family cola when you want a Coke or Pepsi?
Initial price is higher with gavitas but when you grow weed your lights pay for themselves... right?

There are a couple models of the Gavita that only run on 240v but the majority run on both 120 and 240.

I own two 600w Gavita PROS SE 400v. I love em.
The Gavitas are way brighter than conventional MH or HPS, WAY brighter.
The gavita pro 600w SE 400v will outshine a standard 1kw hps, no joke, the DE is brighter.

the 1KW gavitas are ONLY recommended for ceilings of 10ft and higher...

Here's the place I go to get gavitas for cheap!!
www.growitbest.com
Gavita 600/750 DE for $383
Gavita 600w PRO SE 400v $328

PNWCannaman

Here's a picture from the member Kdub @ firestax.
This is one of the cases of Nanolux DE failures in one grow...

He says...
"Here is the room that's comin down in 2 weeks. Not a great pic but you get the idea. 12' x 60', 16000 watts, co2, 6 tons of ac. I've had 6 nano de's fail so I'm a little short in the pic..." - Kdub

Attachments

• CAM01272.jpg
    CAM01272.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 13

Dawg3447

DE are garbag have them flipping always having problem but they do keep replacing them the bulbs don't last long either I had them closer then 30 in. No problems. Had hard core voltage drop on them on the longer runs.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
I just ordered 22 of them, If any fail, I have 2 spares on hand and they will be replaced by my local shop in 24 hrs no question. Using the new DTU and RTU control timing control systems, they're hooked up to AC/DE reflectors as well, will let you know how it works out.

indocult

I'm running 8 Nanolux DE's

I love em, the price is right, they burn BRIGHTER than gavita (gavita burn at 1100, nanolux burn at 1200) The RTU unit is awesome so you can control your lights wirelessly.

The Nanolux also is coming out with interchangeable hoods for their all in one unit this year!

I recommend nanolux because I've used them with great results. at 600 w they are brighter than my 1kw single ended sunlight systems ballasts.

They do get fucking hot though.

I had 1 bulb go out and 1 ballast go out from 8 ordered... but they have a 3 year warranty so I was able to get replacements quickly

Millerstreeandl

Thank you for your input. I will be making my order in the next few weeks. I think I'm gonna go with the nanolux. I will be getting 8 as well.

the gnome

Veteran
I went with DE fixtures last nov.
looking gavs or nano's i was going to use the nano's.
someone mentioned digilumes, they are the brightest on the market using a ushio bulb.
and @$260 that sealed it for me.
I missed the remote options the nano's had but what i needed can be
done with the lighting controller.

which ever way you decide to go you'll be extremely happy.
the only regret with DE fixtures is you didn't do it sooner :D

Latest posts

Latest posts