What's new

Vapable liquid from just plant+VG\PG?

5threel

I've been doing research into making a 'special' ejuice to put into my clearomizer, and found one recipe that I was about to make which involved making a tincture with everclear and then slow cooking that with a VG\PG mix, but my friend helping me with it was a little hesitant because of the whole issue of how combustable the alcohol is even though it ends up boiling off.

So I searched further and found this
Pour 1 qt of propylene glycol, or vegetable based e-juice with no flavor or nicotine into a kitchen pot,

Heat on the LOWEST electric setting for around 10 minutes,

Add your 2 to 4 oz. of desired biomass (bud, shake, etc.) shredded, into the liquid.

Simmer for two to 6 hours depending on the intensity you want, stirring occasionally.

After you have cooked your mixture, strain through cheese cloth (don't be a dork and try to use anything else)

Collect your liquid in a container of some type- twist, mash, and squeeze the cheese cloth to get all of the newly thc/cannabinoid infused liquid out into the bowl/jar/container.

Place some of the liquid into your ecig and vaporize to your heart's content.
over on this site, and it sounds like it could work, but the person that posted it registered just to post that, and then hasn't posted again since october 2013, which makes me a little weary to trust it and potentially waste my VG\PG, and plant.

I have 16oz of VG and PG respectively, so if I were to do this I'd end up with a 1 quart 50\50 mix which would have to be mixed with ~4 oz of plant which is a bit much so I'd have to do some scaling at least for the test batches. 1\8th seems like a reasonable amount, which if my math is right would call for 1 ounce of liquid, so .5 each of VG\PG, which isn't a lot considering how much I have on deck right now, but if it wouldn't work it's still being wasted.

Sorry for getting a little OT there, but I thought it might be relevant to if this would work or not.

Capn

This might work but I'm not sure of the shelf life of the resulting liquid since your soaking plant matter in the pg/vg liquid directly. I think you'd be better off making some sort of hash with the plant matter using a solvent like Iso or Butane then dissolve that in a small amount of ethanol, then mix that ethanol/hash mixture into a blended pg/vg solution.

I'm pretty sure that if you mixed the pg/vg directly with plant matter then tried to strain the green matter out, due to the viscosity of the liquid you would have a hard time getting the finer particulates out. Those particulates would probably pose a issue to your atomizer/cartomizer.

Thats my 2cents.

5threel

Makes sense. Is the alcohol a necessary step though? Seems unsafe to put it in after the ISO is evaporated off seeing how flammable it is.

Over on /r/electricents somebody gave me this process:
decarb, put the plant into a mason jar or similar, and cover with the alcohol, then shake for a minute or so. Strain out the plant, and boil off the alcohol which should leave me with the shatter. Mix that with the PG at a 2:1 Statter:pG ratio (so if you have 2 grams of shatter use 1 gram of PG)

They also specifically recommended against using a PG\VG mix and said it didn't work at all for them, I should go 100% PG.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of formulas going around, but you can load more oil into a VG/PG mixture with alcohol, and vaporize away the alcohol, than you can dissolve in it using it as the solvent. Solvents lose their solvent qualities as they saturate, even if they can be mixed at any ratio with the solute.

The PG is the key to keeping it in solution after the alcohol leaves, though the VG will hold some, it is mostly for vapor and taste.

jump /injack

Veteran
I had a small amount of dirty hash and dissolved it in Everyclear then strained it with coffee filters, it cleaned up nicely. I put it into a colored bottle and dripper it onto used weed in my Volcano, at a #7 setting [396 F] I let it run first until the alcohol is burnt off, you can smell it and it takes but a few seconds, might want to try it if its apropos. If you're an alcoholic and on Antabuse you might have problems; anyone else do this?

Opus Buddly

VG and QWISO

VG and QWISO

Yesterday I made some vaping "juice" with QWISO and chocolate flavored PG (it was all I could get here in Bumfuck, MI. It's potent as fuck but I don't care for the shitty artificial chocolate flavor.
Today I went to the big city smoke shop and got a better "tank" and then to the health food store for some unflavored VG. I like the taste of cannabis a lot more than I like the taste of artificial fruit flavors and shit.
Anyway...my oil doesn't like to dissolve in the VG as well as it did with the PG even when heated.
Does anyone know if I could add the VG to the ISO after the wash but before the ISO evaporates and end up with a less viscous vaping "juice"?

jump /injack

Veteran
Yesterday I made some vaping "juice" with QWISO and chocolate flavored PG (it was all I could get here in Bumfuck, MI. It's potent as fuck but I don't care for the shitty artificial chocolate flavor.
Today I went to the big city smoke shop and got a better "tank" and then to the health food store for some unflavored VG. I like the taste of cannabis a lot more than I like the taste of artificial fruit flavors and shit.
Anyway...my oil doesn't like to dissolve in the VG as well as it did with the PG even when heated.
Does anyone know if I could add the VG to the ISO after the wash but before the ISO evaporates and end up with a less viscous vaping "juice"?

Go to: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7276977#post7276977 Hush concocted a blend that worked for him. The URL is the site where you can see what he used.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've done it a few different ways with different results.

The easiest way is the decarb and soak in VG for hours on low heat. The resulting tincture is very tasty, low odor, and good for maintaining a high. It doesn't have enough of a kick to get me there, but great for staying there while on the go.

The harder way involves first making a shatter then dissolving it in a small amount of hot PG. This tastes more like flowers, is low oder, and packs a powerful kick depending on the quality of the starting wax. This is my preferred method and what I smoke daily.

I have also used wax pens (none worked well) and glass domes (worked better but break too easy) to smoke straight wax.

White Beard

As people keep mention ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL IS TOXIC. That means it's POISONOUS.

The ONLY safe way to do this is to make a point of removing ALL OF THE ISO first.

So, no, you can't make a SAFE vaping juice that contains ISO. At ALL.