What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

magnus genetics banner

aeric

Veteran
am having the same problem. not going to download something just because some1 made a screwed up (programming or whatever, not the breeder) banner.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems a problem not caused by my computer because while at a friends the same thing happened.....keeps happening to me too, please someone fix the bloody thing, ive never had the problem before and ive done some serious bloody surfing in the past.
Peace

G

aeric said:
am having the same problem. not going to download something just because some1 made a screwed up (programming or whatever, not the breeder) banner.

It's not screwed up, just saved as Flash Player 8 format. It will be exported to Flash Player 7 and all your problems will be solved.

G

Gypsy please do something with this Magus Genetics banner, I do not want to change settings and down load programs just because this one banner keeps crashing me!

Please, please do something with it.

G

The Magus banner is no different format than the other flash banners on this site. If your computer keeps crashing why not update your version of Flash?

Thousands of other people seem to not have a problem with it.

mpro

Indeed it is, and could you imagine if you couldn't update.

Indica Jones said:
It is the neccessary evil with software programs.......................they always need updating.........

What's stupid is how increasingly slower things run on XP.

I was getting random(seemingly) crashes w/ firefox 1.5.1 on here. Went back a few releases, and everything works great.

aeric

Veteran
I checked out both firefox and updating flash.....not a good idea IMO. Thier privacy policies sound alot more like backdoor policies.

G

i did a little experiment
i kept hitting refresh to see if it was the magnus banner
it is
everything is stable till that banner comes up then it's a immediate crash
mozilla here

fwiw

2 Kurious

dogstool said:
i did a little experiment
i kept hitting refresh to see if it was the magnus banner
it is
everything is stable till that banner comes up then it's a immediate crash
mozilla here

fwiw

Same here. Earlier today tried installing Mozilla 1.7.12. Went everwhere but here. Crashed every time. Went back to 1.5. Works so far. But I can not surf the forums here invisibly anymore.

2 Kurious

foaf

Veteran
its stupid to recommend someone change out a bunch of software just because someone put up a corrupt flash applet. Im all kinds of programming and internet saavy, and its not anyones fault except for that banner.

take it down, you can be sure plenty of people are crashing and not reporting it.

G

Sorry about that, I take it back, you shouldn't have to update software to run a Flash banner. I will make adjustments so it can have more compatibility.

It's wierd, because the Reservoir banner seems to work fine for everyone. Just curious, has anyone had problems with the Reservoir Seeds banner? (The black animated one with pictures of Sour IBL, Kill Bill, Diesel 39, etc..)

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
its the magnus flash banner only, and its still crashes everytime it plays.

see you guys later I guess

G

foaf said:
its stupid to recommend someone change out a bunch of software just because someone put up a corrupt flash applet. Im all kinds of programming and internet saavy, and its not anyones fault except for that banner.

take it down, you can be sure plenty of people are crashing and not reporting it.

Completely agree

G

the rez banner booted me a few times yeterday, thought id say so, but the magnus one is def a party pooper, pb

aeric

Veteran
Surfing this site has become an annoying experience due to this banner. I had to restart IE 4 times so far, that is only today. We've all been very nice and patient with this....SO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND

Latest posts

Latest posts