What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

welcome to the general gardening forum

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
A place to talk about all other cultivation except Cannabis (we have enough of that already here)

if you grow for a hobby or a market garden, flowers fruit or veg even Fungii (excluding the naughty ones)
this forum is for all you people out there that just love to watch things grow
then use it for food or just to admire it for its beauty in the case of flowers
this is the forum for you

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Glad to see this forum open up. Should be interesting to see some other plants from time to time.

nobull56

ICMag Donor
How about companion planting? Using plants to increase the effectiveness of your grow.

The most famous is the ‘three sisters; Corn, Beans & squash! They support each other in the grow & together make a complete diet!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

very cool OP, good idea, it was too hidden buried in the growers forum! ...this is way better :D thanks

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Woohoo...we've wanted a veggie forum for some time..Thanks ICmag!! We aprecciate it...

M

moses224

kewl since its "general gardening" ill have to get some shots of my succulents. I collect and grow them from all over. I also do peppers and stuff like that.....great idea

C

cellardweller

cool beans!
Don't know if we'll have time this year though..

HMMMM Fresh dug potatoes! Fresh green beans! Right off the vine tomatoes! HMMM! Sweet potatoes! Spinach! Come on Ma Nature..warm up my little area..and FAST!
Time for a Victory garden.

nobull56

ICMag Donor
How about companion planting? Using plants to increase the effectiveness of your grow.
The most famous is the ‘three sisters; Corn, Beans & squash! They support each other in the grow & together make a complete diet!

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
all other cultivation?

i suppose it would be more appropriate, what exactly is naughty? or at least, more naughty than cannabis....

I'd like to learn more about companion gardening.. like the Beans for the N for Corn.. and the Squash in between.. brilliant.
I just started my first garden for veggies this year based on my cannabis abilities. I'm already running out of room and need to make my garden bigger, but so far I've got in/and on the list- Raspberries, onions, lettuce, potatoes, Tomato's, Beans, Peas, Squash, Pumpkin, Carrots, Radishes, and more- but I'm outta room.
Cant wait for this .... its really fun watching them all grow.

I'd also like to learn more about the natural types of plants and flowers (I've always grown flowers, and have a huge Dhalia garden) which are natural bug repellents that I've seen people plant in their gardens in conjunction with their other plants... Nasturium's and such?? I dont really know...

Great idea OP