Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Jamaican Blue Mountain (not cbg's)

Thread Title Search
Click for Sweet Seeds!
Jamaican Blue Mountain (not cbg's) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2017, 05:52 AM #1
New hippydon

New hippydon has a spectacular aura aboutNew hippydon has a spectacular aura aboutNew hippydon has a spectacular aura aboutNew hippydon has a spectacular aura about
Jamaican Blue Mountain (not cbg's)

A few years ago i came into contact with a someone who was bringing in bud straight from jamaica. He told me that it was grown in or around albany jamaica which is near the peak of the blue mountains. He said it was the same strain that they grew back in the 70's the original long flower sativa. I cant verify what he was told but what incan tell you is, it is very sativa dominate if not pure sativa. I have yet to see any indica expression in it at all. The plant i had outdoors this year grew to about 12 1/2' tall before it started flowering and it grew another foot or two and then got too heavy to hold up its own buds and drooped down to about 10' tall. I yielded 18 oz off the one plant and it flowered for 16 weeks and statted flowering mid july. After a short cure all the buds turned a nice purple/brown color with a menthol/rotten fruit/citrus smell. The taste is very very fruity very sweet. The high is staggerinly uppy, you dont realize how high you are till you stand up and almost pass out. Its very electric weed, cerebral as all hell and when consuming higher doses can and will cause anxiety. Other than that its a wonderful example of a tropical sativa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3862.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	434357
New hippydon is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:37 AM #2
clearheaded

clearheaded will become famous soon enough
Awesome man! glad u have so much enjoyment ahead of you esp after all that work!!

I got giftd some "jamaica" beans from soem "primo" stuff hopefully turns out as great!

cheers!
clearheaded is online now Quote

Old 11-06-2017, 01:45 PM #3
Charles-scott

Charles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really niceCharles-scott is just really nice
Hi a colleague of mine who works at the university of the west indies was tasked with going throughout Jamaica and collecting all the Cannabis genetics he could to create a bank of genetics types and record genetic information , true Sativa is extremely rare on the Island i write now from Rural Jamaica and pretty much all the cannabis grown I have seen is indica and most have no idea what they are actually growing .
I have been in the Saint Marry (Albany) region the Cannabis is typical dark Brown Jamaican Herb , I would be really interested in seeing pictures of the plant growing if you had them just to satisfy my curiosity not that question you at all I will end with a Lambsbreath pheno dug out of Hybrids via selective inbreeding , I just wish I had 50,000 of the seeds .
haha soon I have them in my FB page will copy and return

Old 11-06-2017, 05:55 PM #4
New hippydon

New hippydon has a spectacular aura aboutNew hippydon has a spectacular aura aboutNew hippydon has a spectacular aura aboutNew hippydon has a spectacular aura about
I will pull out the pictures of the plant as it was growing and post them here for you. Yah like i said i couldnt really verify what he told me nor what he was told by anybody there as i have never been to jamaica or anywhere even close lmao. Alot of the older people i have smoke this herb tell me its very very reminiscent of the high grade jamaican herb of the 70's. I do knoa a ron of hybrid strains are being grown downt there.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:09 AM #5
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant future
Jamaica was probably the first place infected with dutch hybrids... Need that 80s Jamaican, weed had dreads

Old 11-12-2017, 01:07 PM #6
potty1

potty1 has a spectacular aura aboutpotty1 has a spectacular aura aboutpotty1 has a spectacular aura about
Dont they run two seasons?
Long season and short season?
Depending on what time of year it is will reflect on the predominance of indica v sativa?
potty1 is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 PM #7
New hippydon

As far as im aware some farmers do 2 seasons a long and a short the summer being the short hybrid season the winter being the sativa season. But i have never been to jamaican nor have i had the pleasure of meeting anyone who grows in jamaica to ask them about it

Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 PM #8
the_niño

the_niño will become famous soon enough
sounds like fun
the_niño is offline Quote