Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Alchimia Grow Shop & Philosopher Seeds > Philosopher Seeds > Early Maroc (Classic Line)

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Next Light Systems for LED lights
Early Maroc (Classic Line) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM #1
The Alchimist
Vendor

The Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Early Maroc (Classic Line)

Early Maroc by Philosopher Seeds

Genetics

Early Maroc comes from a very early selection of a pure strain (landrace) from Morocco.

Since this variety is particularly difficult to grow indoors, developing the feminized version became a long and hard work.

Cultivation of Early Maroc

Ideal for outdoor grows and Guerilla crops. Not recommended for indoor growers. Suitable for making dry sieved hashish.

Without a doubt, the best attribute of Early Maroc is its fast flowering. It is harvested in mid-August in temperate climates. We recommend germinating the seeds in late March or early April to harvest our plants in August. Photos and user comments of this early flowering cannabis strain can be seen on our blog.

Early Maroc produces robust, compact and easy to grow plants. It reaches average heights (125-175 cm), enough to provide good yields even with minimal care or if planted in arid soils. Its precocity and low demand of nutrients and water make it ideal for guerrilla growers.

If you plan to use pots, 50-60L containers will be enough for the plant to fully develop.

The lighting, nutritional and environmental conditions needed to grow this strain are special, so we do not recommend Early Maroc for indoor cultivation.

Taste and effects

The scent of the live plant is sweet, reminiscent of strawberry bubblegum. Once dried and cured, this scent is transformed into a spicy fragance with noble wood and black pepper notes.

The effect is slightly euphoric at first, becoming more relaxing after a while. This second phase is of short duration.

Early Maroc info:
  • Genetics: Morocco landrace
  • Sativa-Indica content: 100% Sativa
  • Outdoor harvest Northern Hemisphere: Mid/late August
  • Outdoor harvest Southern Hemisphere: Mid/late February
  • Outdoor yield: 350-450 g/plant.
  • THC: 17%

For further info please check our website and our article on the Early Maroc.

Last edited by The Alchimist; 08-11-2017 at 11:36 AM..
The Alchimist is offline Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:12 PM #2
Columbo1

Columbo1 is on a distinguished road
Muchas Gracias

Just wanted to say a big thank-you to Philospher seeds and The Alchimist for the free pack of 5 feminized Early Maroc seeds. I and a friend are currently growing a couple of these out. We can't do grow diaries but will try and keep people posted with a few pics along the way and of course a mini grow and smoke report at the end.

Gracias
Columbo1 is offline Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:19 PM #3
Columbo1

2/2 germination. Direct sow method.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:55 PM #4
dufous

dufous is a jewel in the roughdufous is a jewel in the roughdufous is a jewel in the roughdufous is a jewel in the roughdufous is a jewel in the roughdufous is a jewel in the rough
I did not know that this was 100% Sativa. I may have to grow it out next year. An early August finish would solve many problems for me.
dufous is offline Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:18 AM #5
Columbo1

Early Maroc #1 21 days from sow

Here's some pics of my Early Maroc plant designated EM#1. My buddies (EM#2) is in poor condition due to grower error and isn't likely to make it. He said it got fried on a hot day but I think he may have been over-watering. I could offer him another seed but it's too late in the season. Sorry guys.

Mine is in 20L of Canna Terra medium and gets fed 0.3ec water every four days or so. pH is a little under 7. The growth is pretty good for what I usually get at 3 weeks from seed. It has the startings of some good side branching already and has the fifth true node emerging now.

Any tips suggestions are welcome. I'm here to learn too.

Col.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:08 PM #6
The Alchimist
Vendor

The Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura aboutThe Alchimist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo1 View Post
Here's some pics of my Early Maroc plant designated EM#1. My buddies (EM#2) is in poor condition due to grower error and isn't likely to make it. He said it got fried on a hot day but I think he may have been over-watering. I could offer him another seed but it's too late in the season. Sorry guys.

Mine is in 20L of Canna Terra medium and gets fed 0.3ec water every four days or so. pH is a little under 7. The growth is pretty good for what I usually get at 3 weeks from seed. It has the startings of some good side branching already and has the fifth true node emerging now.

Any tips suggestions are welcome. I'm here to learn too.

Col.

View Image View Image
Hi mate,

I'm sorry for your loss!!

The Early Maroc doesn't like over-watering and she hates heavy feeding, so I think you're doing well!!

Are you growing her outdoors? Northern Hemisphere? I'd love to see her from seed to harvest!

Old 11-14-2017, 02:50 PM #7
Columbo1

Hi The Alchimist,

Yes I'm growing outdoors but in Southern hemisphere.

Of course I'll do my best to keep you updated on the grow

Col.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:35 AM #8
Columbo1

28 days from sow

Just a quick update. EM#1 is growing quite well for only 4 weeks from germination.

It is suffering from a minor pest problem however but this is relatively normal for this stage of growth at my location. Hopefully as she matures she will produce enough of her own natural defences to fight off the pests.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:14 PM #9
The Alchimist
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo1 View Post
Just a quick update. EM#1 is growing quite well for only 4 weeks from germination.

It is suffering from a minor pest problem however but this is relatively normal for this stage of growth at my location. Hopefully as she matures she will produce enough of her own natural defences to fight off the pests.

View Image View Image
Beautiful!! Thanks for the pics, fingers crossed they'll get rid of that pest...