Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 PM #1
JetLife175

JetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

Hey all,

Quick question. Why is it that TGAs gear just does not do it in the potency department for me and a lot of people I know? I've personally grown vortex, JTR, Jesus OG, time wreck and a couple others that allude me at the moment. The dude has his terpenes down. His flavors are amazing. Even the Jesus OG was lackluster at best. Its a complete shame because I really dig his gear. I always give it another shot but after this Jesus og run I might have to call it quits on TGA for good.
JetLife175 is online now Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM #2
Eureka Springs Organics

More than you have said this exact thing.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:25 PM #3
bigbag

bigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nicebigbag is just really nice
I'm sure Subcool would tell you to make Hash if you need a stronger hit...
bigbag is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 AM #4
macamus33

macamus33 will become famous soon enoughmacamus33 will become famous soon enoughmacamus33 will become famous soon enough
I grew JTR many moons ago. The pheno I kept for about a year was very potent and had tremendous flavor and yield.. I have some other selections of TGA in my seed collection/have not tried any others yet. I have packets of "Pandoras Box", "Ace of Spades", and "Cheese Quake" that I have not tried. So many different strains and not enough time/space to grow them all. LOL. Maybe I will try later this summer and see whats what? I have also heard of growers disappointed with TGA potency.
macamus33 is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 03:23 AM #5
JetLife175

JetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the roughJetLife175 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by macamus33 View Post
I grew JTR many moons ago. The pheno I kept for about a year was very potent and had tremendous flavor and yield.. I have some other selections of TGA in my seed collection/have not tried any others yet. I have packets of "Pandoras Box", "Ace of Spades", and "Cheese Quake" that I have not tried. So many different strains and not enough time/space to grow them all. LOL. Maybe I will try later this summer and see whats what? I have also heard of growers disappointed with TGA potency.

As my memories are coming back to me i remember being able to get an exceptional querkle during my stay in the southern states. Other than that, i havent many positive experiences with TGA genetics.

I almost feel like the guy breeds for bag appeal. I will say that his stable of breeding stock is not the norm of what the rest of the canna world uses, and i actually appreciate that. but on the bag appeal topic, I have on numerous occasions pulled out a jar of PRIMO looking TGA gear around my buddies, and they drool over it... Once we start smoking it, the mood always goes from "Wow" to "WTF" in no time flat. i can see using his stock as breeding material to acheive certain structures/terpene profiles, but other than that his gear is just not up to par.
JetLife175 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:29 AM #6
budman678
I come from the land where the oceans freeze

budman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to behold
I am a huge fan of subcool and the TGA crew, that being said most phenos don't knock you out. You can find some good ones but ain't no body got time for that.

The flavors are insane and the plants all make excellent hash...but over the years, I've realized I'm simply a SD fan. Ain't no bones about it. I like the fuel and the racy. Just acquired the nightmare diesel and am drooling

Ink the interest of full disclosure, I miss rezdog. I miss his gear. I just cut down some od kksc x sd ibl and I must say, god DAMN that is some good herb

FINISHED: D-Train (white domina x qrazy train), DinaFem's Blue Widow, DNA Genetic's Connie Chung ~~grown in organic super soil~~
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241162

FINISHED: Chemdog x C99 and Subcool's Querkle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229030
budman678 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:50 AM #7
sith44

sith44 has a spectacular aura aboutsith44 has a spectacular aura aboutsith44 has a spectacular aura about
TGA GEAR IS SESSION WEED
TGA is all about the flavor......we ran AGnet Orange or something like that I think...and sure enough just as mentioned above..the most killerOrange/Citrus flavor with the longest Orange hairs you've ever seen....but then there's the high....it's very light/moderate...nothing that will blow you away.but then again that's what's nice about it.. It's weed you can smoke and smoke for hours...delicious in flavor and you can still keep your head on straight. It's : SESSION WEEEED......

18 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:07 AM #8
Kcar
There are FOUR lights!

Kcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to behold
His new strain 'Quantum Kush' tested at over 30% THC....
Grew out some 'Ripped Bubba' that is pretty damn potent and tasty.
But I know what your sayin....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:09 AM #9
LAMBS-BREAD

LAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of lightLAMBS-BREAD is a glorious beacon of light
So whats the best TGA strain for flavor then?

LAMBS-BREAD is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 04:10 AM #10
wantaknow
ruger 500

wantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of lightwantaknow is a glorious beacon of light
my kind of kind ,now don't get me wrong everybody needs a killer indy in the stable ,just because ,but I like mellow weed ,that is ok all day then I want to hit the ,nite meds for a fast deep sleep ,this is why I am running starlet kush ,the daybreaker is apinch hit smoke for me ,fred flintstone weed , a little dab will do ya ,