Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Ace Seeds Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 (aka Congo Bongo)

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Ace Seeds Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 (aka Congo Bongo) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2017, 10:46 PM #81
ULMW

ULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to all
Greetings FinFarmer,
Congratulations on your new LED and also completing your first Ace Grow. Thank you for sharing your info and journal with us all. Loving the photos! Malawi rocking it nicely! 2 weeks with ripen. Yep. Should see you done nicely.
Look forward to seeing your next grows!
Happy Growing!
ULMW is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:01 AM #82
FinFarmer

FinFarmer will become famous soon enoughFinFarmer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULMW View Post
Greetings FinFarmer,
Congratulations on your new LED and also completing your first Ace Grow. Thank you for sharing your info and journal with us all. Loving the photos! Malawi rocking it nicely! 2 weeks with ripen. Yep. Should see you done nicely.
Look forward to seeing your next grows!
Happy Growing!
Thanks ULMW!

Malawi will be ready soon, you're maybe right about two weeks till finish. I start "flushing" within few days. By the way, any ideas is it good idea to adjust pH if using plain water (pH 7.5 or so on)? I normally don't adjust pH of flushing water because there ain't no nutrients for plant to take in and I don't like adding any Nitrogen of Phosphorus define that time...

I got new soil (Supreme Special Lightmix) and put it to a test. Bubba Kush X Purple PCK... We'll see how that works. Added some coco in it, about 20% and all kinds of benificial microbes. B.A.C, Canna or Biobizz not sure yet.
FinFarmer is offline Quote

Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 AM #83
FinFarmer

FinFarmer will become famous soon enoughFinFarmer will become famous soon enough
Malawi day 79 12/12

Sunday update time,

Ok, so little over 11 weeks has passed by. Flowering.
I think my lady has some nutrient burned leaves but they're old symptoms so I'm not too worried.

I've been using GHE Ripen, well I don't know how long, but perhaps some 10 days or something. Will keep on doing so until trichomes begins to look like it is time to cut off nutrients. Then plain water for one week minimum.

I can hardly wait to get first taster out of it, but "pick no buds before it's time" except maybe some testers, will be my guideline. To put it short: I will wait.

One thing bothers me a little bit is that I cannot have supplied high power light from straight above plants that Sativas should enjoy. It would be better than kinda sideway light I guess.

Anyways here's some pictures:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08828.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	434523 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08842.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	434524 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08843.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	434525 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08851.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	434526 Click image for larger version

Name:	MalawiCloseUp.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	434527

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 AM #84
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to all
Looking delicious FinFarmer!I am not sure because of the lighting,but looks like she probably won't need more than 2 weeks(of course always a matter of taste ),I would stop nutes at this point,but you know better what your girl needs .Great job ,looks like it's going to be a great yield!
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:24 PM #85
FinFarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Barrett View Post
Looking delicious FinFarmer!I am not sure because of the lighting,but looks like she probably won't need more than 2 weeks(of course always a matter of taste ),I would stop nutes at this point,but you know better what your girl needs .Great job ,looks like it's going to be a great yield!
Thanks Syd Barret!

Lights (HPS's and red LED) makes taking proper pictures hard and for some reason the quality of pics drops dramatically when inserting them here.
I haven't grown any Malawi's before so you may very well be right about that two weeks.
I think I will let the lady take nutrients for day or two and then change to plain water.
Trichomes are mainly cloudy, and some amber also but only few at this point. Don't know is it reasonable way to determine ripeness of the Malawi.

Yield will be somewhere around 125 - 150g, I believe. Not too bad, given the conditions haven't been so good as I would wanted.
This lady smells so amazing that I'm thinking to maybe reveg it, but not sure yet.
One more pic:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC08835.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	434577

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:25 PM #86
ULMW

ULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to all
Greetings FinFarmer!
Wow! Da gal got size! And yes you have done a lovely job with her. So happy her perfume is making you think to keep and reveg.
Am also happy with your harvest expected results. Sounds very nice.
You will surely enjoy her & Fruits of your labors!
Happy growing n Harvest!
ULMW is offline Quote

Old 11-06-2017, 11:07 PM #87
FinFarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULMW View Post
Greetings FinFarmer!
Wow! Da gal got size! And yes you have done a lovely job with her. So happy her perfume is making you think to keep and reveg.
Am also happy with your harvest expected results. Sounds very nice.
You will surely enjoy her & Fruits of your labors!
Happy growing n Harvest!
Thanks mate!

I have to drain the reservoir tomorrow of day after that and the add only water. Then after few days need to take small sample to figure out is it worth regenerating.
Too bad I have taken most branches and leaves from bottom of the plant, so if I regenerate it, it will be pretty tall gal

You will get your taster when it's time, that's res sure

Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 PM #88
FinFarmer

Malawi day 87 12/12

Good evening fellow people!

Day 87 flowering and still standing.
I changed the reservoir and added only water few days ago, maybe 6 or something. I didn't even change pH even though is it about 7.1 because I don't want to add anything to water at this stage. I'm not sure does the pH of water make much difference because there's no nutrients to intake...
EC 0.0. I use water from dehumidifier that is really pure.
I would like to hear some thoughts on changing pH during flushing.

There are some amber trichomes now but not much, perhaps some 3%.
Will keep her ripening some time still.

I did take small bud for test, but it's not quite dry yet to try. If it appears to be something truly special then I'll try to reveg it.
Here's few pictures:

And yes, I got new lights. I changed my two Gavitas (DE 6/750) to four CMHs.
My grow space is 2 meters tall/high and 1.9 X 1.8m so I think it's better to use 4 smaller wattage lights than 2 high power lights.
One light is Philips 315W 4100K CMH and three Philips 315 3000K. I had one (4100K) light already and got three 3000K with it. I will probably get new bulb to replace 4100K or another 4100 to replace one 3000K.
It is actually hard to see any difference between the colour of light but it is clearly visible in picture:

That's all folks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	M1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	435461 Click image for larger version

Name:	M2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	435462 Click image for larger version

Name:	M3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	435463 Click image for larger version

Name:	M4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	435464 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	435465

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:42 AM #89
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to all
She's looking stellar FF!From now on it is a matter of taste of when to harvest,the test bud will help.Looks like one more week would be enough.

I believe pure water is great,ph not important now as you say ...

Congrats on the light upgrade,too!
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 09:08 PM #90
ULMW

Fin Farmer! You doing a great job on Malawi. Really nice full bud structure with density now swomen too with resin by the tonne load. Guessing 10 to 14 days.

As your water is clean I doubt PH at this point past flushing to be of minimal influence to the harvested plant.
I flush then stop giving water til my coco goes dry then I wait to see the trich under my loop. If they are still too early then I give pure water until harvest but I try to harvest on a dry pot.
Can't wait to see how the CMH help trich development and general plant health compared to other lighting options.
Hope the other Aces are coming along well, too.
Happy growing! Soon Happy Harvest!!!
ULMW is offline Quote