Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2017, 02:27 PM #3411
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
What issues are you seeing at those levels?

Old 11-29-2017, 03:12 PM #3412
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Nope...balance matters. There are consequences anytime an element gets more than 15% above ideal
So what do you think the ideal Ca % is and at what moment in time?

And what % Ca did you hit to get that 10% Ca in the foliar analysis? What soil analysis procedure did you use to calculate this Ca% in the base distribution?

How about sharing this leaf and soil analysis here on this page?
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Last edited by slownickel; 11-29-2017 at 03:28 PM..

Old 11-29-2017, 03:14 PM #3413
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I thought you were getting tissue analysis.

It is pH driven. But if you are at a 6.4 pH you sure as hell don't need 85%. If you are over 7 you best be measuring tissue samples cause it varies all over the map depending on the pH of your fertilizer.

This shit is driven by light. There ain't no one size fits all solution. Measure is my suggestion. Anybody that says different is full of shit

measure
Sounds like you should read Tiedjens..... This shit is driven by light? Oh, please explain...

Sure seems you like to push the extremes for what ever reason.

As for pH, folks put way too much value in it as they don't understand what it means.
TO THIS WORLD

Old 11-29-2017, 03:30 PM #3414
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
I thought you were getting tissue analysis.

It is pH driven. But if you are at a 6.4 pH you sure as hell don't need 85%. If you are over 7 you best be measuring tissue samples cause it varies all over the map depending on the pH of your fertilizer.

This shit is driven by light. There ain't no one size fits all solution. Measure is my suggestion. Anybody that says different is full of shit

measure
Love to see your measurements. These comments coming from your experiences with those meters? Or from where?
TO THIS WORLD

Old 11-29-2017, 03:48 PM #3415
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
I never got around to tissue analysis. Sent one sample in and it was kicked back to me......

So back to 6.4 and not 6.8?
If I could magically get soil pH to come out exactly where I planned I would pick 6.4.But the truth is I never see the math work out that precisely. If I get between 6.2-6.8 I am happy

I find P and Cu the hard things to get cannabis to take up. I am gonna give up on Cu and just spray one of the glycine foliars. So far I have not found a foliar P that works for shit

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:49 PM #3416
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
good morning slow >>> i saw you mentioned Regalia in another thread ...has your experience shown you that this is an effective product?? & will it store over winter in an opened (but sealed) container??? ...peace

Old 11-29-2017, 04:04 PM #3417
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Love to see your measurements. These comments coming from your experiences with those meters? Or from where?
There is a lab in CO that can test for legal grows. Tissue test using ICP

And they are all perpetual so if one is so inclined one can see every week of veg and flower at once

The trick is keeping my beliefs out of it, designing good experiments and following the data

the ability to get that snapshot of the entire crop life at once is way cool

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM #3418
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
good morning slow >>> i saw you mentioned Regalia in another thread ...has your experience shown you that this is an effective product?? & will it store over winter in an opened (but sealed) container??? ...peace
Saw some pretty amazing control in Laytonville. This grower typically had huge problems, this season, with all the things we did in terms of nutrition, the only fungicide we used was Regalia. He had a great season! One last application in early flower and that was it!

No idea about the storage over the winter. I suggest calling the company and inquiring.

Did you use it this season? Care to share your experiences?
TO THIS WORLD

Old 11-29-2017, 04:38 PM #3419
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
There is a lab in CO that can test for legal grows. Tissue test using ICP

And they are all perpetual so if one is so inclined one can see every week of veg and flower at once

The trick is keeping my beliefs out of it, designing good experiments and following the data

the ability to get that snapshot of the entire crop life at once is way cool
I agree completely. I would argue though that your thinking historically has been linear. If it doesn't show up in your meter, or even in your leaf analysis, doesn't mean applying more is the answer.

This is why experimental design is so important.

Heard Reading was managing a grow in California, you know anything about that?
TO THIS WORLD

Old 11-29-2017, 04:40 PM #3420
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
If I could magically get soil pH to come out exactly where I planned I would pick 6.4.But the truth is I never see the math work out that precisely. If I get between 6.2-6.8 I am happy

I find P and Cu the hard things to get cannabis to take up. I am gonna give up on Cu and just spray one of the glycine foliars. So far I have not found a foliar P that works for shit
You can always apply phosphoric acid at half a point or so. Works great.

Give up on Copper? Wow.
TO THIS WORLD

Thread Closed