You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Industrial Hemp in Oregon

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
Industrial Hemp in Oregon Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2017, 02:30 PM #181
socioecologist

socioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
It was a while ago that you told us that the less common cannabinoids were going to be a major moneymaker for hemp growers, now its turning out to be the case. Is it safe to assume you have projects targeting other cannabinoids?
Most definitely! My biggest target right now are the propyls (i.e. -v). They are a challenge from a breeding perspective (spectrum rather than a switch) and I don't expect to have high concentrations in seed form for another 3 years honestly. The good news about the -varins though is that having those developed double our total number of cannabinoid types we can produce (CBD, CBG, THC + CBDV, CBGV, and THCV). The trick with -varins is that at least two independent lines must be simultaneously developed, then recombined once inbreeding stops becoming effective at increasing the total target cannabinoid fraction. We can do it, but it will definitely take some time.

We are always on the lookout for new plant varieties that are known to contain some "V" of any sort (CBDV, THCV, CBGV, etc.), as they are the building blocks of diversity required to create more pure lines later on.
socioecologist is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:06 PM #182
socioecologist

socioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nicesocioecologist is just really nice
Here's a shot of the world's first CBG rosin, made by one of our employees on his Sasquash V2 press. Taffy-like consistency and eminently dab-able. The pain relief is instantaneous. Muscle spasms and the degenerative pains recede for 20-30 minutes following each hit. Different compounds help people in unique ways, but this one is the most profound cannabis medicine I have (personally) ever consumed.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:44 AM #183
oldchuck

oldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to behold
I was unaware of the benefits of CBG. Doesn't seem to be much research on it. I am very interested.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 06:27 AM #184
socioecologist

Final test results on our pure CBG production clone for 2017. I can't stress enough how important it is to work with a lab that can produce accurate, replicable results. These numbers are much lower than you'll see from non-accredited labs in other states (more to come on that in the next week or so). Check out the LOQs (Limits of Quantification). Our lab (OG Analytical) is as good as they get. They can accurately report down to 0.1% on flower tests, which makes these results beyond fascinating.

First is from flower, second is from rosin (identical starting material). A lot of things making me go hmmmm in these. Previous test results produced equal parts CBD and THC, these did not. This species is so cool--I feel lucky for the chance to devote my life's energy to it. Hope you are all connecting the dots out there...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:50 PM #185
weedtoker

weedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the rough
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to socioecologist again.

Learning curve too much? (questions apart) Huge props for keeping the industry pushing really forward fellow Human.

Cheers, have a good one.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:23 AM #186
Skoops

Skoops is on a distinguished road
How do you deal with the smell of a large scale farm? Don’t the neighbors find it a nuisance?
Skoops is offline Quote

Old 11-18-2017, 05:21 AM #187
socioecologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoops View Post
How do you deal with the smell of a large scale farm? Don’t the neighbors find it a nuisance?
Agriculture is a protected farming activity in Oregon. In general, farm use trumps all else (sorry to invoke his name). Marijuana is not yet in that category, but hemp is. So, in a legal sense, zero cares are given.

From a regular human perspective where our actions do have an impact on others: it depends on the farm. We haven't heard a single complaint about smell. Granted, our valley farms are in a premier agricultural area and everyone knows us and what we are doing--almost everyone farms and most farmers are curious about alternative crops (once they learn it won't get you high). Our mountain seed farm is 20 miles from anyone who would care; valley farms are generally tucked away out of sight, but the one that has many who pass by will be interesting next year. The county sheriff has already been out to that farm because someone reported us as an illegal marijuana grow this year. In the same way as it was in the old days, good human-to-human communication is key.

2 members found this post helpful.