Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2017, 04:40 AM #1971
HaHaHashish

HaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the rough
for ghetto vacc-ing of cobs in reseal-able baggies, you can suck the air out yourself, but the best way is to place the bottom of plastic bag (with the cob inside) in a pot of just boiled water. It's best to leave the bag 10% open then submerge the bag slowly, this will shrink the sides of the bag inwards immediately, forcing the air up and out of the bag. Make sure you are holding open side of the bag up and out of the water (so no water gets inside the bag), use a wooden ladle (to prevent burns) to gradually push the bag slowly down into the water . when the water level is almost up to the seal, close the seal shut then lift up the bag and run your fingers (or fingernails) along the seal several times to make sure it really is 100% sealed. The bag will be shrink wrapped.

Is this as good as a vac machine?, no, but hey, this will do the job when you don't have one. Make sure to monitor the bags each day to make sure they are still look shrunken in and so are keeping the vacuum inside the bag.

Happy Cobbing!
HaHaHashish is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:49 PM #1972
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Chevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of light
Smoking on that cobbed Jack Herer now

The smell has intesified over the weeks, it now smells like full on sweet carrots (?!). but the carrot smell was already in the dried flowers at the beginning, so nothing crazy, but it's def. nice.
Taste has changed dramatically through. A bit like I imagine vaping tobacco would taste?! with a mouthful of sweet carrots and hints of glue, like the one used to lay out carpets (again ?!) and it will stick to the back of your throat for quite some time.
The smell of the smoke is very sweet and heavy frankincense and it's easy to inhale, no tingling or any hint of harshness.
The effects are slightly hectic upbeat first 15min, thoughts racing a bit, now it's lessened out into a nice mild high. Not in the body, more "behind the eyes" hahaha.
Fuck, I'm stoned
Well, realising this is pretty much what everyone else said too, but now, having tried it myself, this is something I'll keep in my repertoire ( not as a fully mastered skill of course, but simply as a way to cure weed, learning the the details from here on). Maybe not all the time, but I have a feeling I'll always have cob or two around from now on
Enjoy your sunday,
CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:10 PM #1973
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Chevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Tangwena and all others who contributed here,
This one's for you

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:21 PM #1974
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Chevy Chase put some sealed up away to age a re visit in a few months it will have changed even more and become more clearer to the point that you dont feel stoned at all just at peace and able to see clearly things that you cant see stoned.
A bit of experimentation with the drying and sweating times and you will find it will get even better.
Thank you for posting your experience and welcome to the cob club my friend.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:46 AM #1975
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Yeah Tangwena,
Just out of curiosity I took them both out again today.
(The bit I smoked today had been taken off the cob a couple weeks earlier, which was then resealed, and was stored in a small jar if anyone remembers).
It still has some moisture, so it doesn't dry crumble yet.
The slight ammonia part of the fermenting berries/lemon smell of the Sour Blueberry has worn off a bit, the Jack Herer still smells carrots and carpet glue. Sealed them both back up and will return occasionally. Or maybe just wait 2-3 months before going back ?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:43 AM #1976
the_niņo

the_niņo will become famous soon enough
def gotta give this a try sometime
the_niņo is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 06:00 AM #1977
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
Yeah Tangwena,
Just out of curiosity I took them both out again today.
(The bit I smoked today had been taken off the cob a couple weeks earlier, which was then resealed, and was stored in a small jar if anyone remembers).
It still has some moisture, so it doesn't dry crumble yet.
The slight ammonia part of the fermenting berries/lemon smell of the Sour Blueberry has worn off a bit, the Jack Herer still smells carrots and carpet glue. Sealed them both back up and will return occasionally. Or maybe just wait 2-3 months before going back ?
Sample and inspect often everyone likes it differently you need to find your prefered way to cure if you find that slot dry the cob to stop further fermentation and reseal to age.
A friend of mine Uniborzum aka the Saint dropped in the other day and because he is the Saint left me some samples.
The guy grows the best pot outside in the sun. But its his curing skills that have my attention.
His cobs are one of a kind the Chopper Read (by southern star seeds) in the picture has the consistency and smell of the best Pakistani hash it literally stinks up the room when you open the bag.
The high is party party party time no sleeping on this gear it has you jumping around like a grasshopper on speed also no paranoia just a cocky self assured smiling and laughing trip. You feel like Errol Flynn on this gear, you know what I mean the guy with the long sword ha ha.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 AM #1978
CannaRed

CannaRed will become famous soon enoughCannaRed will become famous soon enough
. Here's purple jar cured and a purple cob. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74758&pictur eid=1799980
CannaRed is online now Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 02:33 AM #1979
CannaRed

CannaRed will become famous soon enoughCannaRed will become famous soon enough
Can't figure out how to post pic
CannaRed is online now Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 05:51 AM #1980
Tangwena

Upload to an album you create in your IC then you can add them to your posts soundslike something I would like to see.