Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 07:40 PM #91
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
Heating if ya got wood...yeehaw..hydronic..heat air soil whatever you want..would last overnight even in new England winter's...
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 08:19 AM #92
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura about
Share some pics of the owb!!!!
For me it's overkill with my climate. But so so sexy
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 09:24 PM #93
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura about
Earth juice sea blast veg sucks. I'm pissed i got a 40 lb bag. It is nothing compared to sea grow. All the nitrogin is from urea. Burnt my plants on a hot day with a very moderate dose. Scorched.
I'm still going to try the seablast bloom but the veg is no bueno.
Sea grows #1 ingredient is that north Atlantic kelp that is just straight up growth hormone. And 3/4 Of the nitrogin is organic.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:43 AM #94
Speed of green

Speed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura about
Looking into getting a couple pellet stoves for the greenhouses, can you recommend a brand/model.

was looking at this one.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...per-2200-sq-ft

also does yours have a thermostat? id like something that kicks on automatically when the temp drops below 65. maybe you have a simple solution to this.

i was reading about some of them running in standby constantly until the temp drops and then it increases the feed rate.

Thanks in advance!
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 05:45 AM #95
queequeg152

queequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of green View Post
Looking into getting a couple pellet stoves for the greenhouses, can you recommend a brand/model.

was looking at this one.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...per-2200-sq-ft

also does yours have a thermostat? id like something that kicks on automatically when the temp drops below 65. maybe you have a simple solution to this.

i was reading about some of them running in standby constantly until the temp drops and then it increases the feed rate.

Thanks in advance!
cant comment on the particular stove, by my aunt/uncle had a pellet stove that ran as you say...

you basically needed to put in a handfull of pellets then light it with this wierd blue gel.

after that it will run 24/7 so long as pellets are in the hopper ramping up and down based on the indoor temps.

nowadays most of the pellet stoves have ceramic cartridge ignitors... and even the pellet grills have them.

basically works like a furnace ignitor. you have a sequencing board that runs the cartrige heater untill it glows red hot while adding pellets.
if the thermostat does not detect heat in the chamber after x minutes it will shut down down the ignitor after a few minutes.
queequeg152 is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 04:45 AM #96
Speed of green

Speed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed of green has a spectacular aura about
got it, sounds like a simple effective design. Thanks for your input queeq.

I have another question im trying to sort out that may be right up your alley.

I have exhaust fans that are 240v, they are controlled by a humistat - thermostat combo via direct contactor and 120v trigger from the humistat-thermostat combo.

I also have circulation fans that run constantly.

ideally i would like the circulation fans to turn off when the exhaust fans come on.

is there a relay i could wire to the 120v trigger of the humistat - thermostat that would disconnect the power supply to the circulation fans when the exhaust fans are triggered on.

basically like a direct contactor that works in reverse, disconnecting the poles when the 120v coil is energized.

Last edited by Speed of green; 11-15-2017 at 05:10 AM..

Old 11-15-2017, 09:39 PM #97
CrushnYuba

don't do any of those tractor supply garbage ones from China. they are all made by us stove company. us stove is huge and they own like 20 brands. all shit though. good lick getting parts or someone to help if it breaks down. I use timber ridges. i get dented ones or refurbs discounted online. the nice thing about them is their tech support. they Will walk you through fixing stuff yourself.

all are auto ignition these days but not all have thermostat or work the same with thermostat.
mine have 2 Modes. on/off or high low. allot of stoves only do high low. for real automation you need on off. it Will start on it's own and then turn off on it's own when it reaches temperature like a propane furnace would. high/low mode, the stove never fully turns off when it reaches temperature.
home depot and lows both carry timber ridge stoves under the names summers heat and england stove works. get one with on off. timber ridges are the best for the money. a 4k$ Harmon might be better, but it's 4k.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:56 PM #98
CrushnYuba

you can easily do that with a relay. just connect it so when the relay is closed its off. easy cheesy. either use a double throw, or a normally closed single throw.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:48 AM #99
Speed of green

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
don't do any of those tractor supply garbage ones from China. they are all made by us stove company. us stove is huge and they own like 20 brands. all shit though. good lick getting parts or someone to help if it breaks down. I use timber ridges. i get dented ones or refurbs discounted online. the nice thing about them is their tech support. they Will walk you through fixing stuff yourself.

all are auto ignition these days but not all have thermostat or work the same with thermostat.
mine have 2 Modes. on/off or high low. allot of stoves only do high low. for real automation you need on off. it Will start on it's own and then turn off on it's own when it reaches temperature like a propane furnace would. high/low mode, the stove never fully turns off when it reaches temperature.
home depot and lows both carry timber ridge stoves under the names summers heat and england stove works. get one with on off. timber ridges are the best for the money. a 4k$ Harmon might be better, but it's 4k.
Thanks ill look into the brands and see what i can come up with, i need to heat a couple 2600sqft greenhouses. i was thinking a single 50-60k btu stove per greenhouse should do the trick? any thoughts. i have really good horizontal air flow so distribution shouldnt be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
you can easily do that with a relay. just connect it so when the relay is closed its off. easy cheesy. either use a double throw, or a normally closed single throw.
Okay, I understand the SPST NC relay & think it would be simple, however i cannot find one with a 120vac coil everything ive found is DC coil.

is it easier to find a DPDT in 120vac?

where do you source your electrical bits?

Thanks again i really appreciate all your help, where did you learn all this stuff anyway?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:21 AM #100
CrushnYuba

A 50k stove might be a stretch. But i know you have warmer weather. also depends how much of a temp bump you are looking for. maybe check one of those greenhouse heat calculators online.
Single layer poly really doesn't have much insulation. Getting heat 100ft plus can be hard but not impossible with HAF. In my climate a 50k stove is maxed out and somewhat stretched on some nights at 1200 sq ft. i would think with your size you would need at least 2. One on each end.

check automation direct for relays. they are really easy to find. depends how many amps you are trying to run through it though.