Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > Who uses a vaporizer...

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Who uses a vaporizer... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2017, 08:29 PM #141
Juan Budd

Juan Budd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
Only had the CFX since yesterday but it is testing very well My Arizer Solo and Air taste better but the CFX is significantly better in every other way. Battery life and power are amazing. 10 second heat up time. I can put a joint's worth of weed in the thing and take it to work. Be awesome if the plastic taste goes away.
How's it going with your CFX? Did the taste improve?

JB.
Juan Budd is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:53 PM #142
RB56

RB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Budd View Post
How's it going with your CFX? Did the taste improve?

JB.
Plastic taste is gone. I think I get a hint of it occasionally but it's at least as likely that I'm imagining that. Either way, it's not an issue for me. I'm going through weed a lot faster than I did with the Arizer Solo and Air. I'm also using it more than the others, so that's part of it. I don't care - probably most here don't. The vapor is much thicker and richer, so well worth it to me. Gets me high much faster.

I haven't cleaned the mouthpiece yet but that should just take some disassembly and isopropyl. The included tools do an outstanding job of cleaning the device between uses.

It feels quite durable and hasn't had any problems spending days in my pants pockets banging into things. How that turns out will determine how good the value is, but highly recommend it, with that caveat.

I started with a table top vape. Wanted portable, so go a Magic Flight Box. It worked, but finicky and slow as hell. Got a Solo. That was good enough to put away the desktop unit. Wasn't as good as the desktop, but close enough to not bother with 2. CFX feels like as much of an advance as it was between MFB and Solo. Still use the Air and Solo a little, for totally pure, tiny hits.
RB56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:57 PM #143
RB56

RB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of lightRB56 is a glorious beacon of light
Forgot to mention that the 10 second heat up time is wrong. That's how long it takes for the heater to get to temperature but you want the heat the herb for another 20-30 seconds to get good vapor production. Very powerful and long lasting battery, nonetheless.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 09:59 PM #144
superx

superx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud of
Is the CFX convection/conduction or hybrid ? looks like the poor mans mighty...

Not casting aspersions, I have the mighty is the CFX superior ? I was always under the assumption the mighty is one of the best portables on the market along with the firefly2, not sure where the CFX fits in? Does it have unique features I am not aware of? tnx
superx is online now Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 11:09 PM #145
Green Squall

Green Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond reputeGreen Squall has a reputation beyond repute
Hows the CFX with small loads? I think my dad wants a vape. I gave him a spoon and he says it can be harsh. This coming from someone who smoked cigs for 30 years lol.

Is the CF just a smaller version?
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 03:01 AM #146
RB56

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
Is the CFX convection/conduction or hybrid ? looks like the poor mans mighty...

Not casting aspersions, I have the mighty is the CFX superior ? I was always under the assumption the mighty is one of the best portables on the market along with the firefly2, not sure where the CFX fits in? Does it have unique features I am not aware of? tnx
Don't know how the Mighty and CFX compare. As I said, I was set on the Mighty, about to pull the trigger when I started to run into posts from unhappy users complaining about QC and CS problems that weren't resolved. Just not willing to take the risk at that price point.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 03:07 AM #147
RB56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Hows the CFX with small loads? I think my dad wants a vape. I gave him a spoon and he says it can be harsh. This coming from someone who smoked cigs for 30 years lol.

CFX works fine with small quantities. If that were my exclusive use, I'd probably stick with the Arizer Air or Solo. Air's battery doesn't last as long as the Solo, but the Air lets you excange batteries on the fly. For all I know, there could be many better options out there. These are just the ones I've used.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 AM #148
superx

superx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud ofsuperx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
Don't know how the Mighty and CFX compare. As I said, I was set on the Mighty, about to pull the trigger when I started to run into posts from unhappy users complaining about QC and CS problems that weren't resolved. Just not willing to take the risk at that price point.
No problem, if you get a chance Try the mighty....

Dried flowers or extracts, whats your preference ?

Old 11-14-2017, 04:59 AM #149
RB56

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
No problem, if you get a chance Try the mighty....

Dried flowers or extracts, whats your preference ?
Definitely be great to do a side by side.

Flowers, exclusively.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 08:49 PM #150
superx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post

Hey Gs, did you make a decision? Seems the CF is the down grade..

Sometimes you cant teach an old dog - new tricks....