What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Yeah GDW, there will be pollen flying soon... Just a few lower branches on this one, but there are several cuttings just ready to go in the isolation chamber with the males in a couple of weeks... Same thing for the C99 I'll be showing later, The lowers pollenated on her, and some of the cuts sharing the isolation chamber... :D

G

WOW,
those in the isolated chamber are going to yield a nice seed harvest for sure. Should be able to keep up with the demand then. :) If you do a full open air pollenation. You should have seeds in the thousands. Good luck and can' wait to see more. That C99 you got is a nice one. Can't beat that girl for sure.
Take care,
BG

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks right on target to me. :) They're loving life right now. A few weeks from now... lookout!

My coco plants are tearing it up too, man. :) Lots of fun! Like you mentioned before, bro, the roots are growing so fast they grow right out of the medium... white, hairy, new roots popping right out into the air. Stuff's turning out to be quite an asset.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Thanks CC! Glad you stopped by... The coco Is quite an asset indeed... It's not difficult to see why the coco growers swear by it. I'll be swearing by it too, it seems...

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Grat3fulh3ad again. :D looking great my friends...:wave:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Highyas FJohn and OHenry :wave: thanks for stopping by... Should be able to get a couple more pics done in the next couple of hours...

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful plants, great job with the coco.....a couple runs to dial them and your be pulling some massive yields (although to be honest they are looking like they will 1st time out).
Peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very nice looking update, plants look generously fed green, they should explode with bud in the next weeks, i for one, look forward to seeing it here live so to speak, lol.

i hope i don't miss too much progress while at the 420, lol. wish you guys were coming too.
peace

G

lovely display heads! :D everybody's switching to coco, maybe its time i drop the ffof. :chin:

Looks great H3ads...been using coco, perlite, and GH nutes for a couple years and love the results. Not quite as dialed in as youse guys....always experimenting with some different additives.

Anyways...Great Show...tagged:lurk:

JC

The Budfather

hey Head im very interested in your style of coco, i too could not find coco specific and i dont like going to the hydro stor very often so i want a chemical nute that doesnt go bad so i can buy large qauntities of it to be stored.
i plan on trying this formula of yours the 6ml and 9ml but will be using cal-mag instead of epsom is this enough? should i use any catalyst?

have you noticed any more positives or negatives with this formula?

what is your ph with this formula?

has everything been frosting and developing as usual?

im no newb to coco just newb to anything but foxfarm,
but what it will also do is go bad withing a year and i only like going to the hydro store everyonce and a while

thanx :wave:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
pH 5.8 - 6.0 ...
Everything seems as usual, but a bit quicker and larger :D...

So with the 6 and 9 formulation... we have, in parts per million:
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

adding enough cal mag to bring the Mg close to the target 60 ppm will also increase the Ca to 148 ppm which seems quite a bit high to me, it also brings the N up to 129...

The target numbers I shoot for are 100 - 100 - 200 - 60 for N-P-K-Mg, normally... but for the coco I think the lower P and K are needed...
Also, although a wide range of ratios in the K-Ca-Mg relationship will provide optimum growth, it is generally accepted that there should be a bit more K than Ca, and a bit more Ca than Mg... This was why I chose epsom over cal-mag...

It will be interesting to see how the 6/9 nute formula performs with cal-mag instead of epsom, be sure to post me a link to your grow show...

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Mr H3ad
howzit great i hope. Man great thread just with in the start itself thanx for sharing..
hope this thread gets filled with lots of good info quickly keep this going please.. peace..

sack

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Heya there Sacko! :wave: It's just awesome to see you back around and posting again... missed ya in your absence. No worries... I plan to continue this thread for quite some time and update it frequently.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Mr h3ad
Thanx man. nice to be back around and seeing good ole friends. And meeting a few new. Outta the 23 bazillion that are now here. lol :yoinks:... So Now its time to get a lil edumacation in coco so let it fly brother.. peace.. bbl..

sack :wave: