What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Thai Revival

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could be the first from this lot.

Attachments

• Chocolate Thai 93-1-1.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 93-1-1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Chocolate Thai 93-1-2.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 93-1-2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Chocolate Thai 93-1-3.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 93-1-3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 41
I called 14er Holistic and Chocolate Thai f4 are $35 USD for 6 seeds. 14er Chocolate Thai crosses noted range from $35 - $50 USD for 6 seeds. 14er sells 6 seeds for as much as $100 USD. The budtender I talked to, like me, doesn't know anything about Chocolate Thai. ICMag member ~ homebrew420 runs 14er Holistic dispensary. My guess is ~ homebrew 420 is the breeder, or the one in the know.

The good news is if you get a decent germination rate, you're a millionaire!

PS> I often get a chuckle about - today's value of the 1975 Highland Oaxacan Gold seeds - I tossed in the yard and garden.

Maybe it come from Drawoh`s Choc Thai f2 seeds, just a guess... :chin:

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey zanddar,

ill be staying tuned for this one
looking forward to seeing some choc thai babies reaching for the light soon

thanks
GA

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran

He be the man with Chocolate Thai in hand.

Chocolate here and chocolate there. Chocolate everywhere to share. No shortage of chocolate for the people that care.

These have gold markings of something special.

Attachments

• CH Thai.jpg
    CH Thai.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 47

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This one is dark chocolate.

Attachments

• Chocolate Thai 1-4-4.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 1-4-4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Chocolate Thai 1-4-3.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 1-4-3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Chocolate Thai 1-4-2.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 1-4-2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Chocolate Thai 1-4-1.jpg
    Chocolate Thai 1-4-1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 44

nonstop

:lurk:
i found some chocolate thai in Amnesia coffeshop in Amsterdam last year. I told the budtender i ll have some chocolate thai cause i like chocolope and he said why? what does chocolope have to do with chocolate thai? how do they pick these people to work in their shops? The smoke was nice but more of a hybrid stone than a real landrace sativa , i dont think it was the real deal.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx for link idiit

Unknown or Legendary - O.G. Chocolate Thai

DNA Genetics: i got these seeds from key's of choc thai back in the early 90's we selected for the best traits and quick finishers.
we made only a few seeds of this and Drawoh is the man thats keeping it alive by inbreeding it more.

Sounds like what I am doing right now. Plan on doing lots of breeding with it and keeping it pure.
Good to know someone is keeping it pure and available to others.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran

Those Drawoh's Choc Thai F2 from Idiit's links point towards an old thread at Breed Bay and no way look like the legendary 70s imported thais that DJ Short and other OGs were speaking about. Those are definitely hybrids, like the Lemon Thai. So maybe source was Dutch Flower's as well or just another heirloom thai hybrid from back in the days.

Drawoh's Choc Thai F2, pics sourced from those threads, taken at 43 days flowering only!:

choc_thai1.jpg

choc_thai_3_1.jpg

Before chopping at 59 days! I definitely see lotta kush in those!

We chopped her last night, 59 days from switch to 12/12. The smells have changed in the last 2 weeks. There's no more hints of chocolate just skunk and musky hints of bo. She was easily the heaviest producer out of that light. We staked her, but it was more to keep her from tipping over her small 1 gallon pot because her stalks were more than strong enough to hold her big buds. Those big stalks turned out to be hollow when we trimmed her. She made more scissor hash than I expected too, had to scrape the fiskers 3 times. Didn't think to get pics of that. I will have pics of the dry buds when we get back home tho.
og_choc_thai_4.jpg

Anyway, that could make them even better for the indoor grower though as the plants look pretty nice. Let's see what comes out from those beans, having a thread with so much expectation on a few exotic seeds it's always exciting so let's see the result.:biggrin:

Vibes.

Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's see what comes out from those beans, having a thread with so much expectation on a few exotic seeds it's always exciting so let's see the result.:biggrin:

Vibes.

Thx for the good vibes.

I can't sleep at night knowing what someone dropped on my lap.
Got a few hundred seeds and a very small amount germing.
Just have to hope I find something good.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Well this thread got big fast :D Do you know how the seeds were stored? It's nothing short of a miracle that so many have popped after all this time. Good luck!

Those Drawoh's Choc Thai F2 from Idiit's links point towards an old thread at Breed Bay and no way look like the legendary 70s imported thais that DJ Short and other OGs were speaking about. Those are definitely hybrids, like the Lemon Thai. So maybe source was Dutch Flower's as well or just another heirloom thai hybrid from back in the days.
Yeah that thai doesn`t look like a typical wild tropical sativa. Most probably some hybrid. I remember few years ago people were hyping around those Drawoh`s seeds. :D