What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

artists weed

paint4420

HELLO! ICMAG! hope you dont mind me posting here for my first post! i got question, im an artists by nature but latley i've been lacking in my ability to produce create and get down to buisness. i think i've been smokin the wrong stuff.

in this vast sea of knowledge, im hoping some of you an help me identify a strain that has a highly functioning sativa qualitys but with that creative boost you get.

im looking for that muse bud, the one that inspires and helps you create.

i dont care how long it takes i just gotta keep it under 5 feet

i've been looking at himalayan gold or jack herer but they all seem the same im hoping one has stuck out or at least takes the cake for helping us artists create!

and im hoping saving a bit of money, by overgrowing my closet will help out the poor starving artists in me! :artist:

and if all works out look for a line of airbrushed macro shots of trichs im finding lots of insperation on this forum from some of you fine fine farmers! :thank you:

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
cannalope haze, kali mist(pre98 cut) and c99 .....i think any other haze will do it, too

there is a cut in the netherlands, cannalope haze, but in my opinion it could be c99 as well(i always say yellow weed , because its always sooo yellow ;-) ), and this is one of the best weed i smoked when it comes to creativity and activation...

i have a nevilles haze x mango haze clone, that does the job 100%, too! ;-)

wdr

Veteran
I heard Satori (Mandala) is an "artists weed", didint smoke it , just heard about it. Ive smoked c99- is a nice, active weed to.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am a guitarist...
i prefer hearty indicas ala bubba and chem d for "getting ready for work"
it helps me relax and allow the whateveritisyouwanttocallit to channel thru and i can make music
my body & subconscious connect at a better, deeper level

i dont want to play guitar/make music when i smoke 'creative sativas' - i start looking for the killer indica... then i can switch the marshall to 'on'

but everybody gets high differently

hope you find what youre looking for

paint4420

i am a guitarist...
i prefer hearty indicas ala bubba and chem d for "getting ready for work"
it helps me relax and allow the whateveritisyouwanttocallit to channel thru and i can make music
my body & subconscious connect at a better, deeper level

i dont want to play guitar/make music when i smoke 'creative sativas' - i start looking for the killer indica...

but everybody gets high differently

hope you find what youre looking for

incredible insight! i reach a certain "zen" when i get deep into the middle of a painting late late at night tha ti think you are reerring to and that is the point im trying to get to... my problem is in im lacking that actual motivation and creative streak i had a few years ago...i believe this is due to one of two things my full time job and not being emersed in my art any more.... or you just loose your creative abilitys the older you get? :dunno:

my feling art/creativity is like a muscle if you dont use it for a long time it becomes week. your body starves it of the things it needs and eventually it withers away or gets cut off by a docotor

IM NOT GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN!!
so im hopping the medicine of the people will enlighten my path and get me back in practice!

so lets see traits im looking for

motivation
ass fire
something with a good smack to the noodle!!!:jump:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i understand your dilema
i feel you ive gone thru it at times too
its that block. BUST THRU THAT BITCH

might i suggest trying a new brush or technique or SOMETHING! to accompany the new smoke

sometimes you need to shake things up

and try to do your thign at least 10minutes a day!!!!
(^^^so you stay sharp!!!!)

smokefrogg

Veteran
is it possible for you to do some painting in a completely different physical space than what you are used to?

i am into music, and sometimes i will drag an amp and some beatboxes and synth and whatnot out to the middle of fricking nowhere, desert, beach, forest, wherever! and just blast the f out of it man, i get different ideas, i get different thought processes going on

just being in a different place than the norm does "it" for me!!

herb is nice too, but honestly i haven't had much that really gets me mota-vated for creativity, some thai or a strong haze can but the location thing is bigger for me and most effective

i hope you find a way to break on through!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ thats soo the truth different rooms/spaces each offer their own creative influences

i agree and subscribe to the school that herb doesnt bring motivation to the creative but it helps amplify (or minimize in some cases haha) the creativeness available on tap.

edit: maybe some new tunes will inspire you? fresh sound waves can simulate your thought process in good ways too.

paint4420

i really like this forum i think im gonna stick around for a while!! haha i wish i could change location. but that has become one of my large problems you see my enviroment for reativity is a small garage filled with crap that belongs in storage.... and tools and all sorts of other things. its so hard to create that comfortable enviroment that i need something to focus my efforts on either elimnating the negatives around me or be able to have enough motivation energy to get that big gigantic mess cleaned so i have a nice place to create.

what i really need to do is make the whole thing mobile and spend a week, month, year, years, decades in the mountains painting

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Very cool thread from one artist to another. I often wondered what would be the best artists weed. I usually just smoked what ever I had and did OK. But I always did wonder what would be some of the best strains to use though. I paint some but I mainly draw and do native and other crafts. Good music with good herb is my M.O. some times an old movie in the venue that I'm trying to connect with works with some smoke. I'm going to grow some Aurora and Papaya and try those. I understand though about finding that zone to work in, it's very important for me to have that room or place, to be able to be in that moment to create freely what I feel. Good luck with your quest. :artist:

Gert Lush

Veteran
NepJam, Satori, RSC Nepali or anything else with Nepalese genetics and you won't be disappointed.
C99 or Apollo are OK too, especially if crossed with wilder sativas.

The above I can vouch for.
If I was wanting to try something new, I'd go for A.C.E.'s Guawi (Guatemala/Malawi)

!PeAcE!

anything does the job for me, weed just prevents me from realizing how tired i am to stop playing lol so i keep going and going because im more concentrated on how awesome it sounds (i play drums 19+years) rather than how tired I am. But I can certainly see certain weeds unlocking a special sense when it comes to music.

xet

:bump:

A real specialty hybrid fits the bill here.

Some of my favorites

Blue Diesel
Key Lime Pie (GSC Pheno)
Different Durban Poison phenos
Cat Piss
Trainwreck
Blue Dream (outdoor!)

My guess is something on the sativa dominant, indica hybrid.

Creativity is a balance of releasing the mind and easing the body to hit that state of excitement, keep up the euphoria, and relax the body (bye back pain) and then fly through the art and recharge and recharge and not get hit with a heavy sleep in 2 hours.

Definitely curious of others input

baduy

I'm into weed that doesn't block creativity either.A heavy indica is OK for going to sleep but I love an electric weed making thoughts flow freely.
My favorites which kan be kept to a manageable height are Queen Mother, Bangi haze, Satori (and Lebanese if you can do a little pheno hunting)

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I'd recommend mild "satties" for enhancing your creativity and still let you to focus and be productive at the same time without being too spaced out.

Once the effect fades away, you could toke as needed and forget about getting too lazy or couch-locked.

I think it's a matter of dosage but I'd stay away from strong commercial hybrids and stick with stimulating genetics.

Koondense

Veteran
Old thread but an everlasting quest.
My thoughts would be similar to Mustafunk's, something "light" with slight mind altering properties. Possibly zero body stone or any kind of sedation.
Actually re-thinking about it, these are exactly the qualities I seek in varieties I choose to grow.
So far the most artistic was Cognition(Congo P.N. x Nepal highland; TTSCO/HdB), had a twisty effect, the kind that makes you feel like nothing has changed and yet everything was different :) In a very nice way, a breeze of change.

picture.php

I had this plant outdoors and took a clone for indoor, the effects were very similar and I still remember the first smoke from the outdoor plant, it was very stimulating and different to any other herb I tried. Sadly the clone is lost but I have a few seeds left, maybe I find another like that one.

Cheers