Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Bubble Hash with Trim/Tiny Buds

Thread Title Search
Bubble Hash with Trim/Tiny Buds Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2018, 04:04 AM #11
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
I run my buds/trim in the Cuisinart, couple pulses.

Increased yields and took less time.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:21 AM #12
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by illumin8100 View Post
Can someone please reply with the real reason you can't grind buds before bubble hash. I want to get as much as possible extracted from my mid buds that i plan on using. Like 3 0z total. I don't want edibles or don't like solvent based hash.... I'm just wondering why i cant put it all in a chopper prior to freezing then mash the hell out of it in the bags.....

People say you dont want to do that but it makes no sense to just get trichomes on the outside.
Who wants tiny pieces of stem or leaf in their concentrate ?

The point of Bubble Hash is to let the physics of the Cannabis buds & Cannabis Leaves do its magic. The fragile parts are also the parts that have the THC & other psycho active goodies, the trichomes.

The bubble hash process is designed to capture that goodness.

The rest of the bud is still useful. Time-wise it might be better to use a solvent.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2018, 11:59 PM #13
Hookahhead

Hookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
The point of Bubble Hash is to let the physics of the Cannabis buds & Cannabis Leaves do its magic. The fragile parts are also the parts that have the THC & other psycho active goodies, the trichomes.

The bubble hash process is designed to capture that goodness.

The rest of the bud is still useful. Time-wise it might be better to use a solvent.
Phatty is right. Bubble hash is a physical separation, not a chemical one. The idea is that you are knocking the bulbous trichromes off the plant, and then sift them out. By running your material in a grinder or food processor, you're already busting up those heads. This spreads the oils they contain onto the plant matter. You wouldn't notice any real difference in the quality if you smoke or solvent extract the plant matter at this point, but it will severely diminish your yields for bubble hash.

Busting your buds up also has a secondary effect of making it easier for chlorophyll to be extracted from the ruptured plant cells. This will result in a "greener" tasting product. You can probably rinse the wet hash with lots of plain water to remove this, but why add an extra step?
Hookahhead is offline Quote

Old 10-29-2018, 11:41 AM #14
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahhead View Post
Phatty is right. Bubble hash is a physical separation, not a chemical one. The idea is that you are knocking the bulbous trichromes off the plant, and then sift them out. By running your material in a grinder or food processor, you're already busting up those heads. This spreads the oils they contain onto the plant matter. You wouldn't notice any real difference in the quality if you smoke or solvent extract the plant matter at this point, but it will severely diminish your yields for bubble hash.

Busting your buds up also has a secondary effect of making it easier for chlorophyll to be extracted from the ruptured plant cells. This will result in a "greener" tasting product. You can probably rinse the wet hash with lots of plain water to remove this, but why add an extra step?
If you grind your material while its frozen and the trichomes are brittle then they just snap off at the neck instead of getting damaged and crushed like they do grinding at room temp. The resulting hash you get working on the ground stuff is noticeably greener than otherwise, but not too much more so. The volume of returns increases substantially, in the 250% range when I tried it with small buds and larf, and the greener, particulate laden stuff can be cleaned up further, squishing it in a rosin press is a good trick for that. I usually use the Cuisinart like Dropped Cat, that might even be who I learned it from. If you do the puritanical unmolested style then you end up with a good amount less weight of primo hash than you would squishing the ground material's hash to primo rosin.
The stuff in the photo is 20-220 micron or something like that.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:08 PM #15
Hookahhead

Hookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura about
More experience and better evidence than I can provide... I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.
Hookahhead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:02 AM #16
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahhead View Post
More experience and better evidence than I can provide... I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.
I'm tried to be a fairly dedicated and well studied pothead for a somewhat long time now and its always very pleasing when someone acknowledges the fruits of my efforts, thank you, I hope it helps you out.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote