What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FFA 4 weeks > Finish

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good Hazeseeker. :) Once she gets resinated, you'll be rubbing and smelling the buds every time you're in the room. :)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice man! i am a recently converted big fan of lst. i actually bend it over literally double so its pointing straight down so i dont end up with too much overhang of to the side of whatever pot im transplanting too. give em some veg time now and you will be rewardes with quite an increase in yield! good job....sub

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a big fan of breaking the stems so the tips point staight downward. The bend heals, and the tips will grow back upward. When you have some experience with this technique, you'll know where to break so all the tops grow back at the same height... maximizing light efficiency.

I will use this technique all the way through the first week of flower to great effect.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i work in tents....i have a "maximum posible yeald" for my space..

i find. creating a canopy with a layer of bush to catch all the extra light is the only way to maxout the yeald........i pop stems to keep it all level with eachother, but once the canopy is made, i flip to flower,,,,its only 2 weeks veg,,,an the area is full

poping the stems is just as good as LST,imo

H

Hazeseeker

Hi CC, Sub + Rick,
that's something i've never tried before (supercropping), i usually just use the bamboo canes and string, most of the time just training once - lowering the main shoot/cola down as far as possible opening up the strcture at the same time,
once i've got a few of the FFA's growing at once i'll try supercropping for the first time to see how it goes:joint:

peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

i toughen up the stems untill they develope the canopy,,,,

then i lay them on the pea net.."i find laying them on the pea net makes big bud`s with funny week "thin stems"....all the energy needed to support the buds is used in other places because they ar laying on the net

H

Hazeseeker

Nice grow room Rick:joint:,
still in veg at the minute with this girl, the little training seems to be working
out very nice, gonna end up with 7-9 main leaders,
gave a slight feed of N on the last watering of 0.5ml/5l due to it being
grown in re-used all-mix

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

peace

H

Hazeseeker

this is the reason i love jiffy pellets so much:yes:,
FFA cuttings rooted in 7 days (let it go to 8 days for the 2 pics):joint:
long live the Jiffy Pellets:headbange
picture.php
picture.php

peace

H

Hazeseeker

Hi Rick,
yeah using the root riot cubes you can never get roots as quick and as thick as those, check out the hairs on those roots bro^^, love using those jiffy pellets man, plus they're cheaper than the RR cubes

peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in RootRiot, i find that roots are crispy and long......yours look nice and fluffy bro,,,,i can get the "fluffy look" but i need to use rockwool.,,,

truth is tho, i never get it as fluffy as you have with the giffy`s

i find, if the root medium is dence, yet still airy, then roots get fluffy.....

i love the fluffy look...i even try to keep roots fluffy all the time,,even in the NFT trays......liquid O2 makes roots fluff-up on the NFT system

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hazeseeker your cuts look great!!!

herbie has the FFA! Wohoo! Smoked this a while back and it was the nuts. So happy to have this one.

Cheers one and all.

headimonster

can anyone confirm the look of the ffa in veg in this pic, i know its hard to tell with no flowers, and how bout the smell of the stem when rubbed??:joint: :joint:

Last edited:
H

Hazeseeker

Day 8 of flower

Day 8 of flower

Hi Herb,
yeah the roots just seemed to take off fast in these jiffy pellets man:yes:,
for some reason i couldn't get the FFA to root in RR cubes tho, gave up after 20+ days,
love these jiffy pellets, 100% rooting on FFA + Jack Herer :joint:

now on day 8 of flower with this girl, last feed the plant recieved 1ml/l Grow (don't usually give grow nutes this early but it's being grown in re-used all-mix) and 1ml/l Bloom (as i noticed a few red stems),
plant is now 23 and a half inches tall (just under 2 foot)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

peace

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
---screwing around with the camera. took a shot of my last ffa nug til bro harvests next month. i suppose its a couple month cure by now. sumpin to look forward to anyway:

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze. :) Perfect! They look absolutely thrilled to be in your garden. :) You'll know what the smell is like, pretty soon now. ;)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cc-three of us were standin around a jar of ffa couple days ago, we decided to figure out the best description of smell so we can let everyone know. didnt work out so well, one said cinnamon, one said berries, one said garlic. oh well.......:wallbash:

H

Hazeseeker

Day 11 of flower

Day 11 of flower

Hi CC,
yeah man i can't wait to see this girl in full flower:headbange,
bud sites are now starting to define themselves, even the un-rooted clones in the prop smell awesome, compared to cheese clones in the prop i noticed the FFA actually over power them in aroma:joint:,
last feed i gave this girl 1ml/l Grow + 1.2ml/l Bloom
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

peace