What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HG Nevil's Haze

covert

This is a special one. One of two freebie seeds (feminised) that were popped as a multi-strain grow intent. After 4 wk a forced abort resulted in great remorse only about the NH plant which had a wide leaf phenotype. It was 24 hours or more after the teardown that the wilted and dying plant was rehabilitated to a cutting possibility. After 7 days it showed signs of roots on the side of the peat medium.

Kept as a bonsai style plant it was flowered and harvested at 16 wk as a seeded plant (father was a Nanan-Bouclou).

Vaped 2 half sized bowls off a Dynavap OmniXL around 5 minutes apart. Instant effect at around 15 seconds. Inhale is complex incense like and exhale is reminiscent of mandarin.

Walking becomes like a mechatronic frame moving one's body around clumsily.

15 minutes in and an amazing rush of euphoric electric spasms of highness smash into one's body and face in rhythmic warm punches. Like being warmed gently on a wave of warm air.

Mind is rested and thinking is still possible but vision has vibrational smearing in keeping with the body buzz.

Hearing is pronounced.

At 30 mins and 45 mins again one feels a rush but weaker of the intenser euphoria.

Lasts around 3 hours with main rush effect beginning to settle at 45 mins and gone by around 1.5 hours leaving very pleasant and clean warmth and a settled mind to contemplate it. No hangover with no crash. Slight clumsy feeling or sense towards end of high but no actual ham-fistedness.

Very inwards based thinking with the opportunity for anxiety/panic or paranoia in less experienced vapers.

Next day one still feels lifted and rested enough to function normally.

covert

The seeded Nevil's Haze buds here. The only commercial reference point I have is some Rare Dankness Space Candy strain concentrate from the State of Maine and a small bowl of the Nevil's easily matches a matchstick head size dab of the extract for what it's worth.

Dog Star

Veteran
Good Covert... was ask cause i reading you used fem seeds..

Nanan-Bouclou is a good strain from what i reading.. if those seeded buds made you so high than your plant is pretty good choosed..

Did you save a clone of her??

covert

I operate a low budget 3x3 tent with low wattage LED and it is 12:12 constantly for everything in there so no room to keep mothers or clones. Personal stash only. Yield doesn't matter as much as quality.

I'm just hoping the seeds I have from her are great too. The NB male had great structure, robust but hollow stem and prolific pollen from a multitude of flower clusters. Showed sex late at around 7-8 weeks so seemed like a good male to cross with. I have pictures of him somewhere that I'll try to convert and upload some time.

I can't grow the crossed seeds until much later in the year but if they are good I'll definitely put up some pics and a report of them also.

covert

Cross sounds good.. show us progeny when you start them..

Kind regards Covert

Certainly will.

Just a quick little smoke report for the Nanan-Bouclou in that I vaped for weeks it's growing shoots while the females got ready for him.

The dried growing shoots obviously have a very chorophylly vape and taste doesn't really merit a mention. But the buzz is incredible and can easily buzz one for as long as you wanted there's so much smokable material almost right away. It's an ultra ultra ultra clear high with no leanings towards anything. It's just pure buzz.

But here's the magic. If you could bear the 4 bowls or so of vape and after the first bowl it isn't hard... you got to build over around 5-10 mins to such a level your body is totally pre-orgasmic in terms of heights of buzzing. It explodes and it's just phenomenal riding the wave down to an ultra clean tail and it's easily an hour long and the tail goes on and on.

There's no colour to this high, it's just pure buzzy euphoria nothing more and nothing less.

covert

OK remembering that I am vaping fresh dried bud ie 10 days of drying only - no cure; I have to say that I am a little burnt out after 4 days of this weed straight.

While its heady and intense electric euphoria is nice it is somewhat one dimensional. Never did I feel a huge sense of awe or anything with this and that's a feeling I enjoy a lot with weed.

The last time I felt it intensely was smoking the growing tips off a Yorker strain male plant a month or so ago. An intense feeling of connectedness to everything and God to the point you're so close and aware of the presence of God an overwhelming bliss overcomes you for a mere few seconds but it's amazing. Tears can stream from one's eyes contemplating the completeness of that moment. I have had it every time with that leaf that would not even cross the minds of most people these days to even deign to try.

But that awe filled high is what I love and seek really. I was lucky to rediscover this in a sample of extract I got in Massachusetts. Every vape of that leads to an hour of deja-vu filled highness. Not just brief deja-vu but continuous time periods where I am certain I have seen those moments before. At the same time there is a profound understanding of all the little intricacies that allow what I am witnessing to be taking place. Lightning fast appraisals of scenes in movies and huge foresight into plot lines and so on. Very enjoyable for movie watching and especially documentaries. It's a line that Rare Dankness produces and I will have to try and get some of their seeds at some point.

But the Nevil's will have to take a rest for now. On the early seedless harvest of these at around 10-12 weeks the high definitely improved after a couple of weeks of curing even so I think a little time in the jar will allow it to mature and for any remaining biochemical reactions to complete. I'm letting them dry for another few days before storing for later trials. Will definitely post up any perceived changes when I try it in a month or so. I have two other strains I'll be trying again in the next week or two.

covert

Well what a difference 24 hours makes. I had a choice of a few options comprising buds of the 16 week Nevil's here, commercial extract, another separate iso-extract of some buds but rather dark so unappealing, or some finger rub hash from a resinous AK47/LR cross and decided to go this.

Took a little bit more than the previous 4 nights and I'm soaring soaring high. I felt relaxed already not having to work and just let myself go on this one.

Hazey vision that is pixellating and breaking slightly into vibrations as I type this. The bass line I'm listening to in my headphones is buzzing at the same time, frequency and amplitude of another body buzz centred in my pelvis. A very fluffy vibration not zappy this time. My body is rotating on a vibrational ring of energy which is also buzzing and I am seeing in my mind's eye a Lissajous type circular ring vibration oscillating wavelike around and around or up and down.

It's half an hour and the visuals are trailing off but things are still a little fuzzy. A very clear high. Experienced extreme sativa surfers will have no worries but it could freak out someone not so experienced.

A cool warmth is wandering over me. Body is just still and there is a slight disconnect between mind and movement or intent.

Music exhilarates but the awe is just not enough to make it a spectacular smoke. Good, maybe even having moments of greatness but not spectacular. Definitely not.

covert

Decided to change things up from the past 2 smokes of Amnesia Haze by blasting a now 14 or so day thorough dry of some 16 week seeded buds.

Now here's the thing, this bud had the brownest and best seeds of all of the previous buds from this Nevil's x Nanan Bouclou cohort. The seeds earlier born brothers and sisters have all been a moderate tan in color.

I've always believed that the life processes of the plant don't end at harvest. Once cut the plants tissues can continue to survive as long as the cells have enough water. And therefore the buds and resin producing continue to work. Enzymes catalyse reactions and it stands to reason that the cannabinoid profile will continue to develop.

Because today's smoke is amazingly smooth. No sudden launches. This takes you by the hand and goes at a much gentler pace. Total peace and smooth transition to a wonderful place. Subtle vibrations with super warm euphoric glow. A truly nice place to be.

The absolute smoothest high I have ever had I would say. No jolts. Just smooth.

covert

An incredibly great smoke.

It's three hours and the feelings are still gently there. A beautiful release and there is no lassitude or crash. I rushed in ruling it too highly strung. It's provided a wonderful experience. Very creative and analytical. Smooth in every respect from the vape all the way through to the end.

covert

Oh my. Oh my, wow with the Easter Break I decided to blow the limits and just upped it a notch with amount vaped. 2 bowls divided into 3 vapes over 15 minutes.

For your eyes do you understand?

I've rarely been higher. Closed eyes vibrations and feelings of levitation with wavy distorted planar surface into which I am reduced - holographic?

Tremendous warmth and sunshine. A little after noon light sort of sunshine with a bright glow.

Everything is right with my world is my only feeling.

covert

OK an hour and it feels like three have passed. Just getting to the point where I can write well enough again without immense concentration.

Still comfortably high.

I daydreamed the high I was getting with the Nanan-Bouclou males growing tips. Vaping these led to very blank and spacey high with pure uncolored high frequency vibrations. The special thing was the vibrations got so intense there was a touch with ecstacy. A moment of absolute oneness with the Creator. So brief yet so real. Intense beyond description. This male was used to pollinate this NH mother and with what I feel even now I am full of anticipation as to what might be.

I should also mention that when I wrote the thread title I had meant to put GH or GHS but obviously reversed it. I don't know if it was because I couldn't edit at that point but I just left it and later thought it could stand for Home Grown or maybe Honestly Grown with no holding back of relevant information. So yes it is a freebie given out by a sponsoring seed vendor and widely said to be by Greenhouse Seeds.

And let me be the first to say that my re-entry to this scene coincided around the time of GHS Strain Hunter Franco passed away while in the field. I don't know or care that an entrepreneurial spirit is uppermost there but I cannot believe that the proven strain hunt genetics aren't incorporated into the companies seeds now.

I think all companies need to actively keep fresh genetics from the native areas their original landstrains come from to keep their quality high.

I think GHS has shown it probably did some of this.

I have no connection or vested interest to mention any of what I write anywhere.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely information here, a nice thread to read.
I would also be interested in seeing the results of your crossing, when you have a chance to grow them.

Burt

Veteran
Very creative writing, it must be the haze
My favorite hazes activate my heart chakra causing it to open and buzz
Tell me if you get anything of the sort on your fantastical journeys through holographic land.