What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Subzero tumbler

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I wanted to share something that has been working well. I put the lowers and any quality trim in the drum and let it rotate for 45 mins or so. Everything is precooled in another cooler of dry ice. The drum is in a large cooler and there is dry ice kept inside and in a little pocket on the lid above the drum. The screen on the drum is 150 micron. There is a trey in the bottom that collects the kief and pulls out to empty quickly. I press the kief in 90 micron bags at 180 degrees with a short warm up and about 1 minute under pressure. The run pictured was 5 lbs. trim and it put out a little more than 200 grams tasty rosin.

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1783.jpg
    IMG_1783.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 11

PDX Dopesmoker

Nice setup, pressed kief makes outstanding rosin. That final return rate is pretty fantastic too and that stuff doesn't look like it got too much green in it.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It's been a long road

It's been a long road

Trying different microns and temps and techniques have brought me to this. Pressing in lower micron bags really hurts the taste with yield very much the same.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah

Yeah

It's a motor off a drum sander conveyer. It has a speed control on it and it's just bolted to the cooler. I will take a pic. I am going to try a bigger version and use a treadmill motor, they are cheap.

Latest posts

Latest posts