What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

30 Year Old Trial Finds Organic Farming Outperforms Conventional Agriculture

troutman

Seed Whore
This should be a no-brainer. But sadly too many don't see it that way.

Organic farming is sustainable whereas chemical conventional farming is not.

Mick

Veteran
I've been hearing for years that due to population numbers organics just won't work. Just more bullshit from the monsanto type crowd. Cutting back on meat and going organic can work.

Last edited:

oldbootz

Veteran
Organics can also be done in a way that increases wet/dry cycles similar to hydro techniques, and you can get really good yields with the added benefit that each plant can interact with the rhizome and get what they individually need instead of all the plants being force fed the same salt strength solution.

I also think there is a huge problem breeding plants with salts, because then you totally ignore the genes of the plant that relate to plant root secretions. Then when i throw a bunch of salt bred plants into my organic mix its a crap shoot.

Dog Star

Veteran
Justus von Liebig who invented NPK method was tell alone that he is not happy with
his technique and that organic is better... and that was before 100 years..

NPK kills microherd,mycorhiza,destroys soils,polute underground water and final product
is of doubtfull quality... nevermind,most of people will still use it..