What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available

Dog Star

Veteran
Am somewhere read on turbo potent Uzbeki that made you much laughing...

tough i dont remember where i read it..

Bob Green

I know that i pitched in a pack of X18 seeds to help USC, and after he received them Cris never even said thanks. Matter of fact he was asking for them on a G man Mason spot saying he would repay the community by sharing seeds he made with what people like me had donated per his request. If he never bothered saying thanks do you think this guy ever showed back up to repay the favor he requested? FK no not a chance. Did he rip me off no. Was he dishonest about his intentions only to flake in the end absolutely.

This is just one example of why folks are gun shy to share genetics with commercial breeders. I could have given that pack to a much more deserving cause but the lesson learned was priceless. Friends are there to share and trade. Business men are there for one reason to conduct business. Not all people who sell seed are pure business but most are.

covert

I know that i pitched in a pack of X18 seeds to help USC, and after he received them Cris never even said thanks. Matter of fact he was asking for them on a G man Mason spot saying he would repay the community by sharing seeds he made with what people like me had donated per his request. If he never bothered saying thanks do you think this guy ever showed back up to repay the favor he requested? FK no not a chance. Did he rip me off no. Was he dishonest about his intentions only to flake in the end absolutely.

This is just one example of why folks are gun shy to share genetics with commercial breeders. I could have given that pack to a much more deserving cause but the lesson learned was priceless. Friends are there to share and trade. Business men are there for one reason to conduct business. Not all people who sell seed are pure business but most are.

All I'll say is that the sort of guys you write about in your second paragraph will be a dying breed in my view.

I think there's a type of “gentleman grower” who will begin to appear as cannabis usage increases in populations. These people will generally not be earning any money from their crop and will be doing it purely as a hobby and for personal stashes. This sort of grower usualy networks with like minded people and in the legal to grow scenario this sort of hobby grower networks will make the former system of dealer/corruptible growers to one of hobbyist/gentlemanly growers.

Just trying to see the future in a different environment to the present in most of the world.

Bob Green

All I'll say is that the sort of guys you write about in your second paragraph will be a dying breed in my view.

I think there's a type of “gentleman grower” who will begin to appear as cannabis usage increases in populations. These people will generally not be earning any money from their crop and will be doing it purely as a hobby and for personal stashes. This sort of grower usualy networks with like minded people and in the legal to grow scenario this sort of hobby grower networks will make the former system of dealer/corruptible growers to one of hobbyist/gentlemanly growers.

Just trying to see the future in a different environment to the present in most of the world.

I totally agree with you on that. Rise of the hacks has arrived hahaha! What you speak of is already happening more every day. People making crosses they like and sharing them freely. Very rarely do i plant something that was purchased. I would much rather run things I made or things my friends made.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I respect the 'preservers' but think sharing is the right way.

In fact this has been the case with LMN's works for decades... the Uzbekis have been shared along in the Spanish speaking forums for years among some others, no restrictions whatsoever. This favored them to end spreaded all over South America and Spain, in fact up to 3 or 4 different seed companies from Spain are using the Uzbeki or other lines sourced from LMN nowadays including Geneseeds, Kannabia and Oldschool Genetics.

It's just that no one had the balls to sell them in pure form out of respect after he passed away because those were his wishes, at least in Spanish and S. America where everyone knew and had big respect for him.

I know that i pitched in a pack of X18 seeds to help USC, and after he received them Cris never even said thanks.

I know man, he did the same with the X18/PTK hybrid I've received from Raco after I've offered him some nice hashplant seeds after he started his threads looking for pure X18 and so on, and even though I told him it was a private breeding work because I knew he had a seed company and he said "sure bro, only for private testing" like a little bitch, then the guy even had the balls to drop me a PM a few months after asking for more seeds! Unveliebable. I knew it man, I have a con radar now after all this years giving out seeds to everyone and hearing the same shit all the time LOL :biggrin:

FatBoy707' said:
Are there any new strains for 2014 from Underground Seed Collective

Cristalin said:

Yes for my part:

Cristal: uzebek 8th génération x (X18 x pine tar kush)

Triple paki: wild paki from Lala x (X18 * pine tar kush)

Ciao

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/4793...ns-for-2014-from-underground-seed-collective/

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/51767-new-strains-from-usc/page__st__140

Characteristics of Triple Pakistan of Underground Seeds Collective:

Name: triple Pakistan

Genetics: (X18 x PTK) x Wild Pakistan

80 % Indica / 20 % sativa

EvergreenState

I would answer the original posters' question with, don't concern yourself with landrace or "pure" landrace. I would have bet anyone a million dollars that this discussion would have veered off in exactly the direction it has when I saw the word, "landrace". The elders of the marijuana church come out with the gospel and throw the sinners into the pit of fire.:microwave:
The marijuana plant enhances and sparks great creativity. It's only natural then that people will use the plant in very creative ways by creating new plants. Go with the flow of the plant; don't fight it.
Many people have created many, many wonderful mostly indica plants and god bless them for that.:thank you: Take advantage of that and have fun.:biggrin:

G

Gr33nSanta

I totally agree with you on that. Rise of the hacks has arrived hahaha! What you speak of is already happening more every day. People making crosses they like and sharing them freely. Very rarely do i plant something that was purchased. I would much rather run things I made or things my friends made.

I am getting there, though I have had to purchase a lot of genetics to get to where I am at now.

Of the 20 some seeds I started recently, most are my own crosses, some are getting pretty deep, no one could possibly be close to having what I have.

Not that it is the best, but it's unique, which makes it special to me and to everyone around me.

I typically help friends out with multiple cultivars in one bag, commonly known as fruit salad around here. Some friends have the decency of letting me know when they have enjoyed a cultivar and bring a sample back to me so I can identify and get to know what they like.

Always so rewarding when the bud they bring back is from a seed I made, that stuff was dynamite!! makes my day.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
One more point I see a lot of posts that people are conserving or preserving a landrace, or trying to.
The simple truth is that unless you grow 1000+ females and 1000+ males from seeds, you are not conserving all the genes in any landrace. Each year you reproduce the landrace variety with smaller populations you are losing genes and altering the variety, in 10-20 years it is just not the same.

Cannabis is a dioecious obligate outcrossed and requires large plant numbers to keep all the genes maintained in a landrace, no one is doing this in the West, at least in the past.

Crossa, J. et al. 1993. Statistical genetic considerations for maintaining germ plasm collections. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 86: 673-678.

-SamS
Years have passed when we talked about this and after all these years it's still the truth :) we tried it with many landrace varieties in small, 100 and 100 populations and have found out that one has to start with huge populations and keep working with huge populations to keep "all" the genes in there and still I think it's impossible to do the work that nature does. My point is that I think the wild cultivars are better left wild and people should just concentrate on picking and weeding out good mothers for their own pleasure or small time breeding projects rather than dream of growing a valley full of plants and try to do mother natures work. Edit: excuse me for my poor english, no "wild" things but domesticated ;) mustafunk.

baduy

As fascinating as the idea of preserving the entire gene pool of a landrace may be let's keep in mind every domesticated plant or animal living among us including ourselves is the result of severe inbreeding. Now human pressure on land combined with legal status of the plant is such that we don't have the space to save all those landraces in their full diversity, better try to maintain as much nice IBL as we can. Maybe one day humans will have the freedom to grow openly and with numbers the magic will happen again from those weak inbred lines

Bob Green

A quick observation....

The more you give the more you receive. Just get ahold of a few varieties that interest you and make a bunch of seeds. Harvest these beans and start giving them away. Other people doing the exact same thing will usually be stoked to share what they have made in exchange. Server fund even provides a safer way to go about it. Make some freebies and hook some folks up.

But if all you are doing is complaining and not contributing anything into the "pot" then don't expect to get much in return.

Sincerely, Seed Illuminati

:tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
Sincerely, Seed Illuminati

:biggrin:

picture.php

-BRR-

Title says it all folks... want to do a little breeding project. Most Landrace indica have short flowering times from the start... So which strain, which is easily obtainable would you recommend?

Right now I am thinking World of Seeds Afghan Kush, while it's technically not a landrace, it's two landraces blended together, so I will give it a pass.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

What ratio of the/cbd potency are you looking for?

I feel landraces and heirlooms are gifts to be entrusted, never sold.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them.

So what you are saying is Bodhi, The Real Seed Company, Irrazinig, Fullpower Selections, and Even Gypsy Nirvana are either selling fake landraces or fucked people over...I'm pretty sure you are full of yourself.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I understand how you feel but I think you see the world a bit to black and white, when in truth it is often gray.
You say you have sold seeds but only to those you deem worthy?
May I ask the price of the poly hybrids you sold?
I ask because for the last few decades I sold seeds both pure landraces and hybrids for $.10 a pop in quantities wholesale, I wanted to make a profit and I did, but I refuse to sell seeds for $10.00 a pop, it is just not right in my view. And now that seeds can be legally grown there is no reason for such high prices if there ever were.
As for entrusting landraces and heirlooms, never selling, that is just your personal view, nothing more, and I will bet none of the folks you entrusted are growing enough plants from seed each reproductive cycle to save the landrace and its genes, be honest. That requires at least 2000 plants half male and half female, or genes are lost and the preservation is not really preserving all the genes found in that landrace. Cannabis is a dioecious obligate outcrosser, conservation can be done but not in a closet, to be honest.

As for them being not real, or fucking over the folks you got them from, maybe in your circles but I can assure you I do not and I collected for 30+ years primarily in the third world in traditional Cannabis countries and was very up front to any growers I asked for seeds, they were all happy to share with me, sometimes for free and sometimes I paid for their help, growers in general around the world love Cannabis and love to share both Cannabis products and seeds.

Giving away a few seeds like you did is nice but give away a few million like I have and then maybe I will listen.
I understand your disappointment in not selling seeds at Emerald Cup, but maybe you do not understand the seed market or what it wants? Maybe?

As for "Landraces are bestowed and not sold", again this is your personal opinion, have you ever bought seeds that were landraces? I have and see no problem with it, if you sell them at high prices, I might consider the price to high but you certainly have the right to sell at any price you can get, but just admit it is for the $ and not because you are doing something special to conserve Cannabis, it is because you think you can get it. I hope I did both, conserved, spread and sold Cannabis seeds at a fair rate. To be honest it is the prices of seeds that upset me the most, it seems just to high.

I predict that seed prices will fall to more like $1 a pop within a few years, if you can legally produce seeds and sell them then the $10 a seed prices will be gone.
$1 a seed, that is still $50,000 a Kg for seeds, 20X the price of the best herb, 10X what I sold seeds at for the last few decades. But I will be honest my goal was to allow anyone to grow Cannabis anywhere for any reason, I knew I would still make a decent living, and I did. My focus was to change the world, more then to make a big profit.
Many people produce seeds under lights and at a much higher cost, so they pass along the expenses, I understand but all that will change as Cannabis can be grown legally in so many areas today that seed production does not have to be so expensive, it can be done much much cheaper in a greenhouse or outdoors if the area allows it.

Nothing wrong with selling seeds, be they landrace or heirlooms or hybrids. Unless you got the seeds with a promise that you would not sell them or reproduce them? I would not take them in that case, or not reproduce them for sale if I did. If it is OK to sell Cannabis herb then generally it is ok or even better to sell the seeds, is how I feel. How can there be to many great or almost great Cannabis seeds in the world?
I love landraces and understand the real problems that they face with people bringing Western hybrids to most traditional Cannabis areas, countries like Mexico, Jamaica, Morocco, do not have landraces any more they have all been pollinated with Western hybrids and they are not the same landrace any more, for example the NLD varieties in Jamaica, Lambsbread and Kali weed, that used to be grown are not found anymore, instead the farmers grow modern Hybrids that have problems with the short photoperiods and are susceptible to molds and PM.

-SamS

Big hugs, Musta.

I get hit up every week with people asking me for landraces.
I say no every time.
Then they ask "why not, Coastal is selling landraces" and a little part of me dies.

I do sell seeds, but only my poly hybrids. And only after Ive gotten permission from the person who gave me the seeds to use those as parental stock. And I only sell to those I deem worthy, so I dont make that many sales, nowhere near enough to support myself doing this, its more of a way to compensate garden expenses.
Then I watch all these seed companies make millions and it sickens me to the point of wanting to leave the scene and only talk to a select few through snail mail.
Barefootgardenz/ Ninja Mechanics has infiltrated yet another forum in his quest to get landraces so he can be famous and rich. Seeing that set me off. But thats another story.

I feel landraces and heirlooms are gifts to be entrusted, never sold.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them.

I too have talked to JGL and have been enlightened as to his position and whats been going on. And it further cemented my above views.

The price per gram of flower keeps dropping. It was ~$15/gram 8 yrs ago, now its quickly approaching $1/gram
Seeds were ~$2/seed 8yrs ago and now im seeing some sell a single seed for $150+
The amount of greed and shadiness is astounding in the seed game.
USA pops up with five new seed companies every day.
Ive been ripped off and my gear is being hacked by others but I dont really care - all they have are my poly hybrids. So I went to Emerald Cup and passed out a shit ton of those same poly hybrids - flooding the market so those hacks cant say they have anything exclusive.
It was hilarious because most everyone I passed seeds out to were aghast that I would just hand out a bunch of seeds. But thats because they are greedy and only see dollar signs when they see seeds.

lol. I tried selling seeds at Emerald Cup. Didnt sell one pack. I showed a guy what I had and I guess I wasnt charging enough. Because the guy scoffed and said, "no, Im looking for legit seeds. See these? I paid $400 for this pack." He showed me a pack of cookies hybrid x cookies hybrid x nl x affy x some other hybrid from a "breeder" Ive never heard of.

In all the years Ive been doing this, I only just recently found a person whom Im thinking about handing off a good portion of my vault to so this person can carry on the torch. One person in ten years. And its because he understands the cannabis plant is only one tool in a big toolbox of tools to help people. He's more interested in other plant medicines.
People don't understand that having a vault is quite a burden when youre a steward and not looking to get rich off the plant.
Shit, Im living in my car and have a vault. Everyone keeps telling me I should sell the seeds I have and get rich.
I'd rather keep living in my car, respecting both the plant and those who entrusted me with being Her steward.

Landraces are bestowed, not sold.

Much Love,
~T

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts