What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

packerfan79

Veteran
I have a very old bottle that gets foggy on me too and I don't remember it doing that in my last spot I used it at. Is it possible it's old stuff? I'll be home soon, gotta look on the bottle for a exp date

I actually tested and did a strain review for a dispo over here of their do-si-do's. I grabbed a half for myself to toke on as well. Very very good flavor, solid terp profile on this cut. Everyone that smoked it got baked and the giggles, only thing is the buds were really small and the grower needed to flush it more, the lab came back at 16% which shocked me and my partner. Maybe he cut her down early or something, either way it was great smoke and I might give her a shot once I see how yours do.

Iam going to run a cross my buddy made. Dos-i-do x (cherry pie x dos-i-do). This is my next seed pop.

issack

Veteran
What a cool thread!!!

Folks using sm90... do you also inoculate with beneficial stuff, bacteria n fungal?
Im reading the sm90 does not interfere with beneficials. Are you guys finding this to be the case?

Many thanks.

Yes it does not interfere with beneficials at all.

issack

Veteran
Yeah I dont know what the deal is with the foggy cloudy sm90. I just opened a brand new gallon of it and it's now foggy. I guess they changed the recipe.? Idk. Hasn't affected anything, and it still seems the same in my rez. No difference.

And yeah I'm looking forward to this dosido. My good friend that grows the same pineapple cut I have says he gets a little bigger yield with the dosido than the pineapple every harvest.. so that being said I think this cut is going to be a win. I like the smoke and flavor too..

And yeah waxy I think you're right, he might have pulled early to only have 16% seems seriously low.. hoping the pheno I have is a winner.

Wow packer that cross sounds amazing.! Cherry pie is a amazing plant. Crossed with dosido should be epic.

issack

Veteran
I appreciate the reply. It's been a pleasure watching your grow and I always anticipate your next post.

Hey thanks Dabtime.. cool name. I mostly only smoke dabs. I'm actually about to blast 2 pounds right now. Been holed up in my house bracing for the hurricane that never hit. We got big rain though. Thank goodness for the 2 largest mountains in the world that blocked the storm. If it's not the damn volcano it's a hurricane.. island life.!

I'm also slapping together another table. I can fit a 3x4 table in the closet in this room so I got another 630 to go in for the dosido run..

So what do you think guys? I'm going to line all the corners and walls over the panda film with reflective paper and also down the walkways. I used to do this on every indoor grow I ever did, but I don't know why I just use Panda film in this room this time. I need more reflection I think. Especially on the walkway. I read an article a few years ago about reflective paper and that white panda Film or white paint reflected almost the same as reflective paper.. I guess I believed it.? Idk. I need more reflection..

I have since took down my Greenhouse out back and I no longer grow outdoors because every single Harvest is a let down. It rains up here every single day.. right now its 98% humidity..it's just miserable. I can never pull anything off any more out there, so I figure with this extra 630 lamp in the closet I pretty much equal what my little Greenhouse was putting out. And also the feds came back and they've been doing some heavy flying and plant numbers check. I'd rather not have them even see anything of mine.. I like stealth.. I used to have really good success with Outdoors but I live about 1200 feet above the ocean sea level. The weather patterns here have changed drastically in the last year. It's not the same anymore.

packerfan79

Veteran
If you are talking about panda on the floor , I would say avoid that. It's slippery, with just a tiny bit of moisture. I tried it, busted my dome on the hood when I slipped.

issack

Veteran
If you are talking about panda on the floor , I would say avoid that. It's slippery, with just a tiny bit of moisture. I tried it, busted my dome on the hood when I slipped.

No I tried that too man. Panda on the floor is dangerous. Lol

issack

Veteran
That gh might be awesome for veg...then indo for flower

No I stay away from that method. There's so many russet mites and bugs and mold.. I have an issue with blight Outdoors that I can't get rid of. it just seriously is that wet up here. it rains literally every day so that being said I don't like to bring any kind of mold spores or any plants that's riddled with the outdoor extremities. What I do now is I figure out what strain I'm going to run in my next grow. I go grab cuts from my friend that has all my strains. I grow them for a couple months to get mothers and then clone them to go in the room each run and then give my plants away cuz I'm not going to Flower outside because it's that bad out there.. and again. I dont want a greenhouse visible from the air. My side yard is dense and secluded. I just grow like 8 plants for mothers and clones. This works well since the blight doesn't come till when I try to flower them outdoors. I still can do okay in veg for a few months even with the shit weather.

That method would work well if I had really dry weather.. I wouldn't lose 3 weeks dealing with clones and veg in between each run.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I added the sm90 first and it was fine. Then I added the calmag next and on came the cloudiness. I’m betting the pH was a bit high from the sm90 and when I added the calmag it screwed with it. :dunno:

Next res I’m gonna try adding the sm90 last.

issack

Veteran
Yes .. the new sm90 is now cloudy. I dont know why. But its doing the same thing and I noticed no difference. I usually add it at the very last after I add all my nutrients.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Just making sure it wasn’t just me! Lol. Other than the cloudiness, my res smells better than ever!! I’ve been using it in veg for a few days now and the plants are starting to look a lot better. I’m hoping it snaps my GG4 and Firestorm moms outta the dudding they’re doing...wishful thinking, I know. If not, I’m gonna hit em hard with the Zerotol 2.0 I just got.

Oh, and I cleaned my Clone King this past Saturday and filled it up using what you said you use: rapid start, KLN, and sm90. I’m even cycling it 15/45. I pH’d it to 5.5. It keeps wanting to rise up a bit. It was 5.8 today and I just left it alone. Issack, does your pH rise? And if so, do you put it back to 5.5?

The cuts I stuck in there look great. I hope they stay that way. I’m starting to see I was having such a pain rooting cuts lately cause of a mild case of root rot. Was getting like a 20% root rate. Sux I know. You’d figure by now I woulda diagnosed that a little earlier than I did! Lol. Ya live n learn, I guess.

:tiphat:

DunHav`nFun

Okay guys.....gonna put all your minds at ease about SM-90.....first off......the cloudiness comes from Nutri-life being bought off and absorbed some yrs back as a subsidiary of some corporate conglomerate that in their infinite wisdom chose to alter the original formula …...no doubt for the bottom line cost versus profit equation , but in all the yrs since it does cloud the rez somewhat then settles down there`s been no adverse reactions from the new formula I`ve heard of...….now...…

The original SM-90 was shoved down my throat looooooong ago by a Krazy Ass Kanadian Klown that worked in the hydroponic veggie greenhouse industry for his experience and knowledge , or so it was told behind the scenes.....We were runnin fast hydro recirculating systems that required chillers to maintain no higher rez temps than 69 degrees F or risk root rot and rootborn critters in the plant containers like root aphids, fungus gnats etc.....but.....

SM-90 was added @ 5 ml per gal for the actual bottom containers the roots sat in for "root rot prevention AND as a rootzone insecticide" cuz the recirculating nutrient solution would get warmer from the HID lights until it made it back to rez…..and it worked ….and I never questioned why cuz he was growing 3 1/2 lb trees and that was good enough for my old ass......ok.....

The reason why SM-90 has never been given the respect due is cuz when Cali went legal beagle in the mid 90`s , NutriLife immediately submitted the product for the OMRI rating cuz they deemed it as "Organic" and they also submitted it as having dual properties as in a hydro root rot preventive AND rootzone insect prevention.....and Cali turned em down and said the only way it could be on hydro store shelves in medville was as a "surfactant/wetting agent" and the shit died on the shelves......literally....as far as pot growin goes that is.....

The original formula was 99 % Coriander oil and like 0 point who the fuck knows what other "inert ingredients" but yet this shit can`t be considered organic ?.....politics and the wrong bribe not made evidently , but I digress.....SM-90 ?.....

Good shit.....Git you some.....If used properly as a constant additive in nute regimen , it inoculates the medium and keeps larvae or eggs of any shape form or fashion from hatchin or advancing , but if you already have an infestation SM-90 will only keep critters at bay and not eradicate em without the help of the proper pesticide applications......aight.....and lastly.....

The best by far usage of SM -90 for me came when I went from lava rock to full fledged DTW coco several yrs before retiring when everyone that was runnin coco at the time it was new was experiencing bugs from hell....everywhere....but.....

No bugs in Fredville….and why ?......SM-90.....and I told em …..and they laughed cuz the shit wasn't even listed on the OMRI page ….and I laughed.....some listened and came back to thank me.....most didn`t.....anyways...…

Isaack.....sorry for writin a book......just know what I know and tryta help when I can...…Keep strokin....and......

Peace.....DHF....:ying:

guineapig

Veteran
This is amazing, glad I stopped in!!! :abduct:

Did the CMH really out-perform the HPS? I'm sorry if I missed an in-depth explanation of the results of the two different light sources. Amazing all around!!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Okay guys.....gonna put all your minds at ease about SM-90.....first off......the cloudiness comes from Nutri-life being bought off and absorbed some yrs back as a subsidiary of some corporate conglomerate that in their infinite wisdom chose to alter the original formula …...no doubt for the bottom line cost versus profit equation , but in all the yrs since it does cloud the rez somewhat then settles down there`s been no adverse reactions from the new formula I`ve heard of...….now...…

The original SM-90 was shoved down my throat looooooong ago by a Krazy Ass Kanadian Klown that worked in the hydroponic veggie greenhouse industry for his experience and knowledge , or so it was told behind the scenes.....We were runnin fast hydro recirculating systems that required chillers to maintain no higher rez temps than 69 degrees F or risk root rot and rootborn critters in the plant containers like root aphids, fungus gnats etc.....but.....

SM-90 was added @ 5 ml per gal for the actual bottom containers the roots sat in for "root rot prevention AND as a rootzone insecticide" cuz the recirculating nutrient solution would get warmer from the HID lights until it made it back to rez…..and it worked ….and I never questioned why cuz he was growing 3 1/2 lb trees and that was good enough for my old ass......ok.....

The reason why SM-90 has never been given the respect due is cuz when Cali went legal beagle in the mid 90`s , NutriLife immediately submitted the product for the OMRI rating cuz they deemed it as "Organic" and they also submitted it as having dual properties as in a hydro root rot preventive AND rootzone insect prevention.....and Cali turned em down and said the only way it could be on hydro store shelves in medville was as a "surfactant/wetting agent" and the shit died on the shelves......literally....as far as pot growin goes that is.....

The original formula was 99 % Coriander oil and like 0 point who the fuck knows what other "inert ingredients" but yet this shit can`t be considered organic ?.....politics and the wrong bribe not made evidently , but I digress.....SM-90 ?.....

Good shit.....Git you some.....If used properly as a constant additive in nute regimen , it inoculates the medium and keeps larvae or eggs of any shape form or fashion from hatchin or advancing , but if you already have an infestation SM-90 will only keep critters at bay and not eradicate em without the help of the proper pesticide applications......aight.....and lastly.....

The best by far usage of SM -90 for me came when I went from lava rock to full fledged DTW coco several yrs before retiring when everyone that was runnin coco at the time it was new was experiencing bugs from hell....everywhere....but.....

No bugs in Fredville….and why ?......SM-90.....and I told em …..and they laughed cuz the shit wasn't even listed on the OMRI page ….and I laughed.....some listened and came back to thank me.....most didn`t.....anyways...…

Isaack.....sorry for writin a book......just know what I know and tryta help when I can...…Keep strokin....and......

Peace.....DHF....:ying:

Mind is officially at ease! :dance013: Great post, DHF. :tiphat:

issack

Veteran
DHF thanks for that explanation. I have company in from other island so I haven't been here to chat.

Vanilla p.. I dont even ever check my ph once I set up the cloner water. I just let her rip for 2 weeks . I try and keep my cloner in a cool area heat is what gets you root rot and brown roots. This is why the 15 minutes on and 45 off on the pump helps keep the water cool. Yiu should get awesome results. I hope you chime back in with success.!!

Guinea pig. Yes the 630s SMOKED the 1000s. After this grow coming up that I'm planting this weekend, I'll get my last 4 630s to replace the 1000s. It was just an all-around better product. Better smell better flavor better density and most of all a bigger yield. I got 8 oz more light on the 630s is than the thousands.. I'm sold. Anyone who is running HPS lighting should totally convert to CMH. I had no idea how great these lights were..

Okay back to playing host.. I'll be back this weekend and post pics of the closet I just opened up in this room. Got a 630 to add to it. 9 lights now

issack

Veteran
Alright.. just planted the room today.. Dosido it is.! These clones were under floros for 10 days then under one 630 for 5 days. Now I'll see how this stain grows. Still shooting for a 3 week veg.

I added another 630 in the closet. I made another table that drains off in a tote. I put a pump in there that pumps off to my main waist tote that pumps it outside. I had to get a flow valve to turn down the flow. I got the smallest eco pump they make. 128gph and it was too much. I turned it down to the same flow as the others.

Oh yeah and I got reflective paper.! I will put up the walkway wall a little later. I'm going to only run like a two and a half foot strip and keep raising it as the plants grow. I only need to Target certain areas and I don't want to compensate my air flow throughout the canopy. if I put a 4-foot wall of reflective paper down there it's going to get hot, and I don't want that. I want this room to flow like it has been.

Thank you for the tip DHF about the refletix ar home depot. Shit was way cheaper than the hydro store.

Okay so added a lamp and got reflective paper. I'm hoping to pull 20 pounds this run.! My friend raves about this cut. Says he gets alittle bigger yield than the pineapple outdoors. So after my 18 pound 7 1/2 harvest with the pineapple. I'm hoping to crack 20 with the new light added.

After this harvest I will get the last 4 630s and toss these hps. I'll never grow with hps after this run.. I would have got them this run but I kind of had some other things to spend money on. and I also had my FJ vinyl-wrapped, it turned out pretty damn amazing.

So day 1 veg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

issack

Veteran
I think all this reflective paper just messed up my temperature in this room. I just woke up 3 a.m. my room is at 88 right now and even when I fired my room up it was an 85. It's never that hot and my AC's are working fine.. I feel like the walls are radiating heat. Is this the case.? Thinking I'm going to try take it down. It's the only thing I've changed in this room besides adding one lamp and adding one laugh would not bring my temps up to 88 in this room. I have plenty of btu. Idk

Latest posts

Latest posts