What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats hot in your market?

Easy7

Veteran
Brick works for awhile then tolerance gets nasty with it.

There was a canadian cut of nl that the bud went everywhere and it was nice and good. I get that some bud can look good and not really medicate well. People pick sativas early and don't know how to pick winners. But there can be some very nice flowers, just hard to find those people.

Plus I hate to spend money anymore. I spent a lot of resources on learning about cannabis and cultivation. Just not comitted enough these days to any one idea on my limited resources. Plus my dog is a huge crush. I wouldn't want bad things in his future cause of weed. I can have a beer from time to time. Even beer and lotto spent a lot of our savings. But we have faith and it's hard to lose a little faith in weed to hopefully develop more. It's just a very conservative state and locally.

The medical market will mainstream whats hot more visably. It's pretty decent climate for cannabis but the soil is too rich for wine grapes. Plus the family is SO STUPID about weed and cultivation. They spend far more on the farm then they ever will get put until sale. Buildings resell pretty good. Tractos not always so much. Also has free natural gas.

D3pthCharg3

Anyone see haze (piff like herb) making a comeback in a large scale way? I know young'uns like them cooks...I mean I do too but c'mon

master kusher

pressure packs (premium mexican brick) purps. and pressure packs from cali or wherever (rec / med ). I happen to have a seedling of the mexi purp which i liked tbh it was a good strain with good flavor and great bag appeal. I see a lot of mis marketed shit in an attempt to sell it (false names like sour diesel, kush, pineapple express) IMO THE CHEAPER IT IS THE QUICKER IT'LL FLOOD THE MARKET. (as long as the quality stays at a minimum of mid.s lol.

master kusher

Well it's not exactly what a person would imagine as mexican bricks, the genetics they're working with seems to be coming from cali. or somewhere the breeders have time to develop and perfect them. I want to call landrace, but know it's far from.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Out here in Oregon the rec market wants anything that tests 25%+ consistently. If you can find a lab that will give you some 30%+ results, you're in the game.

As far as the other side, it's about price point. People want B grade work with A+ pricing. So it's that trade off between the quality of the work and the price point.

sweet tampon kush cookies glue is pretty hot around here.....kidn

so glad not to live around the "legal market" junk

Legal weed is an absolute fraud. All the famous/popular strain names, yet the product doesn't represent it at all.

Who would want to smoke GSC when a fucking dispensary grew it in hydro. There's no point. The high is shit, the flavor is nothing, or worse, chemical/sweetener, even holding buds from dispensaries has no joy to it. The shit is completely lifeless, zero energy or love. I found all my rituals vanishing. Chewing on stems, looking at buds under magnification, picking hairs off and smoking them separately,no desire for any of that with this lame ass legal weed. The buds arent even worth a dime.

Most dispensaries grow hay. Then they soak some of it in "boosters" at harvest. People be smoking fruit juice and lemon peels.

G

GatorGumbo

Legal weed is an absolute fraud. All the famous/popular strain names, yet the product doesn't represent it at all.

Who would want to smoke GSC when a fucking dispensary grew it in hydro. There's no point. The high is shit, the flavor is nothing, or worse, chemical/sweetener, even holding buds from dispensaries has no joy to it. The shit is completely lifeless, zero energy or love. I found all my rituals vanishing. Chewing on stems, looking at buds under magnification, picking hairs off and smoking them separately,no desire for any of that with this lame ass legal weed. The buds arent even worth a dime.

Most dispensaries grow hay. Then they soak some of it in "boosters" at harvest. People be smoking fruit juice and lemon peels.

This is 100% true with all the dispensary samples I have tried. It's always a conceptual version of what the strain can be, and that's even if it's really what you paid for in the first place. They grow them full tilt for yield and give no consideration to the overall character or unique traits of the strain beyond THC and CDB. I've had some strains they said was This x That and tried it only to figure out that it's some in-house bastardized version of the real genetics.

But to answer the original topic, Blue Dream and GSC are pretty popular around the DC area. In my opinion it's nothing special at all, I'd rather just get some well grown no-name hashplant.

Out here in Oregon the rec market wants anything that tests 25%+ consistently. If you can find a lab that will give you some 30%+ results, you're in the game.

As far as the other side, it's about price point. People want B grade work with A+ pricing. So it's that trade off between the quality of the work and the price point.
It's sad that consumers have been so misinformed about cannabis to the point where some only see those numbers, forcing growers to adulterate samples with kief in order to make them test higher. 25-30% is literally the physical limit to the amount of trichomes vs plant material that can exist on a flower, yet somehow EVERYONE is consistently getting these results ALL THE TIME on EVERY STRAIN? Crooked labs selling high potency results to fulfill market demand for an illusion, sad.

Glad that in CO, labs are coming under scrutiny, and their testing methodologies are being examined in order to develop regulation for testing that will give people accurate numbers, instead of a marketing farce.

Couple of state east of Colorado, seeing lot's of VAPE pens alot of people here are intriqued with.. While it's "fashionable" "Trendy" YOU'RE smoking the By-Product(fan leave shake etc..)..!

Also have several friends in FL(live there most my life till moving to the midwest) getting into the Vape Pen Hysteria.. I DON"T GET IT..

I would much rather be smoking Flower than Fake-N-Bake.. The only upside is the the residule smell or lack of.. Then again these friends don't grow soo probably a factor as well..

Last edited:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
OG Kush is very sought after in my neck of the woods. Can't keep enough of it. It goes before anything else does, and still goes for a decent ticket.

OP

Couple of state east of Colorado, seeing lot's of VAPE pens alot of people here are intriqued with.. While it's "fashionable" "Trendy" YOU'RE smoking the By-Product(fan leave shake etc..)..!

Also have several friends in FL(live there most my life till moving to the midwest) getting into the Vape Pen Hysteria.. I DON"T GET IT..

I would much rather be smoking Flower than Fake-N-Bake.. The only upside is the the residule smell or lack of.. Then again these friends don't grow soo probably a factor as well..
Anyone making their cartridge oil out of leaves and stems is targeting the lower class end of the market, people who just want something cheap, the process of upgrading from shake / prerolls to vaping is usually a pretty significant step up in the amount you'll be spending, both initially and then per week, cheap products like NectarBee etc are for the lower end smokers who already weren't picky about quality.

I only vape from Distillate Carts, regardless of brand, all the plant matter and impurities have been stripped away, you're left with nothing but cannabinoids, then in my preferred brand they actually add back in strain specific terpene profiles, overall the experience is much more like dabbing than it is like vaping.

My current favorite cartridge would be the Super Lemon Haze and Sour Dream carts from ConcentrateSupplyCo, 80% THC, 10% CBD, Sativa flavor with Indica effects, yum.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Vape Carts are Str8 up TRASH aka Hot Dog Juice... anybody with top shelf flowers would never go this route... its literally recyclable Crude Oil ...nasty .. ..

Storm Shadow

Veteran
now whole plant extracts in those 100+ watt Vape Mods.... oh weeeee thats the best secret nobody is really onto yet

Vape Carts are Str8 up TRASH aka Hot Dog Juice... anybody with top shelf flowers would never go this route... its literally recyclable Crude Oil ...nasty .. ..
lol, I don't doubt that you've only experienced low end trash oil carts, I used to judge carts too, before educating myself and finding quality companies like Ascend, CSC, AiroPro, etc.

If you spend all your time buying cheap crap, you have nobody to blame but yourself for the disappointment you experience.

I went from consuming 5+ grams of concentrate a week, to 2, and now less than a gram of live resin / distillate along with 1 500mg cartridge a week, between the ideal THC:CBD ratio, and the flavor, my hits are more satisfying, so I smoke less.

Last edited: