What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Africa seedbank???

BruceBanner

Looks like an iron deficiency. Iron gets locked out at a high pH. So the question is: what is your pH and have the plants been flushed?

pH should be between 6 and 7, so it's not pH, but just too hot soil... Flushing I don't know if it would have any effect, because I don't feed them, it's just the nutrients in the soil I bought?

When I rub the trichomes, mandarine is the main smell, but sweet carrot is now getting stronger, even smelled a faint machine oil but just a hint, and without rubbing, just smelling, it's fruity...

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Naw, that's not a pure iron deficiency which usually starts at the bottom of the leaf and not the tips and it's neither just 'hot' soil.

Is it just me or did the deficiency become worse than in the first pics? Regarding iron deficiency: It seems as if some 'sucker leaves' in the buds are getting light green and that might be lacking iron but the mottled/reticulate appearance and colour of the affected middle leaves speaks for zinc, maybe also copper or boron... on the other hand, the lower older leaves seem to catch on too, mostly around the edges which points towards K or Mg deficiency. I'm still going with the zinc hypothesis as main issue but now that I think about it, it might well be a sign for the beginning of a general deficiency caused by the soil running out of nutrients (at least some). Don't know what to make out of the dark green appearance and under curling leafs... Might be the lighting or the phenotype?
The plant on the left seems to develop some issues as well.

BTW pH 7 might be the upper limit regarding micronutrients.
Do you have a tap water analysis? Some places you get it sent home yearly, can access it online, or have to call the local whatsoever it's called in your place. Might be helpful to know and doesn't cost a dime.
How are the leaves (affected old ones and terminal buds) in texture? Brittle or limp? Anything you could tell?

If the deficiency goes on like that, I'd flush with a diluted complete nutrient formula which contains all the necessary micros. Depending on tap water analysis, you might have to add some Mg or Ca to the fertiliser (if it's a liquid one).
Do you have any idea on how long your plant yet has to go till harvest? If you're chopping in two weeks, it might not be a good idea to add too much (if any) fertiliser, especially if it's rich in nitrogen. That nutrient, I'd keep on the lower end.

Limeygreen

Veteran
It looks like it is too hot, too much N there, blocking your calcium and magnesium and potassium. My guess would be you have a good amount of phosphorus in there as well that is not helping. Best way would be to let her run on the drier side of things and if it is a soil that you have been draining, or should be draining, make sure you're getting your 25-30% drain on each watering.

Iron will not start from the tip and leave the base green, you will also see it on young leaves first. Only's last paragraph sums up other actions to take quite well if done earlier in the cycle but I agree with them, I wouldn't be adding fertilizer this late see how the bud leaves are still good colour over all and how close you are to harvest, take notes and improve the next round.

BruceBanner

I had 4 runs till now with identical setup and with various plants, never changed anything, just improving or trying to, never had problems with pH, just with N deficit, and this is not it or any other deficit. This plant is very sensitive to nutrients, and this is too hot soil, that's it, there is nothing more to think about, this is it for sure, look at the size of the container with new soil, and it's not just that, I am able to recognize what's going on, and it is hot soil for her, the first plant that reacted so, she also stalled in grow because of abundance of nutrients, that I also can tell, and she is too dark green, had clawed tips and few burns but not very typical ones... leaves on touch are on the harder beefier not softer side...
Plant on the left needed repoting what I did today :)

So the solution would be flushing, I've never done that before, how should I do it right?
I don't want to use any more nutrients especially not artificial ones.

And yes deficit is spreading, and I don't like it lol

I can't really be sure how much more she has to go, because last one ACE Panama started explosive but ripening took some time, so I can just assume, about a month to go for sure

Last edited:

bestothebest

I see people asking questions about SOA... I'm going to bump this because if they want to know about land races they'd better be in this tab.

herblux

Hi guys, thanks for sharing all your info on SOA on here! Read all 49 pages haha!

I'm interested in the beans which haven't been covered in this thread much so far. Or at least pictures got lost over the years.

Their Zimbabwe "Zimlicious", Lesotho "Sotho Heights", as well as all the ones from Transkei - Misty Kei, Apondo Mystic and Coffee Gold haven't really been talked about that much yet.

Can someone give us more insight please? Structure, aromas, high? Many WLD individuals, or all NLD? I will most likely try some of them, but just started an NLD grow and have one other planned already, so it'll will be a while.

sbeanonnamellow

Interesting trait found on a Mozambica plant.
picture.php

Yo PineNuts or anyone else that may know. What's the title to the book pictured here?

Rembetis

Looks like the old version of Marijuana Botany by Rob Clarke. It had descriptions of the different strains from around the world. It was written back before the hybrids took over. Wish I still had that one. The newer version got rid of all that info

sbeanonnamellow

Appreciate the reply Rembetis. I'll check it out. When you say that the newer version got rid of all that info, are you referring to the new title Cannabis Evolution and Ethnobotany with by Clarke and Merlin (2013) or are you referring to a second or third printed edition of Marijuana Botany by Clarke. Much love

Rembetis

Its a reprint of Marijuana Botany. Its the newer version which I have now but I'd have to look and see what printing it is. Not sure when the first edition came out. I bought it in the early 80's. We were still getting the old landraces when I bought the first one. I am assuming that when they went away he culled that info from the updated editions

numberguy

Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke page 90 chapter 3 genetics and breeding. its not in the area about Drug Strain Gross Phenotypes. It does say the mutations were on an F1 colombian and also on a plant from afganistan. I saw same on a garlic bud plant late 80s early 90s.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
When I rub the trichomes, mandarine is the main smell, but sweet carrot is now getting stronger, even smelled a faint machine oil but just a hint, and without rubbing, just smelling, it's fruity...

yeah I didnt read previous page, so I didnt know you grow MG, but after this description I was 100% sure it is malawi gold.

talk about that mechanic oil! and of course tangerine on the top of it haha

I had such pheno of golden tiger, crazy trance like state of mind and it floored me like you can get floored on mushrooms and cant get up, stick off the ground, for like 20 minutes or so. super strong and trippy weed, oily tangerine malawi gold...