What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshiners show

iampolluted

the 1 dude i know probably doesn't grow. he'll smoke but he's not the growing type, he likes to drink too much.

i hear ya on the drainage. clay and rain = large puddles lol.

cannacoob

man, i didn't realize this show was in its second season until checking out this thread! (thanks maggers!) my laydee & i have been getting excited seeing the commercials leading up to the new premiere. tickle's line, "ain't nuthin' illegal 'til you git caught", is some funny shit! i also loved his outtakes talking about jim morrison & shooting his first gun when he was 6.

watching the show, i kept thinking of the kinship weed growers & shine makers share. i really admire what these guys do, and love seeing the methodology & ingenuity of these country boys!

st0ne

I got into shine a year or so ago. I have a three inch VM column, on a 26 gallon boiler. There is a brilliant site named Homedistiller with a great community. Many members are from the Ozarks, some even knowing Popcorn.

From what I've gathered; Popcorn is known for selling an image, yet did produce quality shine. Regarding the the show, I don't much believe it. To many inconsistencies.
Late night deliveries of bananas? Also, why store your shine in plastic milk cartons?

Popcorn gassed himself in his car prior to being sent to jail for his conviction over a raid that caught him with hundreds of gallons of shine. His health was failing, and perhaps it was his last "fuck you," from a born rebel.

Check out, "This is the last damn batch of likker I'm ever going to make" on Youtube.
It's the original footage they used on the show. He was quite the character.

Farm Hero

Yes, home distiller is an amazing site.

Popcorn did commit suicide but I also heard that he was diagnosed with cancer and didn't want to die in prison.

If you're not stripping resin off your plants with your own moonshine yer missing out! Then redistilling it in a small stovetop still, reclaiming your moonshine and then opening up the still and getting your cannabis oil out. Perfect, sure someone here is doing that....

Latest posts

Latest posts