What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Every cannabis user is a medical patient whether they know it or not" - Dennis Peron

"Every cannabis user is a medical patient whether they know it or not" - Dennis Peron

While we all contemplate the laws, rules, regulations, the various selection of clones available, the newly created edibles and concentrates at the many dispensaries, the trials and tribulations of growing, the importance of getting quality, pesticide free, and organic flowers, the various testing agencies that have sprung up, the newly found importance of CBD, or CBN, or THC-A, the many various forms of ingesting cannabis, the vaporizing toys and bubble bags and washing machines being manufactured, the solvents being tested, the trichomes, pistils, and resins, etc.....

You don't have to be a medical user to appreciate the medical benefits of cannabis. And stress is the #1 killer in the USA today. And cannabis is the #1 natural medicine for stress.

Let us remember what Dennis Peron said, about medical users, being average people who do not yet recognize they are using it medicinally, and let us remember the one thing most of us enjoy from the herb....what brings us back to all our roots, the basic most important part of the cannabis flower, being it medicinally, for recreation, spiritually, or for just it's aphrodisiac qualities...:)
Let us remember what we all enjoy, and that is...
Getting High! :thank you:

M

Mr dude

true herb is for healing and guiding the mind i belive in the high as the medicine and belive the smoke is sacred all herb is "medicle" and all ways has been
i believe "medi mj" is a good thing to allow people to use "for medi purpose" i am a registered card holder in co i dont not belive in the

M

Mr dude

true herb is for healing and guiding the mind i belive in the high as the medicine and belive the smoke is sacred all herb is "medicle" and all ways has been
i believe "medi mj" is a good thing to allow people to use "for medi purpose" i am a registered card holder in co i dont not belive in the the big business ass fucks who come in and set up shop selling weed who dont know shit about it ... no clue.. business men have no right to step all over our plant i know of shops around me people tending the herb they dont even smoke(seems like to me) just jumping on the cow raw dog fucking it people selling clones no idea on flowering times or genitic backrounds
also lots of people who get there card and dont even use the plant just paying there bills its a shame
any way smoke on medi or not just dont forget about respect ganj been used and loved long before us

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Medicalgreen that is very nice, would it be possible for you to insert quotes to show us what were his words exactly, or are those in bold? Many thanks DD

Medicalgreen that is very nice, would it be possible for you to insert quotes to show us what were his words exactly, or are those in bold? Many thanks DD

Hi Doobieduck,
I helped collect sigs for Prop 215 back in 1996. I remember Dennis said it back then. It is a 98% exact quote, i'm sure. I cannot remember if it was said in a local paper because of the initiative, or at a rally at the Federal Building, or something he said to us personally. But I do remember that quote, because it changed my entire perspective about medical cannabis.

It's the quote in bold, and I will try to find some reference. It was definitely something he said, though.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Might as well post & you can put this Chief DEA Judge's fact finding mission in 1986 alongside Dennis' statement for the disemination of information & education on Cannabis safety . For it was always a standout moment in the History of rescheduling the Fed CSA which isn't ever going to happen on the Fed Level, because of our involvement in the United Nations Narcotic Treaty dating back to 1961 which to this day classifies Cannabis in the most "Harm" category .

It was ten years before the DEA formed by the DOJ under TrickyDick Nixon's Attorney General John Mitchell the United Nations drew up an international Narcotics Treaty that led to the US pressuring all the other Nations into agreeing to classify MJ in the strictest category right beside Heroin & Coca etc . Its this International UN Treaty we have signed that gives the Feds their unchallengable power which they will not relinquish in any case to this very day

but thats another post , or see post #51
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4325384#post4325384

Here's the DEA Judge's Finding:

Back in the summer of 1986 the DEA administrator initiated public hearings on cannabis rescheduling. The hearings lasted two years, involving many witnesses & 1000's of documents and he found :

DEA Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young on September 6, 1988 ruled that cannabis did not meet the legal criteria of a Schedule I prohibited drug and should be reclassified. He declared that cannabis in its natural form is :

""Marijuana is the safest therapeutically active substance known to man... safer than many foods we commonly consume."

DEA Chief Law adminster Judge Frank Young's fact findings link here , safer than almost all big Pharma drugs with zero side effects
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_law1-3.shtml

Very good supplemental link from Wiki on Rescheduling Cannabis CSA and the Judge's quote from the above finding Cannabis one of the least harmful naturally occurring plants with many medicinal uses .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_cannabis_from_Schedule_I_of_the_Controlled_Substances_Act

Last edited:

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I like to think of it as a quality of life enhancement.

I bet 99.9% percent of users will probably say it has increased their QOL as a whole than if they had never smoked.

Might as well post & you can put this Chief DEA Judge's fact finding mission in 1986 alongside Dennis' statement for the disemination of information & education on Cannabis safety . For it was always a standout moment in the History of rescheduling the Fed CSA which isn't ever going to happen on the Fed Level, because of our involvement in the United Nations Narcotic Treaty dating back to 1961 which to this day classifies Cannabis in the most "Harm" category .

It was ten years before the DEA formed by the DOJ under TrickyDick Nixon's Attorney General John Mitchell the United Nations drew up an international Narcotics Treaty that led to the US pressuring all the other Nations into agreeing to classify MJ in the strictest category right beside Heroin & Coca etc . Its this International UN Treaty we have signed that gives the Feds their unchallengable power which they will not relinquish in any case to this very day

but thats another post , or see post #51
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4325384#post4325384

Here's the DEA Judge's Finding:

Back in the summer of 1986 the DEA administrator initiated public hearings on cannabis rescheduling. The hearings lasted two years, involving many witnesses & 1000's of documents and he found :

DEA Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young on September 6, 1988 ruled that cannabis did not meet the legal criteria of a Schedule I prohibited drug and should be reclassified. He declared that cannabis in its natural form is :

""Marijuana is the safest therapeutically active substance known to man... safer than many foods we commonly consume."

DEA Chief Law adminster Judge Frank Young's fact findings link here , safer than almost all big Pharma drugs with zero side effects
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_law1-3.shtml

Very good supplemental link from Wiki on Rescheduling Cannabis CSA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_cannabis_from_Schedule_I_of_the_Controlled_Substances_Act

Francis Young's statement was one of our primary war cries back then. That was a monumental statement. Thanks for bringing that back.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
DEA Judge Young's findings (1986) were after two yrs of fact finding & 1000's of documents presented . He found MJ harmless almost across the board compared to most all other big pharma drugs that in everycase have side effects associated with them & he went on to recommended it be de-scheduled .

The full scope of the truth of Cannabis is in the true nature behind the Controlled Substances Act which itself only mirrors the decade earlier United Nations Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs it was the Fed Authority then (1961) which pressured all other UN Nations to agree to classify Cannabis into the most harm category which is still classified to this day . And later to consolidate Federal police power enormously giving them both domestic & international reach , scope & latitude .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs

At the U.S.’s insistence, cannabis was placed under the heaviest control regime in the 1961 United Nations Convention, Schedule IV. The argument for placing cannabis in this category was that it was widely abused.

The WHO later found that cannabis could have medical applications after all, but the structure was already in place and no international action has since been taken to correct this anomaly In 1969,

PresidentRichard Nixon announced that the Attorney General, John N. Mitchell, was preparing a comprehensive new measure to more effectively meet the narcotic and dangerous drug problems at the federal level by combining all existing federal laws into a single new statute. The CSA did not merely combine existing federal drug laws but changed the nature of federal drug law and policy, expanded the scope of federal drug laws and expanded federal police power enormously.

Last edited:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
And here's the final ruse & the rub, that even if you are to overwhelmingly prove that Cannabis has medical & therapeutic value , the Attorney General, DOJ & the DEA can ignore such findings by the power of 1rst allegiance of our participation in the ----> United Nations International Narcotics Treaty .

And here it is in bold :

If an international treaty, ratified by the U.S., mandates that a drug be controlled, the Attorney General is required to "issue an order controlling such drug under the schedule he deems most appropriate to carry out such obligations" without regard to scientific or medical findings.[15]

(why the Feds do not have to ever recognize Medical MJ , regardless of
medical findings/health benefits ...are we getting the big-Fed picture yet ? )

* The UN Narcotics Treaty still classifies Cannabis in the "worst harm category" so the Feds can do whatever they want by virtue of the UN International Treaty for as long as they want . Of course it was the US Federal Authority that pressured the UN to adopt these strict policies in the first place , then later under Nixon used it to overwhelmingly to unify the Federal Police state under the DEA & schedules in the CSA giving them enormous powers to ignore & do whatever they want . They have no desire now or at any time in the future of relinquishing this power which gives them International & domestics powers they will not give up easily .

They (The Feds DOJ & DEA ) can classify, schedule & maintain any drug into any schedule they want @ any time , regardless of any scientific studies or believed health benefits .

Last edited:
P

Peat

I seem to remember him saying something similar in an documentary maaany yrs ago...
:chin: (ABC's "Pot of Gold", I think it was.) :dunno:

He was chuckling about how med maj would open the door to legalization because...
...something like,
"All use is medicinal use..."

MSimon

While we all contemplate the laws, rules, regulations, the various selection of clones available, the newly created edibles and concentrates at the many dispensaries, the trials and tribulations of growing, the importance of getting quality, pesticide free, and organic flowers, the various testing agencies that have sprung up, the newly found importance of CBD, or CBN, or THC-A, the many various forms of ingesting cannabis, the vaporizing toys and bubble bags and washing machines being manufactured, the solvents being tested, the trichomes, pistils, and resins, etc.....

You don't have to be a medical user to appreciate the medical benefits of cannabis. And stress is the #1 killer in the USA today. And cannabis is the #1 natural medicine for stress.

Let us remember what Dennis Peron said, about medical users, being average people who do not yet recognize they are using it medicinally, and let us remember the one thing most of us enjoy from the herb....what brings us back to all our roots, the basic most important part of the cannabis flower, being it medicinally, for recreation, spiritually, or for just it's aphrodisiac qualities...:)
Let us remember what we all enjoy, and that is...
Getting High! :thank you:
I can prove Medically - Dennis was correct.

There are NO Addicts. There are only people in pain.

Drugs fill receptors.
Pain empties receptors. PTSD empties receptors.
Filling empty receptors makes you feel good.
Empty receptors create a desire for drugs.
Drugs can not create a desire for drugs.

Stop making criminals out of people in pain.

Recreational users are just people in undiagnosed pain. The receptors they fill are pain receptors. Reducing pain is the recreation.