What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Tom Petty

Betterhaff

Veteran
Another legend gone, taken too soon. I loved his candor in both his songs and quips. A favorite quote:

“I have a blessed life. I think any time you’re making a living at what you love to do, you’re blessed. That’s what I try to instill in my kids. Go after what you really love and find a way to make that work for you, and then you’ll be a happy person.”
-Tom Petty

Thank you for your music and RIP.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I saw early/awesome Petty in July of '86. Buffalo. With Dylan & Grateful Dead. Legendary concert, legendary drug use by us. Such a talent.

the gnome

Veteran
tom petty, he's true national treasure
I was inches away from making his last tour my 1st, never to happen now.
he hinted it would be his last, after his entire life was dedicated to his music and fans
at last he planned to take time with his new grand daughter.
he was rare rare talent playing 2-1/2hr shows with the crowd knowing
words to all the songs and singing along
he leaves a void I doubt will ever be filled

I believe he's making plans upstairs with george and roy now that
3 outta 5 of the traveling willburys have reunited!

RIP
Tom Petty
1950 - 2017

G

So sad news...

RIP Tom.
My favourite one...
[YOUTUBEIF]YtJ8PFMEQjo[/YOUTUBEIF]

iBogart

Veteran
Just had this old memory when I was traveling in my VW van coming home from a surf sesh. It was late afternoon and I had half a joint in the ash tray. I sparked it up and turned on the radio and the DJ was introducing Tom Petty's latest single. This was the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsH4CrwExCQ

Thanks for all the great memories. Gone too fast. RIP Tom Petty

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I really liked the Traveling Wilburys.
Man, what a line up.
Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, George Harrison and Tom.

End of the Line.
[YOUTUBEIF]cwqhdRs4jyA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Handle with Care
[YOUTUBEIF]1o4s1KVJaVA[/YOUTUBEIF]

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
anyone else feel like a part of their childhood died with Tom? I remember being a teenager and seeing the" don't come around here no more " video...and have been a fan ever since...RIP Tom Petty.

vta

Veteran
I remember, about 8 or so years ago, going to see Tom at the Hollywood Bowl. One of the greatest places to see any band. We had shitty seats way up in the back. ZZ Top opened. I will never forget the massive cloud of pot smoke that just 'hung' over the place. I'm sure pounds were consumed that evening.

What a great show !!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Man...just sitting here with my lady listening to Petty right now... drinking and puffin...Crawling Back to You...makes one really appreciate what one has...health, happiness, home, love...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read with sadness about his hip fracture/pain and had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Taken together it severely depresses the respiratory system. While oxycodone is also strong, fentanyl is one of the strongest opioids available, and even a tiny amount can lead to an overdose in people who are not opioid resistant. There is a lot more restriction surrounding who should be prescribed fentanyl, and it’s not intended for managing short-term pain.

When considering are fentanyl and oxycodone the same, they can both lead to overdose in the same way, however, it would take significantly less fentanyl for a person to overdose than with oxycodone in many cases.

I blame his doctor for prescribing all 3.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep,,,,fentanyl mixed with smack has taken quite few out over here also,,,
seems huge in the states,,,,Tom Petty,,Prince,,,,a young rapper whose name escapes me and not to be last i fear,,,,,,
just read constipation meds directly for opiod users was advertised during the Superbowl a few years back,,,,,obamas chief of staff freaked by all accounts.....

Latest posts

Latest posts