What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A real danger,a false premise,or a statistical anamoly..?

Floridian

Veteran
I knew it was coming sooner or later.The states that have legalized recreational marijuana have seen a "jump" in collision claims on the roads of approx. 3%.Three percent lol!!If that's the best the anti-lobby can do that's pretty fuckin pitiful.No increase in supposed impaired drivers from cannabis use,no anything that can tie usage to collision claims much less actual accidents.I'm surprised it took so long to be honest,the whole "report"is only to prejudice the average non user against any kind of use,especially recreational.The next step will be an increase in the number of people using the emergency room in the "legal"states,and again there won't be any actual link between cannabis and emergency room entries,it will be implied because they will only be looking at the rec. user states.Things increase naturally as population increases.The whole concept can be easily written off by people with any degree of intelligence and a small degree of suspicion on the subject.Statistical anamolies are a dime a dozen

igrowone

Veteran
there's another thread a little while back, had another stat on cannabis driving
there was an increase in the fender bender accidents
but the fatal/injurious kind went down!
and it makes a good deal of sense, cannabis produces an effect where the user is aware of impairment
and they slow down, slow down and less injuries
somehow i doubt that finding will make its way into jurisprudence

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Indeed, fatal accidents are down in legal states. Last I read (a year ago) the number of alcohol related accidents was lower as well. Interesting to see fender benders are up, since a lot of people new to cannabis are new to cannabis+driving.

I see that going back down, once education and awareness increases. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts